United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-05-2008, 12:46 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Tell you what - Schuster is talking here as if he's already their player.

about the potential press intrusion

"The media explosion (would be a problem)," he explained.
"For the fans this signing would be an amazing explosion similar to what happened here when Beckham arrived.
"This isn't England, and that change will affect him. We have to be clever about this and sort this problem out for the kid."

Weird seeing a coach talk like that. I know Madrid are @#%&!s but still, coaches themselves rarely speak like this.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football...R_Ronaldo.html
£#%&!ers to a man.

The funny thing is, the deals that are being talked about would virtually guarantee that they will win £#%&! all for the forseeable future were they to get him, as they would be spending the entire budget, not replacing the elderly legs in the squad and potentially losing 3 top players into the bargain.

It's £#%&!ing lunacy.

Unread 27-05-2008, 12:47 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Off to Arse anyway isn't he?
I'm not bothered really. If Utd keep the quality we have, sign 3/4 and give a few of the youngsters a chance (Wellbeck, Possebumwhatshisname etc) I'll be more than happy.

Must strengthen from this position though.

Unread 27-05-2008, 12:49 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I'm not bothered really. If Utd keep the quality we have, sign 3/4 and give a few of the youngsters a chance (Wellbeck, Possebumwhatshisname etc) I'll be more than happy.

Must strengthen from this position though.
Yup, me too, priority though has to be getting Evra's contract sorted.

Unread 27-05-2008, 12:52 PM
MUFC One Love

To me Madrid seem desperate. Their quotes are ridiculous. Schusters quotes are desperate.

Ronaldo would be making a huge mistake going there this summer, just as he has become the best player in the world he could throw it away.

I don't think he'll go but it's now got to the point that I don't care, he is boring me with his 'in a few weeks' %@#$&!s about an announcement. If he his to go make sure we get the best deal for us. We'll win titles once Ronaldo has gone, think people may need to remind Ronaldo we're bigger than him.

Also we'll probably win more than Madrid over the next 5 years.

Unread 27-05-2008, 01:00 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Schuster's comments are very insulting to Manchester United in my opinion.

There has to be something that United can do to really £#%&! with Madrid.

Unread 27-05-2008, 01:02 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
To me Madrid seem desperate. Their quotes are ridiculous. Schusters quotes are desperate.

Ronaldo would be making a huge mistake going there this summer, just as he has become the best player in the world he could throw it away.

I don't think he'll go but it's now got to the point that I don't care, he is boring me with his 'in a few weeks' %@#$&!s about an announcement. If he his to go make sure we get the best deal for us. We'll win titles once Ronaldo has gone, think people may need to remind Ronaldo we're bigger than him.

Also we'll probably win more than Madrid over the next 5 years.
they want Hleb as well now. nft.

Unread 27-05-2008, 01:07 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
they want Hleb as well now. nft.
From Ronaldo to Hleb.

Unread 27-05-2008, 01:14 PM
Tumescent Throb

what a bizarre thread from start to finish

don't worry lads, there'll be some new news in tomorrow's 'papers

Unread 27-05-2008, 01:16 PM
Tronics

Fabiano isn't the one tbh.

Very inconsistent and moody when things don't go his way.

Would rather we get someone in that's a REAL prospect upfront, but i doubt Benzema is an option, especially with Lyon being determined not to let him go.

Daniel Alves would be a good buy but i doubt will get him.

Unread 27-05-2008, 01:17 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
what a bizarre thread from start to finish

don't worry lads, there'll be some new news in tomorrow's 'papers
Yes, the possibility will then exist of a discussion of it. S'pose we could ban topical discussions for the summer and just pick a historical topic to persue for the next few weeks instead.

Unread 27-05-2008, 01:19 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Yes, the possibility will then exist of a discussion of it. S'pose we could ban topical discussions for the summer and just pick a historical topic to persue for the next few weeks instead.
good idea.

let's talk about the constant Ronaldo speculation from last summer for a bit

Unread 27-05-2008, 01:23 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
good idea.

let's talk about the constant Ronaldo speculation from last summer for a bit
Erm, Ok? This thread was about this summer's latest players linked with United, or at least it was. Thought a discussion of their relative merits wouldn't be out of order. Not sure how it became so much about Ronnie but hey, if people wanna talk about that, who are we, but 2 humans, to stop 'em?

Unread 27-05-2008, 01:27 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Erm, Ok? This thread was about this summer's latest players linked with United, or at least it was. Thought a discussion of their relative merits wouldn't be out of order. Not sure how it became so much about Ronnie but hey, if people wanna talk about that, who are we, but 2 humans, to stop 'em?
yeah you're right, sorry

can we have Podolski please?

Unread 27-05-2008, 01:29 PM
Stretlow

How public do you have to make your interest before its classed as tapping up?

Obviously im no guru in such matters but surely the line that is there has been well and truely £#%&!ing crossed, and more to the point why the £#%&! is no-one paying any attention, I dont understand.

My personal opinion though is he'll go £#%&!in no-where, there's absolutley no benefit in it.

Unread 27-05-2008, 01:29 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
yeah you're right, sorry

can we have Podolski please?
not my decision to make I'm afraid.

Unread 27-05-2008, 01:37 PM
Tumescent Throb

Can somebody please tell me exactly what Real Madrid have done wrong, please?

All the 'papers are full of all sorts of %@#$&!s every day. Why is Marca taken so seriously by you lot?

Unread 27-05-2008, 01:43 PM
dunk

Quote:

All the 'papers are full of all sorts of %@#$&!s every day. Why is Marca taken so seriously by you lot?
I don't take it seriously. I don't like the 'Official' comments they make, as Schuster has done, that can't be defended and is classless IMO.

As for the stories Marca come out with, I just take great joy in pulling the deals they proffer apart, because they are £#%&!ing ludacrous.

£60m and Ramos, Diarra and Robinho.

£#%&!, I'd be half tempted to take that.

Unread 27-05-2008, 01:43 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:

Personally don't pay any heed to Marca at all.

However, the coach of another side telling the press that he's going to have to ensure 'the kid' ie, your player - is protected from the interest generated by him becoming their player, i think its very bad form.

Oh and as I was reading this thread and noticing some of the talk had turned to madrid and ronaldo, I dropped the the sporting life piece and the quotes into it rather than starting a new thread.

Is that ok with you Mr Throb?

By the way, you're not the boss of me

Unread 27-05-2008, 02:01 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Personally don't pay any heed to Marca at all.

However, the coach of another side telling the press that he's going to have to ensure 'the kid' ie, your player - is protected from the interest generated by him becoming their player, i think its very bad form.

Oh and as I was reading this thread and noticing some of the talk had turned to madrid and ronaldo, I dropped the the sporting life piece and the quotes into it rather than starting a new thread.

Is that ok with you Mr Throb?

By the way, you're not the boss of me
okay

but if you pay no heed to Marca why do you believe what it puts out there

hypothetically, Madrid could be a goldfish bowl for Ronaldo

I wonder if Madrid/Marca/the Spanish mafia mightn't be a teensy weensy bit pissed about their being mentioned in the same breath as Franco at a press conference broadcast globally

Unread 27-05-2008, 02:05 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
okay

but if you pay no heed to Marca why do you believe what it puts out there

hypothetically, Madrid could be a goldfish bowl for Ronaldo

I wonder if Madrid/Marca/the Spanish mafia mightn't be a teensy weensy bit pissed about their being mentioned in the same breath as Franco at a press conference broadcast globally
these are quotes, from Schuster (he's the coach of Real Madrid). I pay heed to quotes.

It was AS that asked him - not Marca by the way
Closed Thread