United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-05-2008, 09:11 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
The thing is that, at United he's a great player and we indulge him somewhat. He's liked by the press and life is good. When he goes to Spain he'll be another 'Galactico' when the last few years have maybe shown that isn't what Madrid needed...

He's far better than Terry Henry but I think he may suffer a similar fate until he settles in. He won't take as many free kicks, he probably won't take penalties and will get a bit more abuse when he's greedy because he is sometimes.

Ho hum.
If and when he goes to Madrid I hope he is as succesful (over the remainder of his entire career) as Henry was last season at Barca. That would be nice.

But highly doubtful.

Unread 27-05-2008, 09:15 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
If and when he goes to Madrid I hope he is as succesful (over the remainder of his entire career) as Henry was last season at Barca. That would be nice.

But highly doubtful.
Problem for him would be Real would be spending a fortune on him, just one player when they have needs all over the pitch. slotting Ronnie into a team that poor aint gonna do much imo. He needs players like tevez and Rooney to run their arses off to create the space forhim, he'll have Ruud suilking ahead of him complaining he doesn't cross it early enough.

Unread 27-05-2008, 09:20 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Problem for him would be Real would be spending a fortune on him, just one player when they have needs all over the pitch. slotting Ronnie into a team that poor aint gonna do much imo. He needs players like tevez and Rooney to run their arses off to create the space forhim, he'll have Ruud suilking ahead of him complaining he doesn't cross it early enough.
For a season or so yes.

Unread 27-05-2008, 09:24 AM
dunk

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
For a season or so yes.
And then the fascist @#%&!s will come back and try to take Tevez, Anderson & Nani, to name but 3.

Methinks they covert our style...

Unread 27-05-2008, 10:26 AM
Luffy

I think its £#%&!ing wonderful that the galacticos went from buying all the top players in the world to snapping up man utd rejects (not quite the word but you know...)

CQ, ruud, beckham, heinze, £#%&!in hell. Spanish league is a pile of shit if that team can win the league with ease.

One thing I do envy is they seem to get the cash from all their marketing/shirt sales/etc which I'm not sure we do, apparently Nike must make an absolute killing from Man Utd merchandise revenue. Unbelieveable that Beckham singlehandedly propelled them to world's richest club at one point.

Unread 27-05-2008, 10:28 AM
dunk

How long until we re-negotiate the Nike deal?

Unread 27-05-2008, 10:31 AM
Mr_Ed

Think it was done in 2001 so should be another 3 years.

Unread 27-05-2008, 11:50 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Think it was done in 2001 so should be another 3 years.
That's good news, I think we undersold ourselves last time.

Unread 27-05-2008, 12:04 PM
Sparky***

£50 million in 2 weeks? on those 3? Bad businesss in my opinion. Don't rate Fabiano.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
How long until we re-negotiate the Nike deal?
When the day comes when we can all negotiate our own TV deals, everybody EVERYBODY will eat our dust.

Unread 27-05-2008, 12:12 PM
Wafty Crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
When the day comes when we can all negotiate our own TV deals, everybody EVERYBODY will eat our dust.
True, but then football as we know it (ie 4/5 professional leagues in this country) will disappear. Skewed as the distribution of tv money currently is (in some people's minds), it still benefits the lower league clubs more than they have any divine right to expect. I can't tell you how many supporters of 'smaller' clubs who took the piss when Glazer arrived, were quite stunned when I explained their clubs would probably cease to exist if Glazer ever got the chance to negotiate United's tv rights exclusively (still the only way I can see the Glazers ever paying the debt off).

Not as stunned as I was that someone actually believed something I said to them, however...

Unread 27-05-2008, 12:17 PM
puressence

samir nasri , capel ......

Unread 27-05-2008, 12:19 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
samir nasri , capel ......
Deja vu. Senna? Cacapa?

Unread 27-05-2008, 12:20 PM
puressence

Quote:
Deja vu. Senna? Cacapa?
tbh ..senna was very close to joining ..

capel and nasri are top quality young players..

will be gutted if arsenal sign nasri

Unread 27-05-2008, 12:23 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

Yeah, yeah, I know, Capel's the next Botham, crap 'tache though.

Unread 27-05-2008, 12:28 PM
dunk

Quote:

will be gutted if arsenal sign nasri
Good player from what I've seen, a bit lightweight though. Similar to Rosicky IMO, picks up a few injuries too.

Unread 27-05-2008, 12:35 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Good player from what I've seen, a bit lightweight though. Similar to Rosicky IMO, picks up a few injuries too.
He's not been playing much has he?

Unread 27-05-2008, 12:38 PM
dunk

Quote:
He's not been playing much has he?
'cos he's always injured. MOTWYW.

Unread 27-05-2008, 12:40 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Tell you what - Schuster is talking here as if he's already their player.

about the potential press intrusion

"The media explosion (would be a problem)," he explained.
"For the fans this signing would be an amazing explosion similar to what happened here when Beckham arrived.
"This isn't England, and that change will affect him. We have to be clever about this and sort this problem out for the kid."

Weird seeing a coach talk like that. I know Madrid are @#%&!s but still, coaches themselves rarely speak like this.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football...R_Ronaldo.html

Unread 27-05-2008, 12:43 PM
Whalefish

Nasri's decent but he isn't Anderson. MOTWYW.

Unread 27-05-2008, 12:44 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Nasri's decent but he isn't Anderson. MOTWYW.
Off to Arse anyway isn't he?
Closed Thread