United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-05-2008, 08:16 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Fergie to spend £50 million in the next 2 week according to The Mirror.

I know posting this'll get Ether all pissy but i've done it anyway. They claim the targets are Alves, Fabiano and Micah Richards.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...9520-20430954/

Exclusive: Manchester United to spend £50m on transfers in 14 days
Sir Alex Ferguson plans quick-fire pre-holiday transfer spree
By David Mcdonnell 27/05/2008

Fergie wants to build swiftly on United's Premier League and Champions League double triumph by bolstering his squad before the start of the mad summer scramble for players.

United completed the signings of Nani, Anderson and Owen Hargreaves within two weeks of the end of last season and Fergie wants this summer's business done before he goes on his annual summer holiday to the exclusive resort of Cap Ferrat in the South of France next week.

Top of Fergie's wanted list are Sevilla's Brazilian duo, striker Luis Fabiano and defender Daniel Alves, who are likely to cost United a combined £30million.

Alves is seen as Gary Neville's permanent replacement at right-back, but Fergie remains keen on Manchester City and England defender Micah Richards, despite his likely £20m price tag.

There is likely to be a maximum of four new faces at United this summer, while three departures are inevitable - defenders Mikael Silvestre and Gerard Pique, as well as injury-plagued striker Louis Saha.

Unread 27-05-2008, 08:17 AM
Mr_Ed

Wonder when we're actually going to pay them though?

Unread 27-05-2008, 08:18 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed

Don't know anything about Fabiano and all i know about Alves is he doesn't defend. Almost certainly no truth in it anyway.

Unread 27-05-2008, 08:22 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
With the cash from the £70million Madrid will pay Utd for Ronaldo. Well, that's the Marca latest.

Unread 27-05-2008, 08:24 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
With the cash from the £70million Madrid will pay Utd for Ronaldo. Well, that's the Marca latest.
Still plowing that furrow are they?

Unread 27-05-2008, 08:26 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Still plowing that furrow are they?
Yup. Today's update claims they've activated the clause in his contract and now it's up to the player to get wet publicly.

Good old babelfish.

As I said over the weekend, if he wants to go let him go but make damn sure you take Madrid to the £#%&!ing cleaners.

Unread 27-05-2008, 08:27 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Yup. Today's update claims they've activated the clause in his contract and now it's up to the player to get wet publicly.

Good old babelfish.

As I said over the weekend, if he wants to go let him go but make damn sure you take Madrid to the £#%&!ing cleaners.
Err, what clause?

Unread 27-05-2008, 08:33 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Err, what clause?
I did wonder.

I struggle to comprehend the suggestion that he now wants and deserves a better deal. He's already on big money at Utd (isn't he? ). So he gets pay hike to circa £150k after a great season? Do Gill et al reserve the right to go back to his agent next Summer after a predictably below par season from Ronaldo and say we're dropping you down the pay scale now since you performance levels have dipped? What happens if he scores 44 goals next year? Does he come back for £175k a week?

Also, how do Madrid repeatedly get away with this kind of circus in the press? Why does no one complain to the governing bodies? They're a £#%&!ing disgrace of a club.

I'm back in work today and I'm not in the best of moods. Indy 4 was £#%&!ing shite too.

Unread 27-05-2008, 08:33 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

39 million + Robinho + Ramos + Diarra is the latest. So that is a chunk of money, a lighweight show pony who drinks too much a top class right back and a central midfielder when we already have 6 players who play in central midfield. Hmmmm

Unread 27-05-2008, 08:36 AM
thatsfuctit

tibal football , yes i know it's shite, and there's no quotes

says ..£35 million cash, plus stars Robinho, Sergio Ramos and Mahamadou Diarra all in exchange., if you really really want him.

Unread 27-05-2008, 08:37 AM
Whalefish

I'd have Ramos and Diarra tbh.

The latter could actually do the job of protecting the back four if Carrick was injured. I agree with S/Side on this one, don't think we've another midfielder capable of doing that. Hargreaves - for me anyway - looks better suited to box to box play.

They can keep Robinho, look elsewhere for a winger.

Unread 27-05-2008, 08:38 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
tibal football , yes i know it's shite, and there's no quotes

says ..£35 million cash, plus stars Robinho, Sergio Ramos and Mahamadou Diarra all in exchange., if you really really want him.
don't rate Robinho, don't know Ramos, don't need Diarra.

How exactly do Real get to dictate his price and how they want to pay it? He's a United player, we don't have to sell him. They can £#%&! off.

Unread 27-05-2008, 08:42 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

I wonder if Marca Ronaldo and Madrid know how much they are boring me these days.

Unread 27-05-2008, 08:46 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
I wonder if Marca Ronaldo and Madrid know how much they are boring me these days.
"Only god knows my future..."

No he doesn't you daft #@&%!. You and your agent do.

Unread 27-05-2008, 08:48 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

You said it man.

Unread 27-05-2008, 09:00 AM
dunk

The press are into the fabricating of United stories portion of the summer, as they have absolutely no idea what we are actually up to, nor will they find out until we are good and ready, just like last summer.

This causes 1 or 2 to try a little guess work using small snippets of information, players making themselves available, places our scouts have been seen things like that. They are always £#%&!ing wrong. They hate it.

Marca seem to be doing similar with Real. There is no way they sacrifice their entir budget and 3 top players to secure 1 who could get injured at any time.

Unread 27-05-2008, 09:02 AM
antonin jablonsky

Anyway, Fabiano? Any good?

Not sure why we'd spend £50 million and 2 of the 3 would be defenders by the way.

Unread 27-05-2008, 09:04 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Anyway, Fabiano? Any good?

Not sure why we'd spend £50 million and 2 of the 3 would be defenders by the way.
Apparently he's a total sulk bag who would have personality problems at a club like United.

Unread 27-05-2008, 09:09 AM
Mr_Ed

The thing is that, at United he's a great player and we indulge him somewhat. He's liked by the press and life is good. When he goes to Spain he'll be another 'Galactico' when the last few years have maybe shown that isn't what Madrid needed...

He's far better than Terry Henry but I think he may suffer a similar fate until he settles in. He won't take as many free kicks, he probably won't take penalties and will get a bit more abuse when he's greedy because he is sometimes.

Ho hum.

Unread 27-05-2008, 09:09 AM
antonin jablonsky

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Apparently he's a total sulk bag who would have personality problems at a club like United.
I see, hope we get him then.(crosses fingers)
Closed Thread