United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-05-2008, 05:02 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
I wish he'd get a £#%&!ing move on tb honest. Season finished Thursday morning and he's going on his holidays in five days.

Still, nice at the top while it lasted eh Saf? Get out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Could be right S/Side. Be interesting to see where Veloso ends up.
They'll get a good look at him this summer. I get the feeling he could be in Scolari's starting lineup.

Unread 25-05-2008, 05:02 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Worst signing of the 2007/08 season? What was it, £12m or so?

Unread 25-05-2008, 05:03 PM
Tumescent Throb

Excellent appraisal of The Little Prince, as expected SN

I'd be happy for United to take him under their wing tbh

Certainly a player with his qualities would improve United's squad

Not a big fan of Ribery's style personally, even if he is very good at what he does.

Next question: what's this Alves bloke's left peg like?

Unread 25-05-2008, 05:06 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
I wish he'd get a £#%&!ing move on tb honest. Season finished Thursday morning and he's going on his holidays in five days.
You jest, but I'm 'getting the itch' already!

After the last couple of months or so that United have had, pretty much a 'must win' game every few days my body is struggling to adapt to the fact it's all over & we won the 2 biggies!

A quality signing would be a start.
Come on Fergie, pull your finger out

Unread 25-05-2008, 05:09 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
He seems to avoid using it unless he has do. Don't think it's the strongest.

But how often does Evra use his right?

Unread 25-05-2008, 05:13 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
If you can be bothered reading it, I posted my view on Alves over in another thread a little while back. If you can't, then basically I agree with what S/Side said.

Unread 25-05-2008, 05:16 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Worst signing of the 2007/08 season? What was it, £12m or so?
Yep, €15m I think it was. Although if Fergie really wants a tall striker, I reckon we could get him for around €10m now

Unread 25-05-2008, 05:16 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Perhaps reading too much into it but going off his interview today it seems Utd may try and sign a tall striker. .

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73503

Come on SAF, make a young lads dream come true

Unread 25-05-2008, 05:21 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73503

Come on SAF, make a young lads dream come true
Not that tall ffs.

What constitutes tall nowadays anyway?

There aren't a great deal of strikers over 6ft out there I don't think.

Benzema is 6ft ish and he is widely regarded as exactly what we need.

Unread 25-05-2008, 05:31 PM
Tumescent Throb

So basically he hasn't really got one, then!

I was really getting at his versatility; it's obviously not essential, but with Tweety gone a fullback who could cover either flank would be ideal, and would be one less player standing in the way of the Brazillian lads' path to the 1st team

Wes Brown has been an absolute star for United this season, to the point where he worked the right side of Chelsea's defence superbly before swinging over a pin-point left footed assist in the biggest club match on earth

these points are related but I can't be bothered to untangle them

Unread 25-05-2008, 05:32 PM
Firswood Red

posted it on another thread about Marek Hamsik, been linked with United a few times over the past year, as have Chelsea & Liverpool. He denied any truth in him going to Liverpool though.

Can play all across Midfield and has goals in him. Has anyone seen much of him?

Unread 25-05-2008, 05:39 PM
Whalefish

Rafinha is a RB but has been used at CB for what it's worth.

In terms of a striker, if Berbatov doesn't come then I'm kind of expecting Ashton.

Unread 25-05-2008, 05:40 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
So basically he hasn't really got one, then!

I was really getting at his versatility; it's obviously not essential, but with Tweety gone a fullback who could cover either flank would be ideal, and would be one less player standing in the way of the Brazillian lads' path to the 1st team

Wes Brown has been an absolute star for United this season, to the point where he worked the right side of Chelsea's defence superbly before swinging over a pin-point left footed assist in the biggest club match on earth

these points are related but I can't be bothered to untangle them
No, definitely not an option at left-back.

Those Brazilian lads are 17 aren't they? Alves is 25 now, so I don't think he's really going to block their progress too much. By the time the right-back, if good enough, is ready for a first team place Alves would be pushing 30 so I think the timing would probably be quite good.

Unread 25-05-2008, 05:40 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firswood Red
posted it on another thread about Marek Hamsik, been linked with United a few times over the past year, as have Chelsea & Liverpool. He denied any truth in him going to Liverpool though.

Can play all across Midfield and has goals in him. Has anyone seen much of him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpfjNGkhnwQ
Youtubeinho?

How old is he, where is he playing now, how big is he?

Unread 25-05-2008, 05:43 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Rafinha is a RB but has been used at CB for what it's worth.

In terms of a striker, if Berbatov doesn't come then I'm kind of expecting Ashton.
I don't get the Ashton thing. Not only has he been shite most of the times I've watched him this season, but he’s actually had the nerve to demand a pay rise in order for West Ham to retain the pleasure of indulging his shiteness again next season.

Average, with a seriously deluded opinion of himself. No £#%&!ing thanks.

Unread 25-05-2008, 05:47 PM
Whalefish

Unread 25-05-2008, 05:48 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
No, definitely not an option at left-back.

Those Brazilian lads are 17 aren't they? Alves is 25 now, so I don't think he's really going to block their progress too much. By the time the right-back, if good enough, is ready for a first team place Alves would be pushing 30 so I think the timing would probably be quite good.
I don't know much about them but was under the impression that they were primed for fast-tracking into the 1st team squad

Unread 25-05-2008, 05:52 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
I don't know much about them but was under the impression that they were primed for fast-tracking into the 1st team squad
Really? Interesting. I've only seen a little of them but I wondered what chance of them being here next season or whether they'd be loaned out. They're certainly very young and physically don't look ready for the Premiership. I'd be pleasantly surprised if we saw much of them over the next couple of years in terms of the United first team.

Unread 25-05-2008, 05:56 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
I don't get the Ashton thing. Not only has he been shite most of the times I've watched him this season, but he’s actually had the nerve to demand a pay rise in order West Ham to retain the pleasure of indulging his shiteness again next season.

Average, with a seriously deluded opinion of himself. No £#%&!ing thanks.
I think you're spot on there. He clearly has a ridiculously high opinion of himself - you can see it in the way he struts around the pitch like he's the %@#$&!s, with the moronic cockney @#%&!s singing his name, when in reality he's done nothing at all in his career so far and has, in fact, been pure shite for most of his time at West Ham.

The only time he really seemed to apply himself this season was when the world was watching, against United and Arsenal, and when Capello was there to watch him play. The rest of the time I think he's looked like he thinks he's too good for West Ham. If he had half of Carlton Cole's desire then maybe he'd be a decent player, but as it is he doesn't impress me at all.

In fact, if he played in Argentina, the fans would never let him stroll around the pitch displaying the kind of attitude that he has this season. And his car would most likely be a wreck as well.

Unread 25-05-2008, 05:57 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Really? Interesting. I've only seen a little of them but I wondered what chance of them being here next season or whether they'd be loaned out. They're certainly very young and physically don't look ready for the Premiership. I'd be pleasantly surprised if we saw much of them over the next couple of years in terms of the United first team.
this is disappointing news!

it's possible that I haven't been concentrating
Closed Thread