United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-05-2008, 01:28 PM
Bunker Buster

Can he cut it on a wet and windy night in Middlesbourgh though?

Unread 23-05-2008, 01:29 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Can he cut it on a wet and windy night in Middlesbourgh though?
Why do we apparantly never play there on a nice pleasnt afternoon?

Unread 23-05-2008, 01:31 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Why do we apparantly never play there on a nice pleasnt afternoon?
they cut our weather allocation a few years ago.

Unread 23-05-2008, 01:35 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
they cut our weather allocation a few years ago.

Unread 23-05-2008, 01:39 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scousebasher
I really like Robinho, he's been awesome for Madrid this year. To compare him to Nani is a joke. Robinho is twice the player Nani will ever be.

According to Marca the offer was £60m and Robinho. IF Ronaldo was to go, that'd soften the blow somewhat. As already stated though, he's probably to small and weak for the Premiership.
Great post

To compare him to Nani is a joke? How is it you tit? Nani has bags of potential and will be a better player than Robinho should he fulfil it. Your suggestion that Robinho is twice the player Nani will ever be is a joke if anything is.

Unread 23-05-2008, 01:40 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firswood Red
Ramos is probably the best rb around, always impressed everytime I watched him this season.
he's a beast at set pieces as well.

If there truly is anything to the stories both he & Cassillas should be nailed on. End of.

Unread 23-05-2008, 01:42 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
he's a beast at set pieces as well.

If there truly is anything to the stories both he & Cassillas should be nailed on. End of.
I cannot really see either of them leaving tbh. Madrid would be crazy to let Ramos go. He is a class act.

Unread 23-05-2008, 01:50 PM
Luffy

wouldnt swap our shiny for all their collection.

Unread 23-05-2008, 01:57 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Great post

To compare him to Nani is a joke? How is it you tit? Nani has bags of potential and will be a better player than Robinho should he fulfil it. Your suggestion that Robinho is twice the player Nani will ever be is a joke if anything is.
I'd love to be proven wrong but Nani is an idiot. You must be in the minority if you think Nani will become a better player than Robinho. Did you watch the Copa America? (golden boot & player of the torunamen) Have you seen much Spanish football lately? He got 15 goals and 18 assists this season. If Nani has similar stats in two years, I'll be very happy. Though unless he dramatically changes his game, it isn't going to happen.

Unread 23-05-2008, 02:01 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Link?
I'm not posting a pic of my hairy 'arris on here, some forumistas might be eating.

Unread 23-05-2008, 02:36 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scousebasher
I'd love to be proven wrong but Nani is an idiot. You must be in the minority if you think Nani will become a better player than Robinho. Did you watch the Copa America? (golden boot & player of the torunamen) Have you seen much Spanish football lately? He got 15 goals and 18 assists this season. If Nani has similar stats in two years, I'll be very happy. Though unless he dramatically changes his game, it isn't going to happen.
Yes I agree that he has acted the goat on a couple of occasions this season but he has much to offer in terms of potential imo. I have watched a lot of La Liga this year and have rarely been overly impressed by Robinho. I thought he was their player of the season last year but this year he has been relatively quiet in most games I have watched, especially after the turn of the year. I am quite surprised by his stats tbh, they are better than I thought. Yeah I watched the Copa America, I thought it was shite. It just seems to me that most players play in that tournament at 60-70% of their usual performance level. It doesn't strike me as that big a deal to some of the players. I think Nani has the makings of a superb footballer but I agree that he has a bit of work to do in terms of end product. I think as he matures we will see the best of him.

Unread 23-05-2008, 02:40 PM
Rhodzy

Ribenho is a good player.

Unread 23-05-2008, 02:52 PM
MrBishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Ribenho is a good player.
Sweet left foot

Unread 23-05-2008, 02:56 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
Sweet left foot
Yes he has a berry good left foot.

Unread 23-05-2008, 03:10 PM
borsuk

robinho has been a key player for real this seasons, so much so that they've had him playing half fit. when he's in the team they win, when he's been out they've struggled. i can't honestly understand how anyone can watch spanish football and not appreciate what he's done this year.

fwiw i actually thought he was a waste of money when they signed him. i doubted he'd make it and i've been proven wrong big time. having said that i really don't think the premiership would suit him at all. he's the sort of player arsenal might sign.

Unread 23-05-2008, 03:58 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
robinho has been a key player for real this seasons, so much so that they've had him playing half fit. when he's in the team they win, when he's been out they've struggled. i can't honestly understand how anyone can watch spanish football and not appreciate what he's done this year.

fwiw i actually thought he was a waste of money when they signed him. i doubted he'd make it and i've been proven wrong big time. having said that i really don't think the premiership would suit him at all. he's the sort of player arsenal might sign.
He has done nothing in the last 3 months.

Unread 23-05-2008, 04:25 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
He has done nothing in the last 3 months.
neither have madrid - they've been shocking and really limped to the title thanks to barca and villareal being worse. like i said, they've really depended on him this season and when he's not played (or been completely shattered because he's being played when not fit) they've been shit.

there was one game where he had just come back from injury and was on the bench (being saved for a cl game, roma i think). real were losing and playing absolutely shite and they threw him on. he scored two in ten minutes or so and won the game for them.

really, this season he's been fantastic. still wouldn't suit the premier league, though, or united's style.

Unread 23-05-2008, 05:03 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
still wouldn't suit the premier league, though, or united's style.
I don't see a great deal different between his style & Nani / Ronaldo's in regards to pace & trickery, he might be a bit small but he's not a mincer.

Unread 23-05-2008, 07:37 PM
Boney87

Setanta sports - £28mil fee agreed with chelsea

Unread 23-05-2008, 07:39 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boney87
Setanta sports - £28mil fee agreed with chelsea
for who?
Closed Thread