United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-01-2008, 03:02 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
sorry TT but i rate him highly and would happily have had him at OT

for the sake of argument lets say the £12 million for Huntelaar has some validity then 3 million extra for a player who gets in behind and can occupy defences on his own, is proven in this league etc is not that far of a stretch

Saha might now not be up to it, but the football we play with a striker of his style was fantastic, i saw anelka as a ready made more reliable replacement

he will certainly make a far stronger option for Chelsea when drogba is away or out and i suspect he can play off him very well or vice versa

physically ominous pairing

great signing for them i reckon
don't be sorry BB. You're entitled to your point of view even if you're wrong!

Unread 11-01-2008, 03:02 PM
carlosartorial

Huntelaar has got to be our next striker now imo.

Anelka would have been perfect, great signing for Chelsea.

Berbatov is a good player but needs to play where he wants to be most effective, we already have Rooney and Tevez both roaming around and dropping deep.

Unread 11-01-2008, 03:11 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Drogba's gone in the summer too and by next season Grant could have developed a different style of football to what has suited him thus far. That could be rubbish though because I have seen Chelsea play £#%&! all since Mourihno left.

Unread 11-01-2008, 03:13 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
don't be sorry BB. You're entitled to your point of view even if you're wrong!
nice one, might do it more often

i like berbatov too, players with that touch, time and vision would light up OT, there is a bit of the Erics about him i reckon

haven't seen enough of huntelaar

edit: i've been had!

Unread 11-01-2008, 03:52 PM
puressence

wish we had signed anelka

Unread 11-01-2008, 03:54 PM
1MUFC

You have to admit, we are all slightly peeved about it . We will have to get a grip and start singing luis saha more. Manucho>Adebayor as well.

Unread 11-01-2008, 04:03 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
nice one, might do it more often

i like berbatov too, players with that touch, time and vision would light up OT, there is a bit of the Erics about him i reckon

haven't seen enough of huntelaar

edit: i've been had!
I agree about Berbatov and the Eric thing.

Not seen that much tbh and Eric was 1992 but even so with Ronaldo, Rooney, Giggs, Anderson playing off him Berbatov could be special at United.

Not convinced Anelka is different enough to what we already have, but then I don't think we need an out and out goalscorer either. Hmmm.................

Unread 11-01-2008, 04:33 PM
Spiffy

I'm glad he's signed, you mark my words, he'll be shite.

Unread 17-04-2008, 11:11 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
I'm glad he's signed, you mark my words, he'll be shite.

How many goals does he have then?

Unread 17-04-2008, 11:21 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy

I stand by that. He's not what we needed, he wont prove to be a good signing. OK he always scores against us but I bet he doesn't score the goals in the EC semi or in big games in the Prem now they need to win. I'd much rather have Huntlaar or Drogba. Anelka = shite.

There, I said it.

Unread 17-04-2008, 11:25 AM
dodger

Quote:

How many goas does he have though? Not many is it? I've been surprised by how shite he's been actually.

Unread 17-04-2008, 12:20 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
How many goas does he have though? Not many is it? I've been surprised by how shite he's been actually.
I know. resurrecting a thread to prove someone wrong, only for them to be right. anelka has made no difference at chelsea. any improvement in their position has had nothing to do with him

(cue responses of 'he has hardly played', 'grant is playing him wrong', etc

Unread 17-04-2008, 12:30 PM
Coracao

I feel Chelsea need to change the way they play, especially if Drogba £#%&!s off.

I'd be interested to see a partnership of Le Sulk and Shevchenko tonight.

Unread 17-04-2008, 09:02 PM
Spiffy

Quote:

2 in 18 gmes and none in the last 12.

Unread 22-05-2008, 10:13 AM
Spiffy

Ahem.

Unread 22-05-2008, 10:51 AM
borsuk

Thumbs up

Unread 22-05-2008, 11:12 AM
Jack Duckworth

Unread 23-05-2008, 12:09 PM
Baron

just to compound it he's now kicking off in the French press... quelle surprise...

Quote:
Chelsea's Nicolas Anelka has voiced his discontent at being used as a winger by coach Avram Grant and insists he must play centre forward next season. "I didn't come here to play on the right or on the left," he said. (L'Equipe, 1000 BST)
From BBC gossip.

To be fair he wouldn't have kicked off had he been here as we'd have invariably used him through the middle. But still, near miss really eh.

Unread 23-05-2008, 12:12 PM
SilverSurfer

He gets even better. According to L'Equipe

The former Manchester City striker was Chelsea's fall-guy, taking the seventh and what proved to be the final penalty for the Londoners that was palmed aside by Van der Sar.

Anelka admitted he had refused to be one of the Blues' original penalty-takers.

"I was asked to take one of the first five kicks," he said.

"But I said: 'That is out of the question, I have come on basically as a right-back and you want me to take a penalty.'

Can we bestow Top Red status on him?

Unread 23-05-2008, 12:21 PM
El Calafate

still wouldn't mind him at OT. totally wasted at chelsea. glad he didn't start tbh. nft.
Closed Thread