Unread 11-01-2008, 01:28 PM
Enjoying Insanity

$$$$$$$$$$$$

Unread 11-01-2008, 01:33 PM
Harri Jaffa

snot a bad price tbh - maybe a little over but could be top notch

Unread 11-01-2008, 01:34 PM
Mr_Ed

A good buy for the Renters that... is it only me who thinks they're more of a threat than Arsenal this season?

Unread 11-01-2008, 01:35 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
A good buy for the Renters that... is it only me who thinks they're more of a threat than Arsenal this season?
nay

Unread 11-01-2008, 01:36 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Nope

Especially if there are still in touch after the ANC

Unread 11-01-2008, 01:37 PM
Enjoying Insanity

Perfect striker for us....

Viva Las Glazers

Unread 11-01-2008, 01:37 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Nope

Especially if there are still in touch after the ANC
i thought mandela was a red?

Unread 11-01-2008, 01:43 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
i thought mandela was a red?
I'll have a word...

Unread 11-01-2008, 01:52 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoying Insanity
Perfect striker for us....

Viva Las Glazers
he is quality. We won't sign anyone. Huntelaar would be a great option but i cant see us spending much if anything in January.

Unread 11-01-2008, 02:01 PM
Redhod99

Quote:
They are our main threat, depends how they do for the next few weeks without big players, Essien, Drogba and Mikel. They have played all the other big 3 away from home and not many teams win there. Still think if we get our away form sorted no-one will touch us though

Unread 11-01-2008, 02:09 PM
Tumescent Throb

Drogba is their main man. So you all reckon Anelka will feed on his long ball scraps?

And their system allows the midfield (Lampard) to run on and shoot. But that's what Anelka does best. So he'll maybe score a few of Lampard's goals and they'll be not much better off.

He's not that good anyway and £15m is way over-priced.

Unread 11-01-2008, 02:18 PM
rubbernecker

Point of Interest if you happen to be his agent

The running total of Anelka's transfer fees is now £84.8 million

Two more and he'll be the first £100 million footballer

Unread 11-01-2008, 02:34 PM
Stickman

Quote:
mgiht be ignorant - but its them im looking down at as oppossed to up at Arsenal.

Unread 11-01-2008, 02:38 PM
</forzagarza>

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
Point of Interest if you happen to be his agent

The running total of Anelka's transfer fees is now £84.8 million

Two more and he'll be the first £100 million footballer

Wrong. 84.8 + 2 = 86.8

Unread 11-01-2008, 02:42 PM
borsuk

Default not that the money matters to roman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Drogba is their main man. So you all reckon Anelka will feed on his long ball scraps?

And their system allows the midfield (Lampard) to run on and shoot. But that's what Anelka does best. So he'll maybe score a few of Lampard's goals and they'll be not much better off.

He's not that good anyway and £15m is way over-priced.
but 15m seems like a good deal for them to me. as for long ball, anelka did well enough at bolton, didn't he? he's a class player who's succeeded everywhere, if we're honest. he'll give them a lot of pace up front and his finishing is the best in the premiership imo. if he's got his head together he'll be excellent for them. can't see them keeping all of shevchenko, kalou, anelka and drogba, though.

still rather have rooney and tevez, though.

Unread 11-01-2008, 02:43 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by </forzagarza>
Wrong. 84.8 + 2 = 86.8

Unread 11-01-2008, 02:50 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
but 15m seems like a good deal for them to me. as for long ball, anelka did well enough at bolton, didn't he? he's a class player who's succeeded everywhere, if we're honest. he'll give them a lot of pace up front and his finishing is the best in the premiership imo. if he's got his head together he'll be excellent for them. can't see them keeping all of shevchenko, kalou, anelka and drogba, though.

still rather have rooney and tevez, though.
good point, but I was mainly getting at what Drogba might make of the partnership - not sure he'll relish it tbh

in fact I reckon Drogba would be a better player with United's attack buzzing about him - pity he's such a @#%&!

Anelka is a decent striker, but the jury is still out for me as to whether he has it in him to be consistently good enough at the top level. sometimes he does look class, though.

Unread 11-01-2008, 02:51 PM
1MUFC

bolton are £#%&!ed

Unread 11-01-2008, 02:55 PM
Billy Baroo

sorry TT but i rate him highly and would happily have had him at OT

for the sake of argument lets say the £12 million for Huntelaar has some validity then 3 million extra for a player who gets in behind and can occupy defences on his own, is proven in this league etc is not that far of a stretch

Saha might now not be up to it, but the football we play with a striker of his style was fantastic, i saw anelka as a ready made more reliable replacement

he will certainly make a far stronger option for Chelsea when drogba is away or out and i suspect he can play off him very well or vice versa

physically ominous pairing

great signing for them i reckon
Closed Thread