United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-05-2008, 01:42 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

I'm really missing your point on that last post throb, I've posted nothing ABU/ABF at all.

I cant be any clearer, the transfer numbers are very straight forward the glazers have had a clear-out and spent the money raised on the new players, the net spend since they arrived has averaged 8.8m per season. This is not speculation this is fact.

Eventually you get to the point where there's nothing left to clear out and i think we're pretty close to that now, it's at that point that to get quality in you need to spend a decent amount of cash without relying on players sold to fund it. This is a test the glazers have yet to pass. In the name of fairness i wont pass judgement on them yet, however we do know that the debt is growing and the global economy is facing a slowdown.

Unread 27-05-2008, 02:01 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
what £8.8m? this is a figure that you have arrived at (largely by guesswork fwiw), but it is completely and utterly irrelevant.

as for United's transfer policy, it is well known and well documented that Ferguson and Gill amongst others identify their requirements for the maintaining and improving the squad, and they have never as of yet met any resistance from the owners to that end.

as such, it is most strange, mildly ridiculous and pretty £#%&!ing pointless for someone such as yourself to attempt to portray the situation any differently.

how's your forecast of Ferguson's imminent retirement going by the way

any better than your insistance that Ronaldo may in fact be on the verge of leaving

not that you're in any way shape or form keen to keep an ABU/ABF agenda to the fore. whoops, sorry, i mean neutral and objective agenda

you're pissing into the wind, son. nobody cares for the way you present your agenda. hth.
in addition, the £8.8m figure is not merely irrelevant in itself, but despite your protests, it is guesswork - or indeed, speculation - simply because you do not know the actual figures involved in all the transfers you've bothered to list.

and I would add, what exactly has convinced you that just because you would appear not to know anything about how a squad must evolve to maintain success, that it follows that people reading your constant drivel about net spends will actually not know this either?

genuinely, i am interested to know why you're so out of touch with this concept of a successful squad. i mean, you bang on as you have on this very thread about the business side of things. yet you can't even grasp the simple dynamics of what makes a squad successful and capably positioned to drive the entire business model of the club.

a football squad will never ever reach a point where "there is nothing left to clear out". what an incredibly daft point to try and pass as fact in a thread where you're trying your hardest to sound confident in your drivel!

Unread 27-05-2008, 02:28 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Well theres a pretty big list of names of players that have been sold since 05 and to be fair most of them i dont have any problem with being let go.

But today we don't really have anywhere near those numbers of surplus players, so if we want to buy say Tevez for 15m and Huntlaar for about 12m we are going to have to come up with most of the cash from elsewhere. I understand well what you're saying about the evolution of a squad but you have to agree there isnt that same number of fringe players to sacrifice right now. I mean were at the fletcher and O'shea levels now, useful squad type players.

Of course Pique and Silvestre have been sold, so that's helps but i cant help but think that in the past a young player like Pique would have been kept and the money needed for Tevez and (say) Huntlaar would have still been made available. Thats the difference compared to today.

Unread 27-05-2008, 03:00 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
Well theres a pretty big list of names of players that have been sold since 05 and to be fair most of them i dont have any problem with being let go.

But today we don't really have anywhere near those numbers of surplus players, so if we want to buy say Tevez for 15m and Huntlaar for about 12m we are going to have to come up with most of the cash from elsewhere. I understand well what you're saying about the evolution of a squad but you have to agree there isnt that same number of fringe players to sacrifice right now. I mean were at the fletcher and O'shea levels now, useful squad type players.

Of course Pique and Silvestre have been sold, so that's helps but i cant help but think that in the past a young player like Pique would have been kept and the money needed for Tevez and (say) Huntlaar would have still been made available. Thats the difference compared to today.
Round and round and round...

Very dull.

You clearly don't understand the nature of an evolving squad at all on this evidence.

Maybe in a way you're right though. In the past we might well have locked Pique in a cupboard til his contract ran out.
Closed Thread