Unread 30-05-2008, 09:38 PM
Mark Corrigan

55k, double it i say.

Ledgend

Unread 30-05-2008, 09:44 PM
denis lawless

Unread 30-05-2008, 09:45 PM
Thiago

Fantastic news, Ronaldo and Tevez next on the hit list and that'll be contracts sorted for a few years.

I'd go as far as saying as satisfying those players is more important than actually making new additions. Don't really see anyone else on the market at their level.

Anyway, delighted for Patrice

Unread 30-05-2008, 09:46 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thiago
Fantastic news, Ronaldo and Tevez next on the hit list and that'll be contracts sorted for a few years.

I'd go as far as saying as satisfying those players is more important than actually making new additions. Don't really see anyone else on the market at their level.
Ronnie's got 4 years left hasn't he?

Unread 30-05-2008, 09:50 PM
Nero

Quote:

Anyway, delighted for Patrice
Absolutely right, I think Ronnies gone though personally.

Unread 30-05-2008, 09:50 PM
toseeunited

Thumbs up

£#%&!ing love paddy!!!!

Unread 30-05-2008, 09:52 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero
Absolutely right, I think Ronnies gone though personally.
Give us one good reason why?

Unread 30-05-2008, 09:53 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
How about a crap reason?

Madrid have lovely traffic cones.

Unread 30-05-2008, 09:59 PM
Thiago

Quote:
Ronnie's got 4 years left hasn't he?
Indeed he has but there's strong rumours he and his advisors have discussed a new one complete with full image rights. I personally think he deserves it simply based on his massive contribution to us winning trophies. It's fair to say he's our best player so he probably does deserve to be the highest paid which I believe he currently isn't, Correct me if i'm wrong.

Also rumoured to have one or two anti Real Madrid clauses in it e.g not being able to take advantage of this new FIFA rule where a player can buy out the rest of his contract when there's 2 years or less left of it and a £100m clause.

He's being a bit greedy asking for it only a year after he signed the current one but a lot of it is stimulated by his agent who are starting to have too much control over players futures but there is no denying this would suit both parties. United would probably be guaranteed Ronaldo for the best years of his footballing career and he'd be paid even more handsomely than he is now at a club where he's happy and is able to play to the best of his ability.

And when he leaves it'll be on United's terms.

Unread 30-05-2008, 09:59 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
How about a crap reason?

Madrid have lovely traffic cones.
It's £#%&!ing crazy. He is a person that needs to be loved. He has won virtually every accolade in football and hopefully he'll win the EC to cap it off. Do you think he, at 23, will think £#%&! it I've done it all now i want to play in the sun? Will he £#%&! he knows how important he is to united and he has a clear friendshp with anderson, nani and rooney that i have never seen on a pitch before. he'll be here for a few more years yet. sit back and enjoty the next 3/4 years because it's going to be special.

Unread 30-05-2008, 10:04 PM
Thiago

Quote:
Can't blame people for thinking that way, when you consider the extreme hype surrounding every little tid bit coming from the Spanish rags who are well known propaganda tools of Real Madrid and the credence the English press seem to give it when in fact it's actually less credible than the bloody Sun.

Add that to whenever Ronaldo repeats his desire to stay at United and saying he's happy goes under the radar as it doesn't suit the media's agenda.

It's absolute madness to think Ronaldo will leave United, and anyone who understand how Madrid and the Spanish press work will understand it's all just hot air.

Unread 30-05-2008, 10:06 PM
believe

Wasn't Giggs going to Italy for about 6 years?

Unread 30-05-2008, 10:07 PM
Camel

Quote:
It's fair to say he's our best player so he probably does deserve to be the highest paid which I believe he currently isn't, Correct me if i'm wrong.
i think he's joint top earner on 120k with rio.

great news about evra

Unread 30-05-2008, 10:09 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Because the forums closing.

Unread 30-05-2008, 10:11 PM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Because the forums closing.
REALLY? when was this announced?

Unread 30-05-2008, 10:12 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel
REALLY? when was this announced?
a few weeks ago. personally i think the starter of this wum should be banned for life.

Unread 30-05-2008, 10:14 PM
Camel

Quote:
a few weeks ago. personally i think the starter of this wum should be banned for life.
funny i'm sure i'd have read about it. seems like sloppy is the wummer

Unread 30-05-2008, 10:23 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel
funny i'm sure i'd have read about it. seems like sloppy is the wummer
i thought it was armchair
Closed Thread