Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Young
Herrera
Sanchez
Di Maria
Lukaku
Memphis

Could all be playing in European finals this season.

We paid about £221m for them and sold them for less than £150m.
And not one of them was a wrong call.

Unread 19-08-2020, 08:40 AM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Young
Herrera
Sanchez
Di Maria
Lukaku
Memphis

Could all be playing in European finals this season.

We paid about £221m for them and sold them for less than £150m.
The only way is down when you leave United, just ask Pique.

Unread 19-08-2020, 09:35 AM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
As mediocre as mediocre gets.
He really wasn't and given the period we essentially had Matic and Fred as our midfield squad earlier this season he might have been handy to keep around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
And not one of them was a wrong call.
I'd have kept Herrera and Depay was written off too young, should have been sent out on loan to rebuild his confidence, vanishingly few players are the finished article at 23 especially when they've been given fewer League starts than Josh Harrop and Demetri Mitchell by Mourinho.

Daley Blind is another one, given our need for holding midfield cover, I don't understand why he was let go.

I've no problem with the majority of names on that list but we have made mistakes.

Unread 19-08-2020, 09:47 AM
Patty_b

Herrera has missed 21 games this season for PSG through injury, and it would have been more if it wasn't for the lockdown. Spent a total of about 18.5 weeks on the sidelines.

Didn't he want about 200k per week? £3.7 million while injured for a half decent player.

No thanks. Glad we got rid.

Unread 19-08-2020, 09:57 AM
Cream

my word.

Unread 19-08-2020, 10:08 AM
originalhogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Wonderful this, just wish some of the pundits would say it about City instead of thawning all over them

Unread 19-08-2020, 10:21 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhogg
Wonderful this, just wish some of the pundits would say it about City instead of thawning all over them

Unread 19-08-2020, 10:26 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
He really wasn't and given the period we essentially had Matic and Fred as our midfield squad earlier this season he might have been handy to keep around.

I'd have kept Herrera and Depay was written off too young, should have been sent out on loan to rebuild his confidence, vanishingly few players are the finished article at 23 especially when they've been given fewer League starts than Josh Harrop and Demetri Mitchell by Mourinho.

Daley Blind is another one, given our need for holding midfield cover, I don't understand why he was let go.

I've no problem with the majority of names on that list but we have made mistakes.
I’m not sure sending Depay on loan would have worked for him tbh. Would have been Absolute embarrassment for the lad.

Unread 19-08-2020, 10:53 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen

Herrera staying wasn't an issue, but just giving bumper new contracts to undeserving players was. We were right to not go down that route. Admittedly, we haven't always done that (Jones, Smalling etc).

We either gave him a big contract and end up with a player the wrong side of 30 who we can't shift or cut our losses.

Depay is perhaps the one you argue might have got a raw deal, but he wasnt doing well and didnt look interested. He looked finished. I'm glad he's doing well now, but I'm not entirely convinced. In short, i wouldn't want him back. Same with Lukaku.

As many often point out, Blind could have been one to stay, but not under the regime that sold him. He wasn't without his flaws.

There's the occasional sense of what could have been with some of them, but I never feel we miss a trick with any of them.

Unread 19-08-2020, 11:50 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Richie Sadlier is one of the best pundits out there

No bullshit
Just tells it how it is

Unread 19-08-2020, 11:51 AM
Red Santos

I would've kept Young (squad player) and Smalling. Replaced Lukaku with proper quality.

the rest i dont really care about

Going back to Mourinho's regime I would've kept Blind. A much better defender and all round footballer than Lindelof.

Unread 19-08-2020, 11:53 AM
ZiggyStardust

The only one of them who I’d be remotely arsed about having in the team based on his quality is Di Maria but he’s a rat faced bastard so £#%&! him

Unread 19-08-2020, 12:05 PM
guerreiro

Naglesmann’s suit was hilariously German, suprised there’s not been more made of it

Unread 19-08-2020, 12:28 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Santos
I would've kept Young (squad player) and Smalling. Replaced Lukaku with proper quality.

the rest i dont really care about

Going back to Mourinho's regime I would've kept Blind. A much better defender and all round footballer than Lindelof.
I liked Blind, but as a defensive pairing with Slab?!!!

Unread 19-08-2020, 12:41 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
The only one of them who I’d be remotely arsed about having in the team based on his quality is Di Maria but he’s a rat faced bastard so f*** him
In a nutshell, this.

Wouldn’t have any of them back tbh including him.

Unread 19-08-2020, 01:07 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Herrera has missed 21 games this season for PSG through injury, and it would have been more if it wasn't for the lockdown. Spent a total of about 18.5 weeks on the sidelines.

Didn't he want about 200k per week? £3.7 million while injured for a half decent player.

No thanks. Glad we got rid.
Pogba just missed 3/4 of our season pretending to be injured and then couldn't help us beat Seville.

Herrera just helped PSG get into their first ever CL final. Committed players like Herrera dont really compare to the footballing titans we have in midfield though.

Unread 19-08-2020, 01:12 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Pogba just missed 3/4 of our season pretending to be injured and then couldn't help us beat Seville.

Herrera just helped PSG get into their first ever CL final. Committed players like Herrera dont really compare to the footballing titans we have in midfield though.
True, but I'd also get rid of Pogba in a heartbeat as well. Hopefully PSG make an offer so he and Herrera can steal a living together.

Unread 19-08-2020, 01:50 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Naglesmann’s suit was hilariously German, suprised there’s not been more made of it
Story of the night for me.

The poor fit, the stretchy material, the vile pattern, the shirt and tie combo. It lacked everything.

Not to mention he’s a 32 yr old man trapped inside a pudgy 12 yr old’s body. Saville Row’s finest would throw up their hands and direct him straight to the comfort fit section of M&S.

*Half mast pants, sockless in blue suede loafers.
Closed Thread