United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-01-2008, 12:52 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Depends what you mean by settle?!

Personally, I think settling means getting used to the country, the climate, the language, the players around you, the style of play of your own team and the opposition, the pace, the physical elements - everything that's different
exactly so why go into development talk?

some experts said it would takes years for anderson to settle in to the premiership.

nothing was mentioned on development. it was about settling in as if to say the premiership is some sort of tough league which will eat him up.
the special young players dont need that year. and their talent means they will stand out as special from day one.(torres and ronaldo didnt)

Quote:
As for development, that comes as a result of settling. Once the two of them have combatted all of the above we will see the best of them. That usually (not always, usually) takes about a year or two and this remains the case for them.
They were always going to contribute to us this season.
that is a lovely paragraph but very irrelevant into the point i was making and you know this.

Unread 31-01-2008, 12:59 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
exactly so why go into development talk?

some experts said it would takes years for anderson to settle in to the premiership.

nothing was mentioned on development. it was about settling in as if to say the premiership is some sort of tough league which will eat him up.
the special young players dont need that year. and their talent means they will stand out as special from day one.(torres and ronaldo didnt)

that is a lovely paragraph but very irrelevant into the point i was making and you know this.
Not really. I'm still not sure what your point is and wasn't when you made it in the summer either.

You accuse me of going on a bit so I'l strip it down to nuts and bolts.
- Nani and Anderson were always going to have an impact on this season. It was just a case of how much depending on how they settled
- They are still in the process of settling: Neither speaks English, Anderson misplaces passes because he's not always on same wavelength as teammates. Anderson waves imaginary cards and gets booked. Anderson can fade in and out of games a little, especially late on if he's started.
- Nani: Goes down too easily, can't handle the physical nature. Fades in and out of games.

See, I think we're not too far away from actually agreeing with each other. You say that they don't need time to make an impact? No, they are good enough to have an impact straight away. Great players will always do that. However, once they get rid of the settling gremlins I've pointed out they'll be even better and at a level we have paid the money for.

They've had an impact, but they are STILL settling in.

Unread 31-01-2008, 01:00 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
Ronaldo , Rooney, Tevez etc?

At this rate he will, I have not seen anything like him. Hes 19 and came into a new country, culture, league and a club as big as United and been one of our best players, So consistent aswell, which is something we never saw with Ronaldo and Rooney when they were 18.
is it the half term holidays again?

Unread 31-01-2008, 01:31 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Ronaldo , Rooney, Tevez etc?

At this rate he will, I have not seen anything like him. Hes 19 and came into a new country, culture, league and a club as big as United and been one of our best players, So consistent aswell, which is something we never saw with Ronaldo and Rooney when they were 18.
What a ridiculous statement.

Unread 31-01-2008, 03:03 PM
Darth Vidic

Quote:
Ronaldo didn't stand out as special from the start??!

Unread 31-01-2008, 03:14 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Even Ronaldo didn't settle as quickly as Anderson. I've never seen anybody come from nowhere and look so accomplished so quickly.
I think the key to the way he has settled and his performances is that he seems to have focused on just getting the basics of the game spot on rather than coming straight in and attempting to play his natural attacking game. Seems to have worked a treat as well.

Jesus you can't half tell when Vio is remotely right about something as he never shuts the £#%&! up about it.

Unread 31-01-2008, 03:15 PM
antonin jablonsky

I see vio's back to his worst, creating a needless argument where there is none.

Unread 31-01-2008, 04:12 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I see vio's back to his worst, creating a needless argument where there is none.
No he isn't

Unread 31-01-2008, 04:14 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
just leave him.

he is probably just abit sore.

Unread 31-01-2008, 05:46 PM
legendary saf

Unread 31-01-2008, 05:48 PM
Rhodzy

Love his grin towards the crowd.

Unread 31-01-2008, 06:19 PM
rebelcountyred

i think that anderson has the potential to be one of the united greats, if he keeps his feet on the floor and concentrates on his football he will be amazing.

Unread 31-01-2008, 07:08 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
How the £#%&! did he get to that ball before James and Pamarot? Absolutely phenomenal.

Unread 31-01-2008, 07:16 PM
Sparky***

From the moment I saw him playing his first game I thought 'hold on, this lad looks the genuine article'. He is purring along at a nice pace right now. Judging by how quick he's adjusting so far, by next season he should be much more comfortable and we'll start seeing those mazy runs and outrageous skills a bit more.

He'll should replace scholes in the next 2 years as our best midfield player. If he fulfills his potential though, i think we could be looking at the best midfielder in the world.

Unread 01-02-2008, 07:51 PM
legendary saf

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky6899
From the moment I saw him playing his first game I thought 'hold on, this lad looks the genuine article'. He is purring along at a nice pace right now. Judging by how quick he's adjusting so far, by next season he should be much more comfortable and we'll start seeing those mazy runs and outrageous skills a bit more.

He'll should replace scholes in the next 2 years as our best midfield player. If he fulfills his potential though, i think we could be looking at the best midfielder in the world.
100% agree.

Unread 01-02-2008, 08:06 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
What a ridiculous statement.
There's nothing ridiculous about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
How the £#%&! did he get to that ball before James and Pamarot? Absolutely phenomenal.
He rarely bursts forward, so I think he sunrises opponents with his pase. There was a game recently at OT, where he even beat Evra (who was bombing it down the flank) to a loose ball, despite starting a few yards behind him. Amazing stuff.

He's been a little quiet the last few games, but put in an excellent shift against Pompey.

Unread 01-02-2008, 09:17 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
There's nothing ridiculous about it
There's nothing ridiculous about saying Anderson is probably going to be a better player than Ronaldo, after half a season? Right.

Unread 01-02-2008, 09:23 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
There's nothing ridiculous about saying Anderson is probably going to be a better player than Ronaldo, after half a season? Right.
No. A bit optimistic perhaps, but that's all.

Unread 01-02-2008, 11:40 PM
n48

Quote:
that was coming on as a sub though in the 87th or so minute against a slow defence at the best of times.
Closed Thread