United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 16-04-2024, 08:52 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post
A far more successful manager than Erik unless you count Erik winning the Dutch equivalent of the Scottish prem with rangers or Celtic.

Tactically revered, has turned Villa from a relegation side to top 4 in 18 months. In the same period, Erik has turned us from a top 4 team to a mid table team struggling against Brentford and Bournemouth.

At this point, would take him in a heart beat. Genuinely.
That's great mate... Appreciate your opinion.

Unread 16-04-2024, 09:35 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
That's great mate... Appreciate your opinion.
Bunks, give us 5 performance related positives about EtH which we should make us all clamour for him to stay. Nothing to do with the owners - just the positives about how we play etc.

Unread 16-04-2024, 09:48 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
Bunks, give us 5 performance related positives about EtH which we should make us all clamour for him to stay. Nothing to do with the owners - just the positives about how we play etc.
Is this my £#%&!ing mid year appraisal ? I can lead you to water, I can't make you drink....

If you haven't enjoyed the shut up shop at Anfield, the fa cup last minute winner, the box crasher come backs, the garnacho over head kick, beating those bastard Geordies at Wembley, the promotion and faith in youth, etc etcetera....

Then I can't help you....

You were close only 7 months ago, you had his back....

Quote:
. Finishing position - 2nd
Champions League exit / finish - Quarters
Highest scorer - Hojlund
Best signing - Onana
Biggest first team flop - Martial
Carling cup - out early
Fa cup - win
Shock of the season - no serious injuries in the first 2 months
The AntiEtH-ultra really did a number on you....

Keep the faith, naaaah bin it....

Unread 16-04-2024, 09:55 AM
NedKelly

We knew that any manager who attempted to provide a cultural reboot, who tried to raise the standards and maintain them, would meet with resistance in the dressing room. This was accepted unanimously on here when Ole got the sack - even Rangnick, who Is held in high regard by some on here, said as much in his inspirational press conferences.

Sure enough, exactly that happens, and what do you chumps do? You blame the manager.

You deserve everything you get.

Unread 16-04-2024, 10:00 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
We knew that any manager who attempted to provide a cultural reboot, who tried to raise the standards and maintain them, would meet with resistance in the dressing room. This was accepted unanimously on here when Ole got the sack - even Rangnick, who Is held in high regard by some on here, said as much in his inspirational press conferences.

Sure enough, exactly that happens, and what do you chumps do? You blame the manager.

But If Erik gets a reprieve , he’ll be the first manager to get the club’s support

Unread 16-04-2024, 10:01 AM
believe

Quote:

Which one is it though? Bunks says there have been loads of amazing moments on the pitch so were the players just up for it in them games but decided to not be on board for certain games?

Unread 16-04-2024, 10:04 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post
Which one is it though? Bunks says there have been loads of amazing moments on the pitch so were the players just up for it in them games but decided to not be on board for certain games?
It's a process and ever single one of you have dropped him after 7 months.....

No one is denying there's been some awful displays this season, he's not above blame, but if you can't see the problems he's had out of his control this season then I'm not sure what you watch....

66 injuries
35 different back 4's
Insubordination from his winger and striker
Etc etcetera

Unread 16-04-2024, 10:10 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:

No one is denying there's been some awful displays this season, he's not above blame, but if you can't see the problems he's had out of his control this season then I'm not sure what you watch....

66 injuries
35 different back 4's
Etc etcetera
Not sure which one you’re leaving out : Rashford, Sancho or Martial?

Unread 16-04-2024, 10:19 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Is this my £#%&!ing mid year appraisal ? I can lead you to water, I can't make you drink....

If you haven't enjoyed the shut up shop at Anfield, the fa cup last minute winner, the box crasher come backs, the garnacho over head kick, beating those bastard Geordies at Wembley, the promotion and faith in youth, etc etcetera....

Then I can't help you....

You were close only 7 months ago, you had his back....

The AntiEtH-ultra really did a number on you....

Keep the faith, naaaah bin it....
And I really wanted the guy to succeed, I like him.

But this season has been disgusting. We've been 90% unwatchable. We've had some great moments in games, then we've been absolutely £#%&! again in the next.

How can that team not pass a ball or let teams wander through at will? We beat Luton but (like most teams we play) if they took their chances, it'd have been a humiliation. It's just not United.

Unread 16-04-2024, 10:35 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Efficiency, turnover, profitability. Streamlining the whole ongoing enterprise..

Unread 16-04-2024, 10:36 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

But this season has been disgusting. We've been 90% unwatchable. We've had some great moments in games, then we've been absolutely £#%&! again in the next.

How can that team not pass a ball or let teams wander through at will? We beat Luton but (like most teams we play) if they took their chances, it'd have been a humiliation. It's just not United.
You gave him 7 months....

Made your bed ..

Unread 16-04-2024, 10:42 AM
Coracao

Quote:

10% watchable is pretty generous.

Unread 16-04-2024, 10:51 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
You gave him 7 months....

Made your bed ..
How long have I been asleep? Thought he started 2022…

Unread 16-04-2024, 10:52 AM
marlo

they say anything about ETH getting the best out of what he has got….

We are gonna finish about 8/9th ffs

Unread 16-04-2024, 10:53 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:

Quote:

66 injuries
35 different back 4's
Etc etcetera

I feel like a Farmfoods Ethers on this issue, tbh.

Unread 16-04-2024, 11:07 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic View Post
How long have I been asleep? Thought he started 2022…

They were magics predictions for this season, there's a fair few outers' posting big things pre season but now have turned on their manager ...

It's interesting to read / see ..

Our league position relates directly to the injuries and changes he's been FORCED to make ..

We had an 18 year old centre back getting turned inside out for both goals at the weekend ... Do we give that lad time or get rid ?

Where did patience and hard times make hard people go ?

In 7 months...

Unread 16-04-2024, 11:16 AM
Zorg

It's been absolutely abysmal this season but I want him to get one more. At some point we need to stick with it instead of constantly chopping and changing.

Although I suspect he's been told he's off tbh.

Unread 16-04-2024, 11:17 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
It's been absolutely abysmal this season but I want him to get one more. At some point we need to stick with it instead of constantly chopping and changing.

Although I suspect he's been told he's off tbh.
I concur

Unread 16-04-2024, 11:19 AM
jem

Quote:

that's a bit simplistic, nedders.

everyone blames city cheating, the glazers, the players, bad luck and the manager. they all need changing.

Unread 16-04-2024, 11:20 AM
The taste of...

Quote:

This… well in Nedward

I can’t stop laughing at the posts that moan on and on that Manchester United FC struggle against Bournemouth or Brighton….clubs that have had a philosophy and buying strategy for years….. that new coaches walk into and run with, squads that are physically suited to PL demands with players that aren’t laughingly brushed off the ball and out of possession

I’d swap our squad for theirs tomorrow…. Only Lisandro Mainoo Rasmus and poss Bruno for effort and Kamblwala would survive. Aint seen enough of Mount. The rest….. where they aren’t £#%&!ing @#%&!… are too lightweight.

It’s been said plenty times how it’s a squad four different types of Manager built. Now he’s had to try and polish the turd for two seasons.

They have definitely downed tools…. They know they couldn’t down tools in the Vermin games and look what happened….. you can’t be determined one week and not the next like has just been seen

I would rather take another season of Erik grafting to sort it than let player power fester on. If Erik does go then Ratcliffe will get more respect if the likes of Rashford and Sancho are not just shown the door but are publicly humiliated for their antics at the exact same time