United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 06-06-2023, 08:14 AM
Dr Stranger

I like signings like this: potential, but a bit of experience in a top league. Buy them before they explode and end up costing £100m plus.

Goals count doenst bother me. You’re buying potential. You only need to look at Garnacho to know he’s going to be a star, but you wouldn’t buy him based off 6 goals or whatever he’s got.

Unread 06-06-2023, 08:34 AM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I like signings like this: potential, but a bit of experience in a top league. Buy them before they explode and end up costing £100m plus.

Goals count doenst bother me. You’re buying potential. You only need to look at Garnacho to know he’s going to be a star, but you wouldn’t buy him based off 6 goals or whatever he’s got.
Yeah agree, much rather this type of player than a Lukaku or an ageing Cavani/Falcao/Alexis. Kane would be the exception to that I guess as we just know he’ll turn up and bang.

What happened to the lad at Salzburg that we were hot on last year? Scored the worldie in pre season against the scousers.

Unread 06-06-2023, 08:40 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
Yeah agree, much rather this type of player than a Lukaku or an ageing Cavani/Falcao/Alexis. Kane would be the exception to that I guess as we just know he’ll turn up and bang.

What happened to the lad at Salzburg that we were hot on last year? Scored the worldie in pre season against the scousers.
I don’t think Kane will happen. We needed takeover £#%&! you money for that.

Sesko Signed a pre contract agreement with Liepzig. Joins this summer, I think.

Unread 06-06-2023, 08:49 AM
dunk

Quote:
I don’t think Kane will happen. We needed takeover £#%&! you money for that.

Sesko Signed a pre contract agreement with Liepzig. Joins this summer, I think.
Yep.

We should be buying this lad regardless of whether we can get Kane or not imo.

Unread 06-06-2023, 09:15 AM
Dr Stranger

Monitoring, considering and weighing up are done. Now, we ramp

Unread 06-06-2023, 09:27 AM
silv

Unread 06-06-2023, 09:44 AM
suedeshoes

Quote:
I like signings like this: potential, but a bit of experience in a top league. Goals count doenst bother me. You’re buying potential.
Shearer scored 23 in 118 for Southampton. Awful numbers.

Unread 06-06-2023, 09:48 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Shearer scored 23 in 118 for Southampton. Awful numbers.
Exactly.

Side point: Kane should be chasing those extra 23 goals too. Sky pretending they didn’t happen because they were before 1992.

Unread 06-06-2023, 09:49 AM
dunk

Quote:
Exactly.

Side point: Kane should be chasing those extra 23 goals too. Sky pretending they didn’t happen because they were before 1992.
A very fair point.

Unread 06-06-2023, 09:58 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Exactly.

That wouldn't make sense as it's a "PL" record Kane is chasing

Greaves holds the top flight record with 357 goals and nobody is ever catching that

Unread 06-06-2023, 10:12 AM
shenwen

Trust your eyes and not the stats. Anyone watching them videos and concluding he hasn’t scored enough goals yet need their heads (eyes) testing.

This kid has huge potential for less that we paid for fred. Sign him up.

Unread 06-06-2023, 10:30 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
https://twitter.com/centredevils/sta...aSbh7vgQsN2lEQ

Monitoring, considering and weighing up are done. Now, we ramp
Still waiting for the annual “war chest “ report

Unread 06-06-2023, 10:58 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
That wouldn't make sense as it's a "PL" record Kane is chasing

Greaves holds the top flight record with 357 goals and nobody is ever catching that
It’s a continuation of the same thing though. He seems to be the only player whose goals are separated the inception of the premier league. They should at least acknowledge it. It’s always 260 goals. No acknowledgment that’s there’s more top flight goals for another team.

Unread 06-06-2023, 11:09 AM
The taste of...

I’m in

Face like a Harry Enfield character too so an absolute piss boiling bonus

Unread 06-06-2023, 11:26 AM
jem

he's a bit short by fred standards, but... ah, what the hell.... I'm in. him and kane.

Unread 06-06-2023, 11:28 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
he's a bit short by fred standards, but... ah, what the hell.... I'm in. him and kane.
If tall = Weghorst then tall can get £#%&!ed.

I'm in.

Unread 06-06-2023, 11:37 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
If tall = Weghorst then tall can get £#%&!ed.
weghorst must be the worst tall person in the air ever. it's almost impossible to be that bad without actually trying.

Unread 07-06-2023, 11:07 AM
atticusgrinch

Fast, tall, can play with his back to goal and actually challenge for and hold the ball up, got a striker's instinct in the box, can pass and dribble, man united fan... £45m...

We'd be mad not to buy this kid.

Unread 07-06-2023, 11:38 AM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Fast, tall, can play with his back to goal and actually challenge for and hold the ball up, got a striker's instinct in the box, can pass and dribble, man united fan... £45m...

Not often we agree, but you’re absolutely spot on there.

Unread 07-06-2023, 12:26 PM
goldfinger II

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch

"Tall and tan and young and lovely
The boy from Copenhagen goes scoring
And when he scores, each one he scores
Goes...." naaah.