United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-06-2012, 11:31 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Playing for England shows he's not good enough for United? Where the £#%&! does that leave Rooney? Ship the ugly @#%&! off to the reserves or bury
If we could guarantee a replacement, I'd sell Rooney in a heartbeat.

Unread 26-06-2012, 11:34 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Anybody else, maybe, he's just not good enough to generate that kind of response. He doesn't fit at United and should be got rid of as soon as possible. We should be trying to lure Spurs into a deal for Bale involving Young going the other way. Perfect Spurs player is Young.
Bale is overrated imo.

Unread 26-06-2012, 11:40 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Bale is overrated imo.
He is, but he's left footed and will eventually be a LB

Unread 26-06-2012, 11:44 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He is, but he's left footed and will eventually be a LB
Possibly. I didn't mean Young was better than him btw, I just think Bale is overrated.

Not sure we need an out and out left footed left winger. We just need a creative player that we have got in Kagawa. Hopefully we will sign another midfielder who plays deeper but can create. Can't see a Modric deal happening. By the looks of it we have been scouting £10-15m type midfielders, Strootman, Asamoah have been linked, although I Asamoah has gone to Juve hasn't he?

Personally I'd sign Strootman if we can't get Modric. I have barely seen him play but I like the idea of having a Dutchman in the team, he would fit right in and wouldn't be a @#%&! at Anfield like most of our team.

Unread 26-06-2012, 11:44 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Possibly. I didn't mean Young was better than him btw, I just think Bale is overrated.

Not sure we need an out and out left footed left winger. We just need a creative player that we have got in Kagawa. Hopefully we will sign another midfielder who plays deeper but can create. Can't see a Modric deal happening. By the looks of it we have been scouting £10-15m type midfielders, Strootman, Asamoah have been linked, although I Asamoah has gone to Juve hasn't he?

Personally I'd sign Strootman if we can't get Modric. I have barely seen him play but I like the idea of having a Dutchman in the team, he would fit right in and wouldn't be a @#%&! at Anfield like most of our team.
Hames!

Unread 26-06-2012, 11:46 AM
tetrisblock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Playing for England shows he's not good enough for United? Where the £#%&! does that leave Rooney? Ship the ugly @#%&! off to the reserves or bury
Don't mean to hammer home the point, but young was played in the same position as he is for United, yet rarely looked for the ball, was sloppy in possession. Whenever he did get to the byline, he waited for Cole on the outside to overlap, slowing down the attacks. This allowed him to cut inside (robbenesque) and predictably deliver no final ball or shot on target.

Having one trick and being predictable is fine if you can deliver with it, ala Valencia. Young doesn't even do this!

With regards to Rooney, I agree with Dunk. If the funds would go to a replacement then( not likely), I would say sell him. The state of Rooney having not played a match in one month was crazy. He'll have a big drop off in performances in the next few years. I acknowledge his goal contribution to united is excellent, but he is at his peak value, while his abilities are dwindling! Being our highest paid player by far and not delivering the required performances in the past would see Froggie kick said player out!

Unread 26-06-2012, 11:48 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetrisblock
Don't mean to hammer home the point, but young was played in the same position as he is for United, yet rarely looked for the ball, was sloppy in possession. Whenever he did get to the byline, he waited for Cole on the outside to overlap, slowing down the attacks. This allowed him to cut inside (robbenesque) and predictably deliver no final ball or shot on target.

Having one trick and being predictable is fine if you can deliver with it, ala Valencia. Young doesn't even do this!

With regards to Rooney, I agree with Dunk. If the funds would go to a replacement then( not likely), I would say sell him. The state of Rooney having not played a match in one month was crazy. He'll have a big drop off in performances in the next few years. I acknowledge his goal contribution to united is excellent, but he is at his peak value, while his abilities are dwindling! Being our highest paid player by far and not delivering the required performances in the past would see Froggie kick said player out!
Are you sure? If Valencia gets tackled by the full back once he spends the rest of the game passing to Carrick.

Unread 26-06-2012, 11:52 AM
Ethers

Young is shit. He's done £#%&! all at United, I don't see why people should get behind him just because he's done £#%&! all for England too.

Hopefully he pulls his finger out and proves me wrong, but I think the pea headed little wimp will just have another average season with a few nice goals to kid people that he's done well.

£#%&!ing hate him tbf.

Unread 26-06-2012, 11:54 AM
MUFC One Love

You bunch of £#%&!ohs.

Unread 26-06-2012, 11:55 AM
carlosartorial

Thumbs up

I can't wait for Anderson to go so I can hate Ashley Young the most.

Unread 26-06-2012, 11:55 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial

Unread 26-06-2012, 11:57 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Anderson is staying, Fergie's giving him "one last chance".

Ruined your day haven't I.

Unread 26-06-2012, 11:58 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky

Really? What a £#%&!ing idiot.

Unread 26-06-2012, 11:58 AM
tetrisblock

Quote:
Are you sure? If Valencia gets tackled by the full back once he spends the rest of the game passing to Carrick.
Ya Valencia has bad games for us, it is crazy how he goes into his shell in some games, when he can easily beat his man, but at least he keeps possession. Yet he is the best crosser of the ball at the club, how often have you watched him get to the byline and pick out the right kind of ball, whether it's a floater to the back post or a ball smashed across the box. Compare that to Nani, who is the opposite more likely to do the wrong thing altogether!

Unread 26-06-2012, 12:01 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
Young is shit. He's done £#%&! all at United, I don't see why people should get behind him just because he's done £#%&! all for England too.

Hopefully he pulls his finger out and proves me wrong, but I think the pea headed little wimp will just have another average season with a few nice goals to kid people that he's done well.

£#%&!ing hate him tbf.
In a nutshell. I've always hated him, he's scored a few belters and you can't deny he's got a cracking right foot sometimes, but it's not enough. He should've been allowed to join the dippers, that's his level.

Unread 26-06-2012, 12:04 PM
Zorg

Quote:

Unread 26-06-2012, 12:05 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Yup, they've had a sit down and Fergie is convinced he's now willing to knuckle down and become the player up to 3 people think he can be.

Unread 26-06-2012, 12:07 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Yup, they've had a sit down and Fergie is convinced he's now willing to knuckle down and become the player up to 3 people think he can be.

dunk

Does anyone have any faith in Anderson or Cleverley being sufficiently fit at any point next season? I £#%&!ing don't. They are worse than Hargreaves, at least we all knew he was £#%&!ed and why.

Tumescent Throb

Thumbs up

Quote:
Really? What a £#%&!ing idiot.
harsh but fair
Closed Thread