Unread 11-01-2017, 08:47 AM
TheFatGoth

Default Luke Shaw

Unread 11-01-2017, 09:15 AM
Zorg

Up my arse, second shelf.

Unread 11-01-2017, 09:18 AM
elephantstone

he will be gone in the summer. He must have done something really pissy to £#%&! Jose off so much.

Unread 11-01-2017, 09:20 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
he will be gone in the summer. He must have done something really pissy to £#%&! Jose off so much.
Nah, he's a bit of a soft #@&%! but circumstance has conspired to £#%&! him over.

He'll sack up & once his head is right with his physical condition etc, destined to be our left back for a decade. Could definitely do with improving his final ball, but that only tends to arrive in a full-backs mid-20's.

Unread 11-01-2017, 09:25 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Nah, he's a bit of a soft #@&%! but circumstance has conspired to £#%&! him over.

He'll sack up & once his head is right with his physical condition etc, destined to be our left back for a decade. Could definitely do with improving his final ball, but that only tends to arrive in a full-backs mid-20's.
I hope you're right, he's a quality player who could go on to be among the very best in his position in the world, imho.

Alongside making a full 'holistic' recovery from his horrible leg break, the one thing that concerns me is a clash of egos between him and Jose.

Hope he stays

Unread 11-01-2017, 09:32 AM
dunk

The season after a long term injury can often be blighted by little injuries and niggles as the body readjusts. He's obviously a bit sensitive to such things, but once they get him fit and confident he'll be fine. Changing manager halfway through the injury probably hasn't helped him as he's lost a bit of sympathy.

Unread 11-01-2017, 09:33 AM
thatsfuctit

He and Memphis looked decent up the left until Shaw's injury..

Would be great to see both of them back and firing like that.

Unread 11-01-2017, 09:56 AM
Stickman

Would be a real shame if he weren't to succeed especially given how good he looked early last season pre injury. His performance in Martials debut v Liverpool was almost Evra levels of dominance.

I have a bad feeling about him though, recall reading something from one of the Southampton youth coaches a coupe years back in one of the broadsheets and he seemed to be concerned about his mentality for better want of term, mentioned that you needed to create special circumstances for him to perform. Mourinho obviously doesn't think too highly of him either.....

Unread 11-01-2017, 10:05 AM
ZiggyStardust

He needs to stop acting like he's at college and get serious starting with telling his mates to find their own place and stop paying them for answering his text messages or whatever

Unread 11-01-2017, 10:06 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Would be a real shame if he weren't to succeed especially given how good he looked early last season pre injury. His performance in Martials debut v Liverpool was almost Evra levels of dominance.

I have a bad feeling about him though, recall reading something from one of the Southampton youth coaches a coupe years back in one of the broadsheets and he seemed to be concerned about his mentality for better want of term, mentioned that you needed to create special circumstances for him to perform. Mourinho obviously doesn't think too highly of him either.....
He's a bit of a soft bastard apparently- any little niggle and he's out. Jose will toughen him up tho', or does his best to at least.

Unread 11-01-2017, 10:11 AM
AK14

He looked fat (for a professional athelete) at the start of the season and I think that pissed Jose off. He's always looked like a porker since he's been here, but looked ridiculous at the start of the season, that Watford game he resembled a darts player more than a footballer

You have to question is professionalism if he can't stay to certain % body fat that the club expect him to be. Sad really because he has all the attributes to be a top player

I think he'll be gone by this time next year, hope I'm wrong and he pulls his finger out and catches a break.

Unread 11-01-2017, 10:13 AM
Tumescent Throb

lost his bottle. will sooner or later he'll just get back into it, but it takes time.

Unread 11-01-2017, 10:20 AM
Sizlack

Turned Chelsea down for us while JM was there, despite being a Chelsea fan and numerous meetings/visits. Don't know whether Jose is the type to bear a grudge

Unread 11-01-2017, 11:13 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
He needs to stop acting like he's at college and get serious starting with telling his mates to find their own place and stop paying them for answering his text messages or whatever
His mates don't live with him anymore I don't think. He has a Mrs now.

Unread 11-01-2017, 12:47 PM
LFOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
He and Memphis looked decent up the left until Shaw's injury..

Would be great to see both of them back and firing like that.
what match was that? both have been disappointing and that's putting it mildly. the young man needs to sort his head out , but depay is a gonner.

Unread 11-01-2017, 12:50 PM
BobJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
His mates don't live with him anymore I don't think. He has a Mrs now.

Unread 11-01-2017, 01:18 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones
So does Sturridge

Unread 11-01-2017, 02:44 PM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
I hope you're right, he's a quality player who could go on to be among the very best in his position in the world, imho.

Alongside making a full 'holistic' recovery from his horrible leg break, the one thing that concerns me is a clash of egos between him and Jose.

Hope he stays
He should know his place, Jose is the big dog. His form was superb just before the leg break, I just hope he reaches those heights again.

Unread 11-01-2017, 02:45 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones
not even joking, good lad is luke!

Unread 11-01-2017, 02:52 PM
suffolkred

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone

Can't help but think Jose still hold a grudge about his wage demands when he could've joined Chelsea but chose us instead.
Closed Thread