United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic
Closed Thread

Unread 29-03-2007, 08:20 PM
celtbion

Default Keeping in touch with an ex

What are the rules in this respect?

I am recently broken up (2 weeks) & left well enough alone until y'day when I exchanged pleasantries. Seemed grand but she got on again now this evening and is bothered by my response.

Is a tricky one isn't it? Ya don't want to be confusing yourself or herself but on the other hand if u parted on good terms u feel is only right to keep in contact.

I suppose I'm the one doing the breaking up so I don't want her to entertain too many notions of us getting back together but, on the other hand, I don't want to come across as cold or unconcerned. It's far from the case. I was only 60/40 on breaking up and I've had plenty of moments already of feeling like it was a mistake but, for a lot of reasons, I still feel it was the right thing to do.

Unread 29-03-2007, 08:23 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtbion

I am recently broken up (2 weeks) & left well enough alone until y'day when I exchanged pleasantries. Seemed grand but she got on again now this evening and is bothered by my response.

Is a tricky one isn't it? Ya don't want to be confusing yourself or herself but on the other hand if u parted on good terms u feel is only right to keep in contact.

I suppose I'm the one doing the breaking up so I don't want her to entertain too many notions of us getting back together but, on the other hand, I don't want to come across as cold or unconcerned. It's far from the case. I was only 60/40 on breaking up and I've had plenty of moments already of feeling like it was a mistake but, for a lot of reasons, I still feel it was the right thing to do.
You're becoming a dab hand at this breaking up is hard to do stuff Tolkein. As the plumber who left the wife said "It's all over Flo"

Unread 29-03-2007, 08:28 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Don't bother.

Unread 29-03-2007, 08:33 PM
LoonofMufc

They're exes for a reason!!!!!

Unread 29-03-2007, 08:33 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoonofMufc
They're exes for a reason!!!!!
Let the reason be love

Unread 29-03-2007, 08:47 PM
Argentina

Either way, wether you want it back on or not, dont see or speak to her for a good few weeks. Mine was 2 months, but I wanted her back, now we are.
Like magic

Unread 29-03-2007, 08:50 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Don't bother.
That is good advise.

Unread 29-03-2007, 08:51 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtbion

I suppose I'm the one doing the breaking up so I dont want to come across as cold or unconcerned
post a link - we'll be the judge of if you should keep in touch or not

Unread 29-03-2007, 08:52 PM
mindscratch

Nothing says it is over like rape with a broomstick.

Unread 29-03-2007, 08:54 PM
808state

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindscratch
Nothing says it is over like rape with a broomstick.
Using which end?

(Of the broom)
Closed Thread