United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-10-2014, 05:23 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaFredsBigShoe
Thought ronaldo looked streets ahead on debut, see more potential in say sterling on performance. But players mature at different rates, look at Bale.

Players always get hyped and some font show it, jones for example or Rossi as two.
Rossi was maturing into a superb player before injuries derailed his career to be fair to him.

I like Januzaj, with time he will probably end up a top class attacking midfielder, 10 or striker, do not think he has the pace to be a winger long term, but he has excellent technique and imagination in his play. Any player who can beat a man in central areas is gold dust.

Unread 11-10-2014, 05:27 PM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Rossi was maturing into a superb player before injuries derailed his career to be fair to him.

I like Januzaj, with time he will probably end up a top class attacking midfielder, 10 or striker, do not think he has the pace to be a winger long term, but he has excellent technique and imagination in his play. Any player who can beat a man in central areas is gold dust.

I agree he has potential, but the same things are said about loads of young players (similar was said of welbeck when he started to play)

Unread 11-10-2014, 05:40 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
I agree he has potential, but the same things are said about loads of young players (similar was said of welbeck when he started to play)
The signings in the summer have made it very hard for Januzaj to get game time. In the current system he would have to displace Falcao or Van Persie for a forwards role or Rooney/Mata for the 10 spot. Very difficult. Having said that he would add some much needed mobility and penetration to the front 3.

A young player needs a bit of luck as well, to be in the right place at the right time. Back to Rossi for a moment, just as he was evidently ready for the first team ( back from a very positive loan at Parma after a poor one at Newcastle) Utd had added Tevez to Rooney, Ronaldo, Saha as a front option, some of the best attacking players in the world as competition.

Unread 11-10-2014, 05:44 PM
believe

He's obviously a great player but I'm not convinced he'll make it at the very top level. He seems the type who is affected by the hype and that will be his downfall.

Unread 11-10-2014, 05:44 PM
ZiggyStardust

I think some forget how good a footballer Januzaj is

He's still only 19 and the two systems we have played this season make it difficult for him to get in the side however not having a pre-season is another big factor in his poor start to the season

Going to the World Cup in hindsight hasn't done him any favours as otherwise he would have got plenty of playing time in America

Any way here's a little remember to those who have forgotten how good he was at times last season

Unread 11-10-2014, 06:00 PM
MUFCOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
He's obviously a great player but I'm not convinced he'll make it at the very top level. He seems the type who is affected by the hype and that will be his downfall.
How can you be a great player but not make it at the top level? What a stupid comment.

He's a class player, was last year and anyone who is doubting him is talking out there arse. Not saying he will get anywhere near Ronaldo level but his all round game is better than Ronaldos at the same age.

Unread 11-10-2014, 06:12 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFCOK
How can you be a great player but not make it at the top level? What a stupid comment.

He's a class player, was last year and anyone who is doubting him is talking out there arse. Not saying he will get anywhere near Ronaldo level but his all round game is better than Ronaldos at the same age.
Plenty of great players don't make it at the top level you stupid #@&%!. Hth.

Unread 11-10-2014, 06:56 PM
sudored

Lets face it if Moyes had said he was shit you lot would be saying he will be the best in europe in 5 years

Unread 11-10-2014, 06:59 PM
HotChip

Quote:
Plenty of great players don't make it at the top level you stupid #@&%!. Hth.
There's hundreds tbf..

Unread 11-10-2014, 07:12 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChip
Think hes only done that a couple of times, think he feels he HAS to do something as hes only on the pitch minutes per game.

With a run of games he looks good.
He was brilliant when he first started but then he played a ton under moyes and looked like the new nani.

Im sure he will improve a lot but not if he sits on the bench.

Loan him out. We don't need him right now.

Unread 11-10-2014, 07:18 PM
Shooter McGavin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
I think some forget how good a footballer Januzaj is

He's still only 19 and the two systems we have played this season make it difficult for him to get in the side however not having a pre-season is another big factor in his poor start to the season

Going to the World Cup in hindsight hasn't done him any favours as otherwise he would have got plenty of playing time in America

Any way here's a little remember to those who have forgotten how good he was at times last season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZXyUWG5ziA
These threads are getting embarrassing aren't they. Januzaj not good enough, De Gea, RVP, Rooney. List goes on.

Unread 11-10-2014, 07:28 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter McGavin
These threads are getting embarrassing aren't they. Januzaj not good enough, De Gea, RVP, Rooney. List goes on.
It's called opinion and unless he starts to do something on a more consistent basis he's always going to divide it.

Unread 11-10-2014, 07:31 PM
Shooter McGavin

Quote:
It's called opinion and unless he starts to do something on a more consistent basis he's always going to divide it.
Correct, mostly utterly reactionary %@#$&!s though

Unread 11-10-2014, 07:36 PM
believe

Quote:
Correct, mostly utterly reactionary %@#$&!s though
We know more than most fans that it takes more than just being a good footballer to make it at United. If you take Ronaldo as an example, he improved with every game he played at United and was always pushing himself for more. I get the impression that januzaj thought he'd made it after the Sunderland game a year ago because I've not seen any noticeable change or improvement since.

Unread 11-10-2014, 07:37 PM
Crumps

Excellent little player, could become Kakaesque if things go right.

Unread 11-10-2014, 08:18 PM
red in cumbria

Gollum should just £#%&!ing shut up, tbh.

Unread 11-10-2014, 09:15 PM
marlo

Quote:
Nanners would be a better player to use IMHO tin hat etc.

Said it before , just don't get the janners fuss, hope I'm wrong and quoted like those who said bale was shit but.....
he isn't that good at all.

he will be playing for a mid table english team or maybe an italian outfit in 5 years.

id tip wilson to have a better career that januzaj. he isn't exactly fast, i wouldn't say he beats players with ease and easily drifts out of games. compare him to sterling who is a danger and has a defender on the back foot as soon as he gets the ball.

I'm good friends with two premiership defenders and they've said sterling is £#%&!ing a pain to play against. goes either way and his pace is frightening.

not to say januzaj isn't good but he isn't as good as some are making him out to be. he isn't even making it hard for lvg to leave him out and we all know this.

Unread 11-10-2014, 09:41 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
he isn't that good at all.

he will be playing for a mid table english team or maybe an italian outfit in 5 years.

id tip wilson to have a better career that januzaj. he isn't exactly fast, i wouldn't say he beats players with ease and easily drifts out of games. compare him to sterling who is a danger and has a defender on the back foot as soon as he gets the ball.

I'm good friends with two premiership defenders and they've said sterling is £#%&!ing a pain to play against. goes either way and his pace is frightening.

not to say januzaj isn't good but he isn't as good as some are making him out to be. he isn't even making it hard for lvg to leave him out and we all know this.
shut the £#%&! up you plank

Unread 11-10-2014, 09:49 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

I'm good friends with two premiership defenders
There it is

Unread 11-10-2014, 11:16 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Not to mention half the 1994 team turning out to be shit.
Closed Thread