United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-12-2013, 12:59 PM
puressence

Wink

His place in history died the day he welcomed those @#%&!s in the club pal. And shit on the people he relied on to get him new. Contracts in 2001. U me the fans the people who if we didn't go he wouldn't exist with u love him I feel sorry for him he could say jump off a cliff and thousands would I'm sorry throb I'm not a lamb pal I make my own decisions and views on what I read hear and see , mufc will always be my club sir alex ferguson is someone who passed through .. He was a manager like tommy doch ron atkinson and the rest that's it.

Unread 24-12-2013, 02:05 PM
My Name is Keith

Can't he be both great and fallible? I still think he's one of the greatest men to have ever existed yet some of things he did we're highly questionable. And he was very selfish but then, a lot of great men are.

I thought I was beyond my adoration of him but when I met him, just before he announced his retirement, I felt very humbled. Shocked me a bit tbh.

Unread 24-12-2013, 02:18 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Can't he be both great and fallible? I still think he's one of the greatest men to have ever existed yet some of things he did we're highly questionable. And he was very selfish but then, a lot of great men are.

I thought I was beyond my adoration of him but when I met him, just before he announced his retirement, I felt very humbled. Shocked me a bit tbh.
I'd walk past him tbh

Unread 24-12-2013, 02:30 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
His place in history died the day he welcomed those @#%&!s in the club pal. And shit on the people he relied on to get him new. Contracts in 2001. U me the fans the people who if we didn't go he wouldn't exist with u love him I feel sorry for him he could say jump off a cliff and thousands would I'm sorry throb I'm not a lamb pal I make my own decisions and views on what I read hear and see , mufc will always be my club sir alex ferguson is someone who passed through .. He was a manager like tommy doch ron atkinson and the rest that's it.
but the managers are some of the most important people in the club's history, so what you're saying doesn't make much sense

the reality is that we support the club, we don't run it - imagine the mess it would be in if we did

the way critics jump on the few cases where he's had public fallings out with his players is ridiculous - the vast majority of his ex-players have nothing but respect for him, so quite why so much credence would be given to roy keane £#%&! only knows. you say you make your own mind up, but in the same breath you say you do that entirely based on what you read, see and hear - bullshit. if you made your own mind up based on the 'evidence' then the only way you would come to the views you have would be if you completely ignore the overwhelming number of glowing tributes he gets from people he's worked with and competed against; unless you swallow hook line and sinker the tiny minority of views that slag the bloke and/or his management off then you'd admire him. i suspect you do.

as for him welcoming the glazers, how about looking at the whole situation from his point of view as a bloke who loves united and was lucky enough to be the manager - what happened to his team in the 4 years before the takeover? what happened in the 4 years (and more) after? people talk about how the club was put at risk and how ferguson was happy to keep taking the money. but the facts are that the club didn't go pop and ferguson has more than earned his wages since 2005. they are the facts.

at the end of the day it's not about seeing ferguson as some kind of flawless character, it's about respecting his achievements. i always feel a bit sorry for people who spent most of the time slagging united off while we were top of the world in the second half of the last decade. playing great football and winning the right way is exactly what all united fans hold dear, and that's what ferguson's 3rd team delivered...

Unread 24-12-2013, 02:44 PM
puressence

Ferie stooge.

Unread 24-12-2013, 02:45 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
I'd walk past him tbh
Not in a corridor tbf.

Unread 24-12-2013, 02:51 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Ferie stooge.
i think you're an idiot tbh

i'd walk past ferguson the same as i'd walk past every other famous person in an every day situation.

but what you said was %@#$&!s and all i've done is point that out by ripping it to bits. you said you base your view on what you see hear and read. the vast majority of that is positive, so you're a liar and a deluded fool. simple.

Unread 24-12-2013, 03:08 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

i'd walk past ferguson the same as i'd walk past every other famous person in an every day situation.

but what you said was balls and all i've done is point that out by ripping it to bits. you said you base your view on what you see hear and read. the vast majority of that is positive, so you're a liar and a deluded fool. simple.
Thanx. If u met him u would become like a teenage girl walking past justin bieber. Its all there based on fact its written a realman with principles would have walked out in 2005. Why back the people pre glazer then shit on them from a great height or did that not happen. Why slate people who won all his trophies. Why I tell you because he's interested in one person and one only himself. And £#%&! the rest maybe to get to the very top that's wat u have to be ruthless. That's not me pal a greater man would have walked in 2005 instead a greatmen seized to be that man in my eyes.

Unread 24-12-2013, 03:36 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
I'd walk past him tbh
Can you say the same for Gregg's?

Unread 24-12-2013, 03:42 PM
Blagger

Question

Quote:
Thanx. If u met him u would become like a teenage girl walking past justin bieber. Its all there based on fact its written a realman with principles would have walked out in 2005. Why back the people pre glazer then shit on them from a great height or did that not happen. Why slate people who won all his trophies. Why I tell you because he's interested in one person and one only himself. And £#%&! the rest maybe to get to the very top that's wat u have to be ruthless. That's not me pal a greater man would have walked in 2005 instead a greatmen seized to be that man in my eyes.
Does your inner monologue actually have that syntactic structure? £#%&!ing hell.

Unread 24-12-2013, 03:43 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
Can you say the same for Gregg's?
Not been in a gregg since tried taxing the pies

Unread 24-12-2013, 03:48 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare

Unread 24-12-2013, 06:22 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith

Football's answer to Mandela - very much including the "flawed" bit.

Unread 25-12-2013, 12:30 AM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

but what you said was %@#$&!s and all i've done is point that out by ripping it to bits. you said you base your view on what you see hear and read. the vast majority of that is positive, so you're a liar and a deluded fool. simple.
Excellent post.

Unread 26-12-2013, 07:44 AM
believe

not a lamb

Unread 26-12-2013, 11:16 AM
believe

I think he's talking directly to pure on this

Closed Thread