United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-09-2013, 07:45 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Kaiser
Klopp should have got the job anyway.
didn't he want to stay at dortmund? pretty sure i read that when he was being linked with bayern.

Unread 23-09-2013, 07:48 PM
Der Kaiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
didn't he want to stay at dortmund? pretty sure i read that when he was being linked with bayern.
I don't know pal, there was a story in the press a few days before Fergie announced his decision to retire, that a few people on the United board wanted Klopp as his replacement. I think he would have jumped at the chance tbh

Unread 23-09-2013, 07:49 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
So johnny come lately. I was onto him since last year's gif.

It's a fine reaction gif no doubt but it makes him look a bit simple.
I like the growling one because it makes him look like an unstable lunatic.

Either would be preferable to the boring, Fergie-lite Moyes though tbh

Unread 23-09-2013, 07:55 PM
Jack Duckworth

there was a feature on sky as part of the champions league final build up this year where kloppers was going round london in a black cab asking people if they'd heard of him, iirc came across as a decent bloke, but very eccentric. unsure how much of it is an act, tbh.

i would have preferred ancelotti to take over from fergie, btw - he would have been the perfect choice.

Unread 23-09-2013, 08:01 PM
Pop

Quote:

i would have preferred ancelotti to take over from fergie, btw - he would have been the perfect choice.
So did Fergie apparently

https://www.google.ie/search?num=30&...96.hPyXivVxwRg

Unread 23-09-2013, 08:13 PM
Aman27deep

Ancelotti and Laudrup. Two of the most handsome men around. Even at 20 I'm jealous of them.

Unread 23-09-2013, 08:42 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I didn't like him until I saw that tbh
I thought he was just another Le Guen flavour of the month fanboy pin-up.
But I'd hire him off the back of that Gif.
Keep little Louie Lumsden on as a sort of Manuel kicking post. Klopp losing his rag Basil Fawlty style & cracking Lou round the head with a shin pad or something.

I don't dislike Moyes I'm just £#%&!ing bored to tears by him already.
He's always prattling on about Fergie
Yesterday's horror show suggests he is stil doing what SAF tells him, including sticking stubbornly to his "favourites".

But he doesn't have Freggie's ability to somehow make them look vaguely United standard. Not good, not good at all :shakehead:

Unread 23-09-2013, 09:33 PM
Chipsauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aman27deep
Ancelotti and Laudrup. Two of the most handsome men around. Even at 20 I'm jealous of them.

Unread 24-09-2013, 12:22 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Klopp's also one of those who new into a job admits to needing time to impose his own ideals/values. Think he said it's normally a two year thing. Don't think supporters these days will have the patience for that. Moyes won't get time (IMO).

Keep an eye on Laudrup I guess, can't think of anyone else looking ahead. I don't buy into the United factor/pull or whatever the £#%&! some @#%&! wants to call it. Does it exist nowadays? I don't think so. Transfer activity will probably be kept conservative so whoever is in charge needs to operate along those lines. Next year or two the squad needs significant investment to improve key positions with key players getting on/likely to move on. Good luck to whoever is responsible for that.....

Unread 29-09-2013, 07:35 AM
teflon_terry

Would take Steve Clarke at this stage.

Unread 29-09-2013, 09:15 AM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
it's not a completely ridiculous notion. if we don't come 4th for instance he is gone.
Dare I dream.
Closed Thread