United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-09-2013, 02:44 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
someone said you'd been to a comic convention. How was it?
If you mean the Mayweather vs Alvarez fight in Vegas, it was great

Unread 23-09-2013, 02:44 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher

Unread 23-09-2013, 02:47 PM
Aman27deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
or.... they had one of the most wanted managers in europe show interest, and thought long-term.

Either way he's retired now.
He's taking a sabbatical I read in an interview.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Castro
Wouldn't mind Klopp. If Moyes finishes outside the top two I'd call that failure, but not a sackable offence....yet. Outside the top 4 he's gone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop

Herr Kloppers
One good thing about Klopp would be that Kagawa will start where he should. He plays better football than Moyes also and I don't think anyone will argue against that.

Unread 23-09-2013, 02:47 PM
Jack Duckworth

Thumbs up

Quote:
delighted to have you back, pal

Unread 23-09-2013, 02:48 PM
Aman27deep

Quote:
Good to have you back

Unread 23-09-2013, 03:02 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aman27deep
Bayern didn't renew a treble winning manager's contract. That means he got fired.
no, it means they didn't renew his contract.

Unread 23-09-2013, 03:02 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Why is he getting away with such low expectations??
CL qualification? I've heard a few people on here suggest that would be acceptable.
We're league champions ffs
He's got to retain the Title or at the very least take it down to the last game, otherwise he's failed.
Maybe, but he won't be sacked on those terms. Nor should he be.

Unread 23-09-2013, 03:05 PM
Neo

Thumbs up

Quote:

I'm going next week, pol. Was hoping to get some recommendations from you. Yhpm.

Unread 23-09-2013, 03:08 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Maybe, but he won't be sacked on those terms. Nor should he be.
I agree, but I don't buy into this "he needs 2-3 years" shite. That's what you say about a manager who has taken over a Club in crisis.
He's been given one of the biggest jobs in world football & therefore should be up to to handling the expectations that come with it.

He had a poor pre-season, a terrible transfer window & a rotten start to his League campaign.
You can only call it as you see it.
People are bound to be emotive after getting a £#%&!ing hiding off City.

Unread 23-09-2013, 03:09 PM
dragflick

Quote:
I agree, but I don't buy into this "he needs 2-3 years" shite. That's what you say about a manager who has taken over a Club in crisis.
He's been given one of the biggest jobs in world football & should be up to it.

He had a poor pre-season, a terrible transfer window & a rotten start to his League campaign.
Emotive/slapped arse. There's a fine line...

Unread 23-09-2013, 03:12 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

S'what I'm talking about yeah....

Unread 23-09-2013, 03:12 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Emotive/slapped arse. There's a fine line...
True, but all football fans are the same.
How can any United fan not have a face like a slapped arse after yesterday?
Fergie would be getting stick if he'd have served up that performance yesterday & Moyes is no different.

Unread 23-09-2013, 04:02 PM
foreveradevil

It is not entirely moyes fault although he does keep selecting young and tony. United's problems stem from the greedy glazer's get very rich very quick economic policy. We shop at bargain stores, while Spurs, city and chelsea shop at harrods. United's profits are paying off the glazers debt and the remainder is being paid directly to them as expenses. To be fair moyes has not a lot to select from either. 2nd rate midfield and wingers, and a ageing defence, with evra and rio on a slippery slope. Although Moyes selections to date do not inspire confidence.

Unread 23-09-2013, 04:06 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
He's been given one of the biggest jobs in world football & therefore should be up to to handling the expectations that come with it.

it's not really a rotten start. Moyes did well with the media in the summer, stopped rooney leaving and got fellaini. he also brought giggs onto his coaching staff. On the pitch United were worth a draw at anfield, won the 1st cl group game convincingly, battered swansea, won the charity shield and beat palace. did okay against mourinho at OT... the wheels fell off a bit with RvP's late withdrawal yesterday but there it is... we're only 1 or 2pts shy of a good start in the league, and we've got a few of the toughest fixture out of the way.

If United are assured of getting out of their CL group and have at least 20pts in the league before the Arsenal game then it will be a good start.

Unread 23-09-2013, 04:09 PM
puressence

Giggs is a shoe in.

Unread 23-09-2013, 04:11 PM
puressence

Quote:
True, but all football fans are the same.
How can any United fan not have a face like a slapped arse after yesterday?
Fergie would be getting stick if he'd have served up that performance yesterday & Moyes is no different.
Tbf ferie has produced a lot of these type of performances and no £#%&!er bar me would say out

Unread 23-09-2013, 04:37 PM
teflon_terry

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Tbf ferie has produced a lot of these type of performances and no £#%&!er bar me would say out
It's only now that we can see that you were right all along, unlike the complacent masses numbed into supporting Ferguson by an unprecedented and never to be repeated period of success.

Unread 23-09-2013, 04:42 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Good to see the watcher is alive and didn't do a duckworth.

As for the replacement.... The big guy could come in for a few years until klopp is up for it? You know who, Mr. Results himself, about to take serie a by storm, just like he has in Spain and england already.

Has to be better than the shit the bed at the head we have now.

Unread 23-09-2013, 04:43 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Good to see the watcher is alive and didn't do a duckworth.

As for the replacement.... The big guy could come in for a few years until klopp is up for it? You know who, Mr. Results himself, about to take serie a by storm, just like he has in Spain and england already.

Has to be better than the shit the bed at the head we have now.
nice to see your czech is coming along well.

Unread 23-09-2013, 04:43 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
One word. Paul le Guen.
Closed Thread