United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-07-2013, 09:05 AM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Why wouldn't they? Strange thing to say
Because they've got us over a barrel that's why - the noises coming out of United are "we're loaded and we're looking to buy a midfielder". That smells like desperation.

Unread 30-07-2013, 09:10 AM
Scabs

The £#%&!ing bedwetting @#%&!s on here, honestly... :shakehead:

Who did you HONESTLY expect we'd sign? There's clearly still weeks to go, but I said it ages ago that I wouldn't be at all surprised if we didn't sign anyone (else). It's a congested transfer market and we have long struggled to compete in it.

"We're so shit, we're so shit, we haven't signed ANY superstars..."

We've just won the £#%&!ing league you spoilt bastards.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Unread 30-07-2013, 09:15 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scabs
The £#%&!ing bedwetting @#%&!s on here, honestly... :shakehead:

Who did you HONESTLY expect we'd sign? There's clearly still weeks to go, but I said it ages ago that I wouldn't be at all surprised if we didn't sign anyone (else). It's a congested transfer market and we have long struggled to compete in it.

"We're so shit, we're so shit, we haven't signed ANY superstars..."

We've just won the £#%&!ing league you spoilt bastards.

And that's all I have to say about that.
so you're saying they have confirmed everyone's worst fears?

we're champions, so don't worry?

Unread 30-07-2013, 09:16 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Is this the same Modric we were going crazy for 2 seasons ago, the same Modric we kicked off about not signing?

He'd be a cracking signing if we get him and Felliani.

I still think there is something big about to happen so i will stay positive.

Unread 30-07-2013, 09:16 AM
Pop

I know I say this about pretty much every player in the game but I really hope he dies if he does have the neck to say yes to a Utd tansfer.

Utter £#%&!ing @#%&! of a man.

Probably.

Unread 30-07-2013, 09:18 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Is this the same Modric we were going crazy for 2 seasons ago, the same Modric we kicked off about not signing?

That's the one.

Agree about the last sentence aswell. There's 4 weeks to go ffs. (Famous last words maybe...)

Unread 30-07-2013, 09:19 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
That's the one.

Agree about the last sentence aswell. There's 4 weeks to go ffs. (Famous last words maybe...)
I thought people were confusing him with Charlie Adam for a second

Unread 30-07-2013, 09:19 AM
Scabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
so you're saying they have confirmed everyone's worst fears?

we're champions, so don't worry?

Not at all, but getting jizzy over a succession of players we are highly unlikely to sign and then seeing your arse when it becomes apparent that it's a pipe dream is, well...

Every squad could use strengthening, but ours is a champion squad and whining that we haven't added yet another high-profile player smacks of, what, petulance?

Just my opinion, but there seems to me to be a complete lack of realism. I'd be delighted if we signed a couple of talented players, Modric included, but I just don't see it.

Unread 30-07-2013, 09:20 AM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
united "are planning a £25 million bid to sign luca modric from real madrid after coming to the reluctant realisation that they are unlikely to secure any of their primary transfer targets."

has there ever been a sadder opening paragraph?

blabbed about targets everyone knew were unrealistic. end up overpaying for someone no one wants - a lightweight piece of shit who will do no more at united than he did at real or spurs. might not even get baines and fellaini (plan c?).

there had better be a couple of decent signings because, if this is really it, it will be utterly £#%&!ing shite and no amount of gaiety is going to change that.

glazers out.

woodward out.

moyes out.

we have been moving backwards for years. this is just desperate. modric? £#%&!ing modric. seriously? modric/kagawa/cleverley/powell.... that's variety, that is. I know I'm scared anyway.
Good post.

Unread 30-07-2013, 09:22 AM
Stubbsy

Bid accepted

Unread 30-07-2013, 09:25 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:

You might have been.

Unread 30-07-2013, 09:26 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
You might have been.
Me and a few others, he's an excellent player

Unread 30-07-2013, 09:26 AM
General Woundwort

Thumbs up

Cleverley and Modric in a 2. The amazing vanishing midfield. Can't wait.

Unread 30-07-2013, 09:27 AM
Scabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbsy
Bid accepted
Link?

Unread 30-07-2013, 09:28 AM
Pop

Quote:
Link?
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Fe...-accepted.aspx

Unread 30-07-2013, 09:28 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Link?
Really?

Unread 30-07-2013, 09:30 AM
Scabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Really?
Wouldn't be the first time I've been instantly proved wrong.

Unread 30-07-2013, 09:31 AM
jem

Quote:

this is the modric that no one with any £#%&!ing sense wanted anywhere £#%&!ing near united.

Quote:
Not at all, but getting jizzy over a succession of players we are highly unlikely to sign and then seeing your arse when it becomes apparent that it's a pipe dream is, well...

Every squad could use strengthening, but ours is a champion squad and whining that we haven't added yet another high-profile player smacks of, what, petulance?

Just my opinion, but there seems to me to be a complete lack of realism. I'd be delighted if we signed a couple of talented players, Modric included, but I just don't see it.
it's no lack of realism; quite the opposite - it's the awful predictability.

we went after shiny baubles iinstead of solid, achievable targets. modric will not suit united. you think gundogan would have cost more? other teams are picking up bargains. I don't want "high profile players", I want talent spotting and ronnie.

Unread 30-07-2013, 09:33 AM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
He's marginally better than Cleverley who is marginally better than a piece of white dog shit.
had 2 assists to his name so far in pre season. Anderson has square root of £#%&! all.

Cleverley is a much better player and option than anderson.

Unread 30-07-2013, 09:35 AM
redhegemony

All depends how much he is. If he replaces Anderson at not to great a cost that's a good deal. Presumably if Madrid land Bale they'll want to off load and get some cash.

Even if we don't land a big improvement a little step is positive.
Closed Thread