United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-11-2013, 01:39 PM
Tumescent Throb

i remember when we were linked with him before

£#%&! him though

i'm busy writing my "should have signed Iniesta in 2014" piece to be trotted out when we're linked with him after the next Euros

Unread 13-11-2013, 01:44 PM
Sumo

If true I would love to have my nephew (Alonso) playing for us, would also love to see the look on a few of those YSB faces

Unread 13-11-2013, 01:56 PM
Sumo

Default Speaking of Carrick, do any of you think my nephew looks like him?

And yes he's a model but not gay.

Unread 13-11-2013, 01:59 PM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumo

he might not be...

Unread 13-11-2013, 02:18 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumo

Since that's a photo from a £#%&!ing decade ago, I doubt whether your "nephew" looks like that anymore either.

Unread 13-11-2013, 02:22 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Should've signed him from Sociedad when Fergie baulked at the potential £10m fee
I know, if only it wasnt for that bastard Fergie we'd have 20 titles now.

Unread 13-11-2013, 02:23 PM
Sumo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Since that's a photo from a £#%&!ing decade ago, I doubt whether your "nephew" looks like that anymore either.
He does and still in good condition

*Edit*

Here he is at a wrestling tournament from last November, takes after his uncle Sumo I tell you

Unread 13-11-2013, 02:40 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
Not what we need, too similar to Carrick
Agreed because he's also too similar in age. He won't come to be an understudy, so pairing him with Carrick would be two guys looking to do a similar job, both 32/33 and on a physical decline. It's hardly the ideal signing in that sense.

Ideally we focus on getting something more stable next to Carrick. Then work on a back-up/potential replacement for him.

Unread 13-11-2013, 03:03 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Never mind that @#%&!, this is more like it

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...er-United.html
Now we're £#%&!ing talking. I have every faith in Woodward to make this happen.

Unread 13-11-2013, 03:13 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Agreed because he's also too similar in age. He won't come to be an understudy, so pairing him with Carrick would be two guys looking to do a similar job, both 32/33 and on a physical decline. It's hardly the ideal signing in that sense.

Ideally we focus on getting something more stable next to Carrick. Then work on a back-up/potential replacement for him.
very short-sighted way of looking at it - most unsage-like

Unread 13-11-2013, 03:14 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Overrated to £#%&!
This. Plus he's ex-scouse, and wasn't even that good for them.

Unread 13-11-2013, 03:20 PM
Sumo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian
This. Plus he's ex-scouse, and wasn't even that good for them.
Ex Liverpoo in which nobody would give a toss about tbf if he did sign for us plus he was good for them (that good) he impressed the likes of Madrid who signed him.

Unread 13-11-2013, 03:41 PM
Aman27deep

We have Carrick, and I see no reason to buy a Spanish Carrick. Plus I think he'll go to Chelsea.

Unread 13-11-2013, 05:00 PM
Sumo

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aman27deep
We have Carrick, and I see no reason to buy a Spanish Carrick. Plus I think he'll go to Chelsea.
Always best to have replacements with the same quality imo.

Unread 13-11-2013, 05:35 PM
Switching Off

I googled Daily Star Alonso and it brought up an article they wrote last week saying he was signing for Chelsea. Presume the Chelsea move is off for some reason now?

Unread 13-11-2013, 07:03 PM
Der Kaiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Should've signed him from Sociedad when Fergie baulked at the potential £10m fee
I don't think he baulked at the price, I recall him saying something about Queiroz being a big admirer of him, and when United went to make an offer for him Benitez had already got in there and got him, he put it down to Benitez having the connections in Spanish football to move quickly.

Would have been a great signing though.
Closed Thread