United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > News, Current Affairs & Politics

Unread 11-01-2019, 07:09 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
sixties progressives destroying christian family values and the welfare state incentivising idleness.
You don't actually believe either of those things, bless.

Unread 11-01-2019, 07:49 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria View Post
You don't actually believe either of those things, bless.
I think we all know he is right.

Having the view that christian family values and the merits of hard work are old fashioned and have no place in the 21st century isn't necessarily wrong.

It's just the view that many on the left have and it surprises me that you would try to argue otherwise.

Unread 11-01-2019, 08:16 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty View Post
I think we all know he is right
I don't "know" that he is right at all. The idea the past was more "moral" depends on a highly rose-tinted and selective recollection of the actual reality.

And ignoring stuff like gays being persecuted and blackmailed, gulags for slags, "No blacks/Irish/gypsies" signs, girls dying in back street abortions, actual censorship of the arts (!!) etc etc.

Anybody who genuinely wants all that stuff back is at best a delusional weirdo, at worst an actual sociopath.

Unread 11-01-2019, 08:27 PM
TheFatGoth

She didn't even make it to Iraq...

Unread 11-01-2019, 08:30 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty View Post
It's just the view that many on the left have and it surprises me that you would try to argue otherwise.
Fucking hell mate. It's a Friday night.

Unread 11-01-2019, 08:38 PM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
I've drove in Iraq but never hitchhiked
I've driven round Morocco and never once felt threatened. I'd like to know the statistics over a period of time compared to how many get murdered elsewhere. The most threatened I've ever felt was in Guatemala, and they ain't Muslim there they are full of Irks Christian values.

As for hitch hiking in Iraq

Unread 11-01-2019, 09:44 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock View Post
So lets just kill all the puddledheads ?

None of this just a few around the edges, wedding party and babymilk factory, I'm talking full out nuclear Armageddon... wipe the place from the map...

...oh hang on, then where do we go hitch hiking ??? bugger !
so, you're suggesting surgical strikes and boots on the ground.

should def save the women, though. not the ugly ones.

Unread 11-01-2019, 09:53 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed View Post
I've driven round Morocco and never once felt threatened. I'd like to know the statistics over a period of time compared to how many get murdered elsewhere. The most threatened I've ever felt was in Guatemala, and they ain't Muslim there they are full of Irks Christian values.

As for hitch hiking in Iraq
Bearded, gun-toting, pipe-smoking bloke doesn't feel as threatened as a small, blonde woman shocker.

Unread 11-01-2019, 10:03 PM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
Bearded, gun-toting, pipe-smoking bloke doesn't feel as threatened as a small, blonde woman shocker.
I wasn't carrying a gun in Morocco you lunatic. I just found none of the people threatening, most people seemed genuinely friendly outside the cities. It didn't bother them in Guatemala I was a bearded male when they started pulling blades on a group of us there.

Unread 12-01-2019, 09:20 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed View Post
I wasn't carrying a gun in Morocco you lunatic. I just found none of the people threatening, most people seemed genuinely friendly outside the cities. It didn't bother them in Guatemala I was a bearded male when they started pulling blades on a group of us there.
Ey up, Alan Wicker has logged in.