United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Wrestling

Unread 09-01-2019, 07:17 AM
Switching Off

Default All Elite Wrestling

They've got Jericho. Could be interesting. First PPV in May.

Below are the confirmed names for the AEW roster so far:

– Cody Rhodes

– The Young Bucks

– “Hangman” Adam Page

– Brandi Rhodes

– Britt Baker

– Christopher Daniels

– Scorpio Sky

– Frankie Kazarian

– PAC (f.k.a Neville in WWE)

– MJF

– The Good Hearts

– Joey Janela

– Penelope Ford

– Billy Gunn (Producer)

– Chris Jericho

Unread 09-01-2019, 07:37 AM
My Name is Heath

That’s a good roster from the start.

Will Omega go there too?

Would love to see some underused WWE talent there.

Revival?
Crews?
Emma?

Would be good to have a new Mean Gene too.

Perhaps a great on screen talent to conduct the interviews - an up and coming actor like the magnificent Cody Fern would take it to the next level?

Unread 09-01-2019, 07:54 AM
Jethro

Get the feeling there will be some shock arrivals from WWE. Revival seem nailed on. Wouldn't surprise me to see Cesaro, possibly Nakamura.

Unread 09-01-2019, 05:45 PM
TheKitchenSink

They're also talking about having realistic schedules, off seasons, health insurance and proper contracts rather than forcing the performers to be independent contractors. Equal gender pay too, and wages on par with WWE if not better. If nothing else it'll likely give WWE no choice but to treat their talent like human beings rather than animals for the first time.

If AEW debuts on TNT then Tuesday Night Dynamite is the name of the TV show... TNT a coincidence or is Dusty Rhodes' son bringing wrestling back to the Turner network?

Unread 09-01-2019, 05:51 PM
Switching Off

Surprised if they go head to head with WWE. Do it on Thursdays, if they're really all about giving fans what they want. Fox have plowed a billion into SD so I don't see them laying back and letting them get any traction on Tuesdays.

Unread 09-01-2019, 06:02 PM
TheKitchenSink

I think they've trademarked Tuesday Night Dynamite so it sounds like Tuesday is going to be the night, for better or worse. Smackdown is staying on Fridays isn't it? What would AEW be head to head with on a Tuesday?

Edit: Nvm, Smackdown is on Tuesday now but moving to Friday when it moves to Fox. Shows how much attention I pay to WWE these days.

Last edited by TheKitchenSink; 09-01-2019 at 06:05 PM.

Unread 09-01-2019, 06:16 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKitchenSink View Post
I think they've trademarked Tuesday Night Dynamite so it sounds like Tuesday is going to be the night, for better or worse. Smackdown is staying on Fridays isn't it? What would AEW be head to head with on a Tuesday?

Edit: Nvm, Smackdown is on Tuesday now but moving to Friday when it moves to Fox. Shows how much attention I pay to WWE these days.
I thought it was Tuesday but wouldn't have sworn to it. I guess if thats moving to Friday later this year theyre ok. The fact theyve got a small "war" for a few months will probably help them.