Closed Thread

Unread 19-08-2022, 05:52 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
not if Jones is still here..

Unread 19-08-2022, 06:30 PM
Patty_b

Voted it's not enough. I'm not unhappy with the signings, it's just that it feels like we need another 2 or 3.

But after the Liverpool game maybe some or all the new signings can come into the team and completely change it. It's not impossible. We looked a different team when Bruno strolled in halfway through the season. No bedding in necessary.

No reason why it can't happen again.

Two huge games now.

Unread 19-08-2022, 06:35 PM
Neo

Thumbs down

Considering it was 9 months ago that we appointed that Ralf Rangnick guy, and that was when work was supposed to begin on the 2022 summer transfer window, its been an utter shambles.

This Murtough idiot clocking up more air miles than Michael Palin chasing every player under the sun (and their mum).

The club is the biggest laughing stock in European football when it comes to transfers. #GlazersOut

Unread 19-08-2022, 06:36 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Voted it's not enough. I'm not unhappy with the signings, it's just that it feels like we need another 2 or 3.

But after the Liverpool game maybe some or all the new signings can come into the team and completely change it. It's not impossible. We looked a different team when Bruno strolled in halfway through the season. No bedding in necessary.

No reason why it can't happen again.

Two huge games now.
Of course it's not enough but you have to be a realist that a club of our size isn't bringing in 8/9 in one window, it's logistically impossible....

Unread 19-08-2022, 06:44 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Of course it's not enough but you have to be a realist that a club of our size isn't bringing in 8/9 in one window, it's logistically impossible....
Maybe.

I'm looking at it from the perspective of what we've seen since January til now. It feels like there's too many weak spots when you look at the players that we'll need to play still. In two games time I could be saying that it was more than enough because everyone in the team looks like a new player. But we're going into Monday in horrendous form, so it'll be up to the team to change my mind.

Unread 19-08-2022, 07:01 PM
The taste of...

Remember when Sir Feghorn thought David Hirst then Dion Dublin was the answer….. Eric never on the radar?

Who knows what the £#%&! will happen

Unread 19-08-2022, 07:21 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Considering it was 9 months ago that we appointed that Ralf Rangnick guy, and that was when work was supposed to begin on the 2022 summer transfer window, its been an utter shambles.

This Murtough idiot clocking up more air miles than Michael Palin chasing every player under the sun (and their mum).

The club is the biggest laughing stock in European football when it comes to transfers. #GlazersOut
All of that isn't in doubt. The question is: was the result (if we get the last 2) be acceptable? Regardless of the road it took to get there. Has the scattergun approach magically worked (through luck, not skill)?

Unread 19-08-2022, 07:26 PM
Sparky***

No, i'm not happy.

I don't care about signings any more. I want the Glazers gone. That's what i care about.

Unread 19-08-2022, 07:30 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
No, i'm not happy.

Unread 19-08-2022, 07:43 PM
AK14

Unread 19-08-2022, 09:16 PM
Neo

Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
All of that isn't in doubt. The question is: was the result (if we get the last 2) be acceptable? Regardless of the road it took to get there. Has the scattergun approach magically worked (through luck, not skill)?
Eriksen - freebie from Brentford, and a sensible squad upgrade on Mata and Lingard. Tidy footballer, but not exactly going to boss games against the big teams. Looked very average so far, and I question his pace and energy.

Malacia - could be a decent prospect, and a nice bargain-bin transfer fee. Hopefully nails down a starting XI spot ahead of that turd Shaw. Looks extremely raw though and will need time.

Martinez - seems like a desperate signing after Timber turned us down and we had no other options. Jury well and truly out so far. Looks good on the ball, but question if he can bring the composure we're dying for at the back.

Antony - don't know enough about him, and wouldn't be a pressing need if Sancho didn't look so awful. £100m is insanity.

Casemiro - experienced, world-class pro signed in a position we've badly needed to upgrade. Stinks of a mercenary, and I would have preferred a younger player, tbh, such as the one Madrid signed to replace him way back in June.

So overall, I'm not that happy, but if De Jong joins, and we keep hold of Ronaldo, it will end up being a good window.

Unread 19-08-2022, 09:28 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Eriksen - freebie from Brentford, and a sensible squad upgrade on Mata and Lingard. Tidy footballer, but not exactly going to boss games against the big teams. Looked very average so far, and I question his pace and energy.

Malacia - could be a decent prospect, and a nice bargain-bin transfer fee. Hopefully nails down a starting XI spot ahead of that turd Shaw. Looks extremely raw though and will need time.

Martinez - seems like a desperate signing after Timber turned us down and we had no other options. Jury well and truly out so far. Looks good on the ball, but question if he can bring the composure we're dying for at the back.

Antony - don't know enough about him, and wouldn't be a pressing need if Sancho didn't look so awful. £100m is insanity.

Casemiro - experienced, world-class pro signed in a position we've badly needed to upgrade. Stinks of a mercenary, and I would have preferred a younger player, tbh, such as the one Madrid signed to replace him way back in June.

So overall, I'm not that happy, but if De Jong joins, and we keep hold of Ronaldo, it will end up being a good window.
Perfectly put in the main, but I'd jettison Ronaldo and sign another forward.

Unread 19-08-2022, 10:35 PM
ZiggyStardust

We’ll have to find out who we sign between now and the close of the window as I feel there will be at least 2 more signings

Hard to know how to feel about Utd transfer windows these days as I thought Varane and Sancho were smart transfers last summer and would potentially push us onto another level and instead we had the worst season in Utd’s modern history

We could be looking at spending nearly 150 million on Eredivisie players which really worries me
Usually the one good thing about signing from the Dutch league is that they are generally fairly priced but they’re very hit and miss

Maybe there’s been more clarity behind the scenes than we think but on the face of it this transfer window has looked a complete shambles

In the end the signings will judged by how well they perform on the pitch rather than the perception at the time we sign them however I really hope in future windows we can become savvier smarter operators in the transfer market

Unread 20-08-2022, 12:47 AM
big chief

Antony looks awful. Nani was miles better - sadly was always in the shadow of Ronaldo
Closed Thread