United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-01-2013, 06:55 PM
Spiffy

Default There's no bigger club in Premier League than Liverpool

Quote:
Liverpool's Daniel Sturridge says there is no bigger club than Liverpool in the Premier League, ahead of Sunday's game against Manchester United.
The 23-year-old striker signed for the Reds on 2 January from Chelsea and has also played for current champions Manchester City.

"It is the biggest club I have ever played for," Sturridge told Liverpool's official website.
"In the Premier League, there is no bigger club than Liverpool."
Liverpool and United are the two most decorated clubs in the top flight.
In terms of league titles, United have 19 compared to Liverpool's 18, while the Merseysiders have five European Cup wins to the Old Trafford side's three.
Sturridge scored on his Liverpool debut as his new side beat Mansfield in the FA Cup and is grateful to Reds boss Brendan Rodgers for signing him.

"I thank the boss for giving me an opportunity to play for a club like this and I thank God for making it possible," added Sturridge.
"For the manager to pay money for me and to have faith in me and show everybody around the world that he is prepared to take a chance on me, I don't think I'll ever be able to repay him for that.
"As a young player, when you play for big clubs you can sometimes get caught up in it and you never get another opportunity to play for another big club.
"So I'm grateful the manager has given me this chance and that he believes in me. I'm just glad to be here."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20948372

Unread 08-01-2013, 07:03 PM
Switching Off

Page 1 of the vermin handbook for new players. Bet they love Big Ridgers' for it too.

Unread 08-01-2013, 07:04 PM
Spiffy

The biggest team in the Premier League has never won it. MOTWYW.

Unread 08-01-2013, 07:13 PM
Aman27deep

RAWK must be loving him now. Wonder if the scousers can afford a new shirt with his name on the back.

Unread 08-01-2013, 07:14 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

he makes it sound as if brenton has gone without buying his fat wife food to get him there

Unread 08-01-2013, 07:16 PM
Sparky***

who £#%&!ing cares

Unread 08-01-2013, 07:17 PM
red @rmy

Murdering @#%&!s. Spurs are bigger than those bin dipping @#%&!s thesedays.

Unread 08-01-2013, 07:25 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
who £#%&!ing cares
This. It's meaningless point-scoring, dick-swinging etc. Let them think what they want. In football you aren't big or small; you're relevant or irrelevant.

Unread 08-01-2013, 07:25 PM
BarryX

Define big. Big like how? Big like the most supporters? Or big in terms of square meters ?? Or, perhaps, big as in terms of numers of staff?? No. Big in this instance means biggest bunch of @#%&!s in the history of great British sport and I must say I agree with him wholeheartedly.

Unread 08-01-2013, 07:27 PM
Mr Castro

Biggest self pitying victims

Unread 08-01-2013, 07:28 PM
crossfirehurricane

Ridgers has done his homework on the Par League, then. Fair play.

Unread 08-01-2013, 07:36 PM
£#%&! KFC

they are definitely the biggest murderers in the Premier league if not Europe

Unread 08-01-2013, 07:42 PM
hankvanpersy

Biggest collection of stolen trainers ever

Unread 08-01-2013, 07:44 PM
eusker

It won't be long until they're talking about the height of their floodlights.

Unread 08-01-2013, 07:48 PM
My Name is Keith

That's the version to get the fans onside. He can hardly come out with the real version:

Liverpool's Daniel Sturridge says there isn't a more average club than Liverpool in the Premier League, ahead of Sunday's game against Manchester United.
The 23-year-old striker signed for the Reds on 2 January from Chelsea and has also played for current champions Manchester City.

"It's easily the most average side I have ever played for and I include City in that," Sturridge told Liverpool's official website.

Liverpool and United are the two most decorated clubs in the top flight but the Merseyside club have literally been really quite shit since 1991.
In terms of league titles, United have 19 compared to Liverpool's 18, while the Merseysiders have five European Cup wins to the Old Trafford side's three he added irrelevantly.
Sturridge scored on his Liverpool debut as his new side beat the mighty Mansfield in the FA Cup and is resigned to the fact that Reds boss Brendan Rodgers has signed him.

"To be honest, its a disappointment to have to move to a club like this and I am literally dreading living in the north west again but at the end of the day, I get paid more money than you can shake a shitty stick at so I'll put up with it. On that score, each and every day I thank that imaginary deity in the sky for making it possible for me to be paid millions of pounds for kicking a football about, even if it for a team like Liverpool" added Sturridge.

"For the manager, even if he is sexually suspect, to pay me a transfer fee the size he did and to then pay me oodles of cash each week to kick a ball about makes up for the bitter disappointment I feel in joining this average club. I don't think I'll ever be able to repay his stupidity.

"As a young player, when you play for average clubs you can sometimes get caught up in the shittness of it all and the thought that you'd never get another opportunity to play for another big club.

"And so it is" added Sturridge glumly.

Unread 08-01-2013, 07:49 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
That's the version to get the fans onside. He can hardly come out with the real version:

Liverpool's Daniel Sturridge says there isn't a more average club than Liverpool in the Premier League, ahead of Sunday's game against Manchester United.

"It's easily the most average side I have ever played for and I include City in that," Sturridge told Liverpool's official website.

Liverpool and United are the two most decorated clubs in the top flight but the Merseyside club have literally been really quite shit since 1991.
In terms of league titles, United have 19 compared to Liverpool's 18, while the Merseysiders have five European Cup wins to the Old Trafford side's three he added irrelevantly.
Sturridge scored on his Liverpool debut as his new side beat the mighty Mansfield in the FA Cup and is resigned to the fact that Reds boss Brendan Rodgers has signed him.

"To be honest, its a disappointment to have to move to a club like this and I am literally dreading living in the north west again but at the end of the day, I get paid more money than you can shake a shitty stick at so I'll put up with it. On that score, each and every day I thank that imaginary deity in the sky for making it possible for me to be paid millions of pounds for kicking a football about, even if it for a team like Liverpool" added Sturridge.

"For the manager, even if he is sexually suspect, to pay me a transfer fee the size he did and to then pay me oodles of cash each week to kick a ball about makes up for the bitter disappointment I feel in joining this average club. I don't think I'll ever be able to repay his stupidity.

"As a young player, when you play for average clubs you can sometimes get caught up in the shittness of it all and the thought that you'd never get another opportunity to play for another big club.

stealing that tbh

Unread 08-01-2013, 07:51 PM
andyroo

Quote:

superb.

Unread 08-01-2013, 07:52 PM
Wez

Thumbs up

Quote:

Brilliant

Unread 08-01-2013, 07:58 PM
Aman27deep

Quote:

Take my Rep you magnificent bastard.

Unread 08-01-2013, 08:06 PM
DuanePipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
This. It's meaningless point-scoring, dick-swinging etc. Let them think what they want. In football you aren't big or small; you're relevant or irrelevant.
This is the best summing up I've seen on the topic.

I've heard so many supporters try to put together the perfect algorithm to define a club's bigness. History divided by titles multiplied by median attendance average over x years. All %@#$&!s. There is the tangible; club honours. Then there is the irrelevant; average crowd size. Then the sheer %@#$&!s; founder member status, number of Facebook 'likes' etc.

When you find your team 18th in the N-Power Championship you realise very quickly that it's all about relevance (or more to the point, irrelevance).
Closed Thread