United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-01-2008, 03:19 PM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
If Robbie Savage was Irish he'd be at a press conference at sunderland today.
He's supposed to be on his way for £2million

Unread 09-01-2008, 03:20 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
He's supposed to be on his way for £2million
in the summer

Unread 09-01-2008, 03:24 PM
Argentina

Quote:
in the summer
I have never seen you put a smiley ever.

You feeling expressive today?

Unread 09-01-2008, 03:24 PM
believe

Quote:
If Robbie Savage was Irish he'd be at a press conference at sunderland today.
or an ex united player

Unread 09-01-2008, 04:34 PM
chorleyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
or an ex united player

err he is

Unread 09-01-2008, 04:57 PM
Grimson

"He's never going to give you confidence, he doesn't talk to lads."

To be fair, that is entirely different to "Keane not speaking to players." I take the above to mean he doesn't go out of his way to be conversational, or encouraging, or what have you. But it surely doesn't mean he is literally not speaking to any of the players.

Unread 09-01-2008, 06:02 PM
Tumescent Throb

Agree there Grimson.

Also this bit made me think the story might just be a tad anti Keane!

"Keane famously walked out of the Republic of Ireland's 2002 World Cup campaign in Japan, claiming manager Mick McCarthy's training regime did not meet his exacting demands."

The training facilities were a £#%&!ing shambles, and the regime itself was %@#$&!sed as a result; Keane was the only one who spoke out. I doubt he regrets his reaction, though I imagine he still gently seethes at the amateurish set up that allowed Ireland to be based there - and at the cowards who failed to back him.

Unread 09-01-2008, 06:34 PM
penguin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Not being funny but loads of managers have taken teams straight up from that division. Keegan, Dalglish, Royle, Dowie, McCarthy etc. How many of them do you rate? It doesn't mean that they can cut it at the highest level.

.............and Tommy Docherty!
Closed Thread