United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-04-2010, 10:33 PM
forzagarza

Default Re: Fergie is best ever - Andy Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by les vagas
he's been with us 24 years and counting?
That's actually quite scary

Unread 16-04-2010, 10:36 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Reminds me of what Alan Green once said about Gaz Nev about a decade ago:

"He has been great for United, but can he carry that up to the next level?"

Of course, by "next level" he meant the England team. In his world, England > United
Bad enough when someone like Hoddle says it - but Alan £#%&!ing Green. Never kicked a ball in his life. A odious turd.

Unread 16-04-2010, 11:10 PM
red in cumbria

I thought you would have been in sympathy with his (alleged) political leanings, at least

Unread 16-04-2010, 11:13 PM
carlosartorial

Thumbs up Re: Fergie is best ever - Andy Cole

Love Andy Cole. Stroppy @#%&! but a top red.

Unread 17-04-2010, 12:03 AM
Darth Vidic

Quote:
Cole: Fergie is Outstanding.

Unread 17-04-2010, 04:09 AM
Grimson

Someone liked it!

Unread 17-04-2010, 06:04 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmike
Nobody does sarcasm better imo.
needed two chances to make it stick though

Unread 17-04-2010, 08:24 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
Bad enough when someone like Hoddle says it - but Alan £#%&!ing Green. Never kicked a ball in his life. A odious turd.
Green out wogans wogan when it comes to the faux shows of love for engerlund and all things engerlundish. He must feel he has to big up the national team in order to gain acceptance by the natives. quite sad really as he'll always be some irish @#%&! in most peoples eyes.

Unread 17-04-2010, 11:56 AM
BigRon

Fergie should have retired in 08 imo. riding high on champs league/premiership dominance after rebuilding the team through some turbulent times, would have been the perfect time for fergie to bow out and hand the reins over.

My biggest fear is that fergie will leave us as we're in decline I trust him to rebuild the team again, but he's going to need the backing of the glazers financially and it doesn't look like that's gonna happen. Saf deserved to go out riding high, ill be £#%&!ing gutted if instead he leaves after becoming the glazers prized puppet telling us our decline was inevitable.

Unread 17-04-2010, 12:01 PM
Sullingtons

blue @#%&!.

Unread 17-04-2010, 12:04 PM
Darth Vidic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRon
Fergie should have retired in 08 imo. riding high on champs league/premiership dominance after rebuilding the team through some turbulent times, would have been the perfect time for fergie to bow out and hand the reins over.

My biggest fear is that fergie will leave us as we're in decline I trust him to rebuild the team again, but he's going to need the backing of the glazers financially and it doesn't look like that's gonna happen. Saf deserved to go out riding high, ill be £#%&!ing gutted if instead he leaves after becoming the glazers prized puppet telling us our decline was inevitable.
We were on the verge of becoming a side that could dominate at home and in europe, there was no way he would walk away from that.

Unread 17-04-2010, 12:58 PM
BigRon

Were we on the verge of becoming that team though? I don't think so. fergie knew we were selling ronaldo and he knew he wouldn't get that money back to strengthen the squad. why do you think we're signing scholes up for another year? because the money isn't there. ill believe these stories about milner when hes here. more likely to see joe cole on a free.

I dunno why people are getting so angry over my opinion, fact is it makes a lot of sense when you think about it. but most people are blinded by nostalgia and unable to face the truth, the scholes thread is proof of that.

And anyone calling me a scouser or a bertie better watch out, ill rip your toenails off one by one and superglue them to your tongue.

Unread 17-04-2010, 01:19 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRon
And anyone calling me a scouser or a bertie better watch out, ill rip your toenails off one by one and superglue them to your tongue.
£#%&! off you dick

Unread 17-04-2010, 01:37 PM
Darth Vidic

Quote:
Were we on the verge of becoming that team though?
We were until we bought Berbatov, broke up our previous attack and changed the dynamics of the side. Then last season Ronaldo left and we didn't bring many players in.

Edit - There's also the emergence of Rio's injury problems, and Scholes' decline. Scholes can't continually and pass and look to receive the ball back anymore, so we've either needed to bring someone in or have Carrick step up but neither has happened. Those are big factors as well.

Unread 17-04-2010, 01:43 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vidic
We were until we bought Berbatov, broke up our previous attack and changed the dynamics of the side. Then last season Ronaldo left and we didn't bring many players in.
If we'd concentrated on getting Saha right and healthy and happy and brought in a CM instead, we'd be in a far better position now, whether we lost Ronaldo or not.

Unread 17-04-2010, 01:49 PM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
If we'd concentrated on getting Saha right and healthy and happy and brought in a CM instead, we'd be in a far better position now, whether we lost Ronaldo or not.
Was never going to happen. His head was £#%&!ed and United was too big of a stage for him.

Unread 17-04-2010, 01:55 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dueling Banjos
Was never going to happen. His head was £#%&!ed and United was too big of a stage for him.
Not sure about the stage bit, did well whenever he was fit and it was United that caused the damage, injury wise, by all accounts.

Unread 17-04-2010, 05:35 PM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Not sure about the stage bit, did well whenever he was fit and it was United that caused the damage, injury wise, by all accounts.
Definitely too big of a stage for him. Heard it from several ex-first teamers. Never, ever felt he was fit.
Closed Thread