United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-10-2009, 07:34 PM
£#%&! KFC

Default Re: 3 best players on the pitch combine for that goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
The goals being spread around is one of the most encouraging aspects of this start to the season. All of our central midfield players, Scholes, Anderson, Fletcher and Carrick are off the mark, Giggs and Nani as well and the strikers look to have goals in them.

We started the season looking like very reliant on Rooney to score. He has been slightly off the boil in the last few games and other players have taken responsibility, very encouraging.

35-40 goals from our midfield group of Carrick, Scholes, Anderson, Fletcher, Hargreaves, Giggs, Valencia, Nani and Park should be a target, capable of more, 11 games in and that group already have 8 between them.
I said that last week after the Citeh game when Fletcherson weighed in with a couple

defo nice to see the goals getting spread around although would like to see Vidic threaten more

Berbs will bag a couple on Saturday

Unread 01-10-2009, 07:43 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
Hope so.
He hasn't scored at Old Trafford for a while.

One thing about last night that I've noticed a few times already this season (& in the recent past in general) is our inability to make the most of counter-attacks. How many times the final ball is 'loose' when we're 3 on 2 or whatever.
I think we £#%&!ed up about half a dozen of those against Arsenal.
Happened 3 or 4 times last night.

We get a bit careless.
If we were more ruthless we'd be destroying teams.

Unread 01-10-2009, 07:43 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
I said that last week after the Citeh game when Fletcherson weighed in with a couple

defo nice to see the goals getting spread around although would like to see Vidic threaten more

Valencia could do with a goal as well, missed a couple of good chances recently, with a bit more variety to his movement he could be very dangerous, coming in off the line with his speed and strength. Tended to keep it simple so far, but a bit of confidence that a goal would bring could help him.

Unread 01-10-2009, 07:45 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Hope so.
He hasn't scored at Old Trafford for a while.

One thing about last night that I've noticed a few times already this season (& in the recent past in general) is our inability to make the most of counter-attacks. How many times the final ball is 'loose' when we're 3 on 2 or whatever.
I think we £#%&!ed up about half a dozen of those against Arsenal.
Happened 3 or 4 times last night.

We get a bit careless.
If we were more ruthless we'd be destroying teams.
yeah Berbs and Nani both missed on the break against Arsenal and we have been wasteful at home a few times this season especially last night

not overly worried about Berbs lack of goals at OT he was great last night but would be nice to see him score a couple on Saturday defo

Unread 01-10-2009, 07:46 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Valencia could do with a goal as well, missed a couple of good chances recently, with a bit more variety to his movement he could be very dangerous, coming in off the line with his speed and strength. Tended to keep it simple so far, but a bit of confidence that a goal would bring could help him.
he needs a goal for his confidence, really poor miss against Stoke and should have scored last night when Berbs sent him through but been quite impressed overall although he needs to kick on

Unread 01-10-2009, 07:50 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
not overly worried about Berbs lack of goals at OT he was great last night but would be nice to see him score a couple on Saturday defo
As long as we're winning games there's no problem.
Like you say though, it'd be great if he went on a bit of a run.
He's more than capable of it...I get the feeling sometimes that he's still slightly overawed of United & being a United player.
Valencia could do with a goal too. He's missed 2 very similar chances in the last 2 games.
It's all about confidence with those players I think.
Closed Thread