United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 03-04-2011, 08:16 AM
wee man

Default Re: *Official* West Ham v United Match Thread - Teams, Links and We're BAAAAAACK!

What a couple of buys Hernandez and Smalling are looking. Can argue all day about the lack of funds from the Glazers for "big" signings - but would anyone swap these 2 for a couple of so called established stars.

Unread 03-04-2011, 08:51 AM
My Name is Keith

Default Re: *Official* West Ham v United Match Thread - Teams, Links and We're BAAAAAACK!

just....

Unread 03-04-2011, 08:54 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
just....
Agreed. Onto Stamford Bridge then beat Fulham.

It's on.

Unread 03-04-2011, 08:55 AM
Bunker Buster

I think we may just do it....

Great day.

Unread 03-04-2011, 09:02 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
love this quote from fergie
Pissed myself when Fergie said that.

Unread 03-04-2011, 09:33 AM
borsuk

just listening to the 606 phone in with mike parry (), piss funny. i was expecting the usual think of the children faux outrage but £#%&! me

starts off with that gobby rent-a-quote imbecile robbie savage telling us that his kid called him and didn't even mention that he (savage) had scored because he was all upset at 'that wayne rooney using a bad word'

then an aussie dipper caller says liverpool need half a dozen players and will struggle to attract world-class talent without european football next season, but he gets cut off with "i think you'll find one of the reasons they appointed kenny dalglish is that great players from around the world will come and play for him" obviously going a bit far off topic there but not to worry because there's an apology to read...

"rooney has issued an apology for his behaviour, the behaviour that you've already highlighted and said, as a professional footballer, unacceptable, and as a father not the sort of thing you want your lads at home to be listening to... the expletives he used today have shocked a lot of people, not least robbie savage and, more importantly, robbie savage's sons"

[SIZE="4"]the children

[SIZE="5"]oh the humanity

[SIZE="6"]will nobody think of the chidren

download it, it's £#%&!ing hilarious

Unread 03-04-2011, 09:55 AM
wee man

Quote:
just listening to the 606 phone in with mike parry (), piss funny. i was expecting the usual think of the children faux outrage but £#%&! me

starts off with that gobby rent-a-quote imbecile robbie savage telling us that his kid called him and didn't even mention that he (savage) had scored because he was all upset at 'that wayne rooney using a bad word'

then an aussie dipper caller says liverpool need half a dozen players and will struggle to attract world-class talent without european football next season, but he gets cut off with "i think you'll find one of the reasons they appointed kenny dalglish is that great players from around the world will come and play for him" obviously going a bit far off topic there but not to worry because there's an apology to read...

"rooney has issued an apology for his behaviour, the behaviour that you've already highlighted and said, as a professional footballer, unacceptable, and as a father not the sort of thing you want your lads at home to be listening to... the expletives he used today have shocked a lot of people, not least robbie savage and, more importantly, robbie savage's sons"

[SIZE="4"]the children

[SIZE="5"]oh the humanity

[SIZE="6"]will nobody think of the chidren

download it, it's £#%&!ing hilarious
Is Mike Parry doing this now ? Great wummer is Parry. Will give this a listen in future. Stopped listening to it simply because of Alan Green.

Unread 03-04-2011, 10:12 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Match of the day anyone?

Unread 03-04-2011, 12:48 PM
magic_cantona

Thumbs down Re: *Official* West Ham v United Match Thread - Teams, Links and We're BAAAAAACK!

I have no doubt that Rooney will get a 3 match ban for this.And probably Evra will too.

ffs, the camera man should not be allowed to shove his camera in players face if he's worried that the normal 'language' used by todays footballers will be used.What was expecting to hear?

"Bravo Wayne, a fine strike and no mistake!"

"Well thank you very muchly, young Giblet.I'm sure one day you'll also have the good luck to score a trick of the hat.Cheroot anyone?"

If this was anyone else (or any team), you'd hear nothing about it.'Traumatised kids' ffs.Savages are traumatised because their father looks like a really shit transvestite.The @#%&!.Mr Holier Than Thou.

Unread 03-04-2011, 01:11 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
That simply isn't true.

He was (as he always is) involved in all our best attacking moments before his first goal.
His importance to the side (even when not at his best) is often overlooked post-'Transfer Saga'
He's the first name on the teamsheet for so many reasons.
..His penalty was outstanding. Cantona'esque in it's coolness & confidence.

His performances since the turn of the year have been generally excellent - big game player, with goals against City, Chelsea & Arsenal.
Hat-trick today in a crucial away fixture.
Agreed. I've been very critical of him because, frankly, i think he deserved it. I thought the only way he can rectify it is to get his head down and perform. He's done that in recent weeks and is hitting form at just the right time. He's got an extra spring in his step and is looking more like his old self. It's just a shame he doesn't care about children.

Unread 03-04-2011, 01:23 PM
Tronics

anyone got a link for MOTD???

like a gimp i forgot to record it.

Unread 03-04-2011, 01:24 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I have no doubt that Rooney will get a 3 match ban for this.And probably Evra will too.

ffs, the camera man should not be allowed to shove his camera in players face if he's worried that the normal 'language' used by todays footballers will be used.What was expecting to hear?

"Bravo Wayne, a fine strike and no mistake!"

"Well thank you very muchly, young Giblet.I'm sure one day you'll also have the good luck to score a trick of the hat.Cheroot anyone?"

If this was anyone else (or any team), you'd hear nothing about it.'Traumatised kids' ffs.Savages are traumatised because their father looks like a really shit transvestite.The @#%&!.Mr Holier Than Thou.
i don't know about you magic but my mind went back to january 2000

Unread 03-04-2011, 01:26 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
anyone got a link for MOTD???

like a gimp i forgot to record it.
http://www.footballtorrent.com/2011/...otd-bbc-1.html

Unread 03-04-2011, 01:28 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

the traumatising kids thing is brilliant. I just can't believe they can keep a straight face while they say it.
I do love the newspaper's hypocracy of printing words like £#%&! and in the same story lambast those that speak it. ANd don't give me shit about kids not reading newspapers.

Unread 03-04-2011, 01:56 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

What makes me laugh is how sky's numerous boom mics all around the ground routinely pick up 40,000 people singing "the referees a £#%&!er" / "sit down you peadophile" and much worse yet its outright ignored. Sky are the ones who should be held accountable if anythin

Unread 03-04-2011, 02:10 PM
elephantstone

Collymore makes me sick, a self confessed woman beater and dogger slagging Rooney whilst the former jailbird Mick Quinn sticks the boot in. At least the drink driver Alan brazil stuck up for him.

Unread 03-04-2011, 02:16 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
Collymore makes me sick, a self confessed woman beater and dogger slagging Rooney whilst the former jailbird Mick Quinn sticks the boot in. At least the drink driver Alan brazil stuck up for him.
That's the way Talksport operate though - they'l always make sure they have opposing points of view.

Unread 03-04-2011, 02:21 PM
Tronics

Quote:

Unread 03-04-2011, 02:24 PM
The Return of JC

Footballers are not role models either. Never have been. Not their job. Even if they were, any parent who would want a footballer to be a role model is a £#%&!ing idiot.

Unread 03-04-2011, 02:28 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Footballers are not role models either. Never have been. Not their job. Even if they were, any parent who would want a footballer to be a role model is a £#%&!ing idiot.
Don't think they mean role-model in the context of general life mate. More in the footballer role model scenario - what an 8 year old sees a Premiership player doing on tv they think it's ok to go out and do that in the park or a game.