United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-06-2008, 01:12 PM
Harri Jaffa

Default IF Ronaldo says he is going to go in one year Fergie will £#%&! him off straight away

Ronaldo and his agent know this

Its a clever move - it saves him a load of cash, not having to hand in a transfer request

10% of the transfer cost as I understand it

Unread 04-06-2008, 01:16 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa

Its a clever move - it saves him a load of cash, not having to hand in a transfer request

wow! someone who knows what he is talking about. you're bang on.

Ronaldo won't hand in a transfer request because he wants utd to pay his contract off (probably about £10m), even though it's him forcing the move.

it's a nasty world.

nft.

Unread 04-06-2008, 01:19 PM
BarryX

Quote:

Not sure how it will be played by the powers that be, upstairs, but if he comes out and says it publicly how will the fans react ?

Unread 04-06-2008, 01:21 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teville
Not sure how it will be played by the powers that be, upstairs, but if he comes out and says it publicly how will the fans react ?
Ronaldo will say nowt.

nft.

Unread 04-06-2008, 01:22 PM
dodger

Quote:
He won't. He doesn't have to say anything in public, certainly nothing true anyway.

Unread 04-06-2008, 01:28 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
wow! someone who knows what he is talking about. you're bang on.

Ronaldo won't hand in a transfer request because he wants utd to pay his contract off (probably about £10m), even though it's him forcing the move.

it's a nasty world.

nft.

Exactly

He has no loyalty

I'm not saying that he is definitly going to go (although I'm 99% sure he will)

He has always loved Real Madrid, he loves Figo, he's got a clever agent etc etc - its not £#%&!ing rocket science.

If anything winning the CL is probably the final straw - He's 'proven' himself here (or at least he thinks so) so he is going to get his dream move for maximum status and maximum value.

Unread 04-06-2008, 01:32 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
He won't. He doesn't have to say anything in public, certainly nothing true anyway.
Reckon we could see toys out the pram...if not from him, from those around him and of course Real. What will the reaction be ? Will we still sing his name knowing that he doesn't want to play for us ? ooooo the drama.

Unread 04-06-2008, 01:32 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Do you think he's really that bothered.

Mendes has been whispering sweet nothings to him for years

With his stock so high right now, Mendes will be making sure he's being told how great he will be at Madrid, how he doesn;t need to worry about United because he has already helped us and that it's time for him to fulfill his dream move.

Mendes probably has it playing to him in his sleep ffs

I'm quite sure that Ronaldo will move to Madrid guilt free

Unread 04-06-2008, 01:33 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Thumbs up

I don't know, but at least we got another thread about it rather than putting it in the umpteen that already exist.

giddy up

Unread 04-06-2008, 01:35 PM
Tronics

SAF won't have it.

Surprised they'd come up with 1 year though.

Will be shame to see him rot on the bench.

He might aswell go no imo, will save us and him a whole lot of aggro.

antonin jablonsky

So if he says nothing, why would the club have to do anything?

BarryX

Quote:
Do you think he's really that bothered.

Mendes has been whispering sweet nothings to him for years

With his stock so high right now, Mendes will be making sure he's being told how great he will be at Madrid, how he doesn;t need to worry about United because he has already helped us and that it's time for him to fulfill his dream move.

Mendes probably has it playing to him in his sleep ffs

I'm quite sure that Ronaldo will move to Madrid guilt free
my point is what will the reaction be from fans if its clear he doesn't want to play for us, and yet we don't sell. right here and now, this is how it looks like it will play out.

Unread 04-06-2008, 01:36 PM
Spiffy

We should all boo him. It wont happen though as people will be kidding themselves he'll change his mind. We should use this to send a message out to our players that even if the manager is taking the supporters for granted, the players never should. I think we all know he'll be hero worshipped until he £#%&!s off and then we'll still have people who call him a legend.

Unread 04-06-2008, 01:40 PM
Whalefish

I'm going to kick him in the #@&%!.

Unread 04-06-2008, 01:42 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I'm going to kick him in the #@&%!.
swift punch to the ovaries should do it. because he's clearly not got any balls.

Unread 04-06-2008, 01:45 PM
The Watcher

And Viva Ronaldo was such a good chant too, with all the scarf waving and that. Gutted it'll have to stop

Unread 04-06-2008, 01:47 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
my point is what will the reaction be from fans if its clear he doesn't want to play for us, and yet we don't sell. right here and now, this is how it looks like it will play out.
My point is that Fergie will sell him

He has built his teams by ensuring that all players will fight for the team. If he makes it clear he doesn't want to be here, Fergie will sell him.

Talk of rotting in the reserves is rubbish - Fergie has never and will never work like that - You can;t build up a seige mentality like that and he knows it will filter through to the rest of the squad.

Unread 04-06-2008, 02:10 PM
BarryX

Quote:
My point is that Fergie will sell him

He has built his teams by ensuring that all players will fight for the team. If he makes it clear he doesn't want to be here, Fergie will sell him.

Talk of rotting in the reserves is rubbish - Fergie has never and will never work like that - You can;t build up a seige mentality like that and he knows it will filter through to the rest of the squad.
Despite how highly we may rate some of our past players I can't think of once, in my lifetime, that we've genuinely had the world's best player on our team put in a transfer request (even this overt one). As Fergie said, we sell who we want to sell, not who those who don't want to play for us..

Its a strange one this. Guess Sniffer hit the nail on the head, with his thoughts that people will kid themselves he has had a change of heart (if he stays without a new contract).

Boonaldo ?

Unread 04-06-2008, 02:32 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Despite how highly we may rate some of our past players I can't think of once, in my lifetime, that we've genuinely had the world's best player on our team put in a transfer request (even this overt one). As Fergie said, we sell who we want to sell, not who those who don't want to play for us..

Its a strange one this. Guess Sniffer hit the nail on the head, with his thoughts that people will kid themselves he has had a change of heart (if he stays without a new contract).

Boonaldo ?
I can't think of another one either

People normally try to brush it under the carpet a bit but Keane made a bit of a stink when he was the best player in the world 99-00 when he was sorting out his new contract.

He did stay eventually though - I'm not sure that Ronaldo will

Part of the reason apart from Ronaldo's obvious love for all things Madrid is his agent. He will be made up if Ronaldo moves and I doubt for one second he is asking Ronaldo to consider any loyalty to the people that have made him who he his.

Its not an excuse though - Ronaldo is a clever boy and I guess he thinks that Fergie is no longer sticking with

Unread 04-06-2008, 02:44 PM
hellvellen

The real problem is that Madrid do not have a pot to piss in. They would need the income Ronaldo would generate to finance his own transfer over instalments and any initial payment would need to be covered by sales.
Closed Thread