United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-01-2021, 05:34 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Number one priority is to win trophy's pal, i am just being realistic, we have a much better chance at the FA cup than we do the league.

The league is false hope if we are all being honest with ourselves. Don't get me wrong I am enjoying it but it wont last.
Pretty much word-for-word exactly what ole said at halftime yesterday, so I’m told.

Unread 07-01-2021, 06:11 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Number one priority is to win trophy's pal, i am just being realistic, we have a much better chance at the FA cup than we do the league and we were one game away from a final last night.

The league is false hope if we are all being honest with ourselves. Don't get me wrong I am enjoying it but it wont last.

If we were playing Liverpool away in the cup then away in the league a week later and everything else was the same, id chose a cup win all day long.
Yeah, who wants to go three points clear of Liverpool at the top of the league with a game in hand when there's the prestigious energy drink cup to be won.

And you saying its false hope us being top doesn't mean much because you're £#%&!ing clueless. You were saying Liverpool were in consistent top form the other month after drawing against Fulham. Since then they've drawn against West Brom and Newcastle, and lost to Southampton.

£#%&!ing three handle cup semi final bigger than next weeks game against Liverpool

Have a word with yourself.

Unread 07-01-2021, 06:15 PM
Vida_15

Quote:
Number one priority is to win trophy's pal, i am just being realistic, we have a much better chance at the FA cup than we do the league and we were one game away from a final last night.

If we were playing Liverpool away in the cup then away in the league a week later and everything else was the same, id chose a cup win all day long.
the league is the priority not the FA Cup and the league will always be the priority.

We're in a position to challenge to win the league which hasn't taken place in almost 8 years so we have to prioritize the league over the FA Cup or even Europa.

There are too many teams close to the top 4 that we can be £#%&!ing about and worrying about the FA Cup when we need to push on in the league and deal with the Europa league when it comes.

Unread 07-01-2021, 06:24 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vida_15
the league is the priority not the FA Cup and the league will always be the priority.

We're in a position to challenge to win the league which hasn't taken place in almost 8 years so we have to prioritize the league over the FA Cup or even Europa.

There are too many teams close to the top 4 that we can be £#%&!ing about and worrying about the FA Cup when we need to push on in the league and deal with the Europa league when it comes.
All of this, you prioritise the league +1

The +1 for me being the FA cup.....

£#%&! the Europa off, make changes for the FA cup but go full tilt at the league.....

Unread 07-01-2021, 06:30 PM
jem

the league should be top priority way above everything else. and there is no point in looking to the liverpool game when we have to play burnley first. if players look tired against burnley because they played against watford, ole needs a slap.

Unread 07-01-2021, 06:36 PM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Yeah, who wants to go three points clear of Liverpool at the top of the league with a game in hand when there's the prestigious energy drink cup to be won.

And you saying its false hope us being top doesn't mean much because you're f***ing clueless. You were saying Liverpool were in consistent top form the other month after drawing against Fulham. Since then they've drawn against West Brom and Newcastle, and lost to Southampton.

f***ing three handle cup semi final bigger than next weeks game against Liverpool

Have a word with yourself.
Cringe at that tbh... Ahh the prestigious 3 points clear of Liverpool in January Trophy

Stop trying so hard to be a top red pal and be realistic.

We were 2 wins from a trophy, we are 22 games from a title which numerous other teams are going for.

Last night was a bigger game for the club than Liverpool imo. You make out if we beat Liverpool we win the league, win lose or draw nothing is decided in f***ing January and because of that i would take defeat at Anfield to win last night, so sorry if that doesn't make me a top red.

Lose at Anfield we could still win the league, win at Anfield we could still lose the league, its January. Now the Liverpool home game 5 games from the end, that could be a big important game for the club.

Finally before I lose top red points i am not saying Liverpool isn't a huge game (for the fans) it is and without doubt the one i want to win more than any other

Unread 07-01-2021, 06:53 PM
Bunker Buster

Last night was bigger than Liverpool

Never read so much shit in my life Barca.

Unread 07-01-2021, 07:05 PM
Vida_15

Looks like Liverpools FA Cup game against Villa is going to be postponed....so they have a nice long break until we play them while we still have matches against Watford and Burnley

Unread 07-01-2021, 07:21 PM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Last night was bigger than Liverpool

Never read so much shit in my life Barca.
Last night would have been bigger if we were playing Stockport let alone City.

Agree to disagree.

Unread 07-01-2021, 07:23 PM
MUFC One Love

Also lets have it right. Not long ago it looked like we would do well just get in the top 4. Yeah we still may have a slump and not get in it, but if we aim for the top we will finish 2nd or 3rd and are back in the CL.

It's great even being mentioned in a title race. Enjoy it.

Yeah we probably wont win it and I dont think we will but you never know. Football is weird atm.

Unread 07-01-2021, 07:24 PM
dragflick

Quote:

Agree to disagree.
What? A league cup tie against Stockport bigger than Liverpool at Anfield when we’re on level points with them at the top of the league? You must be on a £#%&!ing wum here

Unread 07-01-2021, 07:27 PM
jem

when we were mid-table, top spot was indeed a pipe dream. but we're not mid-table any more.

Unread 07-01-2021, 07:30 PM
Bunker Buster

Cool

Quote:

Agree to disagree.
Can't and won't.....

Stockport £#%&!ing county in the fizzy cup.

Wum

Unread 07-01-2021, 08:31 PM
ScarFace

Thumbs down

Just when i thought we could whisper, Ole pulls me back in again.

We won't beat Burnley.

Unread 07-01-2021, 08:56 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlabane
Thought Ole's comment last night were spot on, if they played well we would need to play very well to beat them and we are a better team than this time last year.
They would hardly have played against us in the recent league game like they did, were it otherwise.

Unread 07-01-2021, 09:56 PM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
What? A league cup tie against Stockport bigger than Liverpool at Anfield when we’re on level points with them at the top of the league? You must be on a f***ing wum here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Can't and won't.....

Stockport f***ing county in the fizzy cup.

Wum
A league cup semi final against anyone is bigger than a league game when there is more than half a season left. No wum.

Unread 07-01-2021, 10:18 PM
ryanMUFC

There’s no point playing down last nights defeat, I think the club needs a trophy and so does the manager.

We didn’t priorities anything last night, we were second best. We were set up to match them, not beat them.

Remember getting stick for suggesting we should have sacked off the Europa Last season by some oddballs on here...in favor of preparing for the league.

Unread 07-01-2021, 10:22 PM
ScarFace

If we had a few pens or Bruno turned up, we'd have won it.

There is no plan B.

Unread 09-01-2021, 11:04 PM
Cream

Spoke to my blue dad. He asked me to look up the fixtures on my magic telephone.

City 5 easyish games.

United a load of rock hard away games.

They’re currently less than 3pts behind us with a game in hand.

Been a good run, lads.

Unread 09-01-2021, 11:14 PM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
They’re currently less than 3pts behind us with a game in hand.
My magic telephone tells me 4 points is more than 3.
Closed Thread