United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-08-2019, 05:14 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
It's also easier to be patient when you haven't suffered 5 years of mostly utter £#%&!ing crap and been the butt of everyone's jokes.
You've been on here 13 years.

Unread 31-08-2019, 05:15 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Oh wow..
Come on now...ffs

Unread 31-08-2019, 05:17 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
You've been on here 13 years.
With 1 more FOTY title than you'll ever have

Unread 31-08-2019, 05:18 PM
ZiggyStardust

He has to take his chance eventually and show he can shoulder the burden of being one of the main men in attack

Martial looks better through the middle and arguably James wide left than Rashford in those positions
Greenwood would be better than him wide right

I like him as he has a lot of great attributes but at end of the day we are Manchester United one of the biggest clubs in the world, we can’t wait forever for Rashford to put his game together

This season for him and Martial is sink or swim if either want to have the attack built around them

Unread 31-08-2019, 05:36 PM
Patty_b

He's been poor in all four games so far, even when he picked up a brace against Chelsea, I don't think he had a particularly good game. But if he has a shit game and scored one or two every game then it's all easily forgiven, but if he's not getting on the score sheet, which is most games at the moment, then he's offering the square root of £#%&! all.

I'm really hoping he comes good and finds consistent good form, whether he gets on the scoresheet or not. But as every game goes by now I'm wondering if we need to start considering whether we can accommodate a flash in the pan type player in a Man United front line just because it's a player we had high hopes for.

Unread 31-08-2019, 05:52 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Come on now...ffs
He’s done you there ffs

Unread 31-08-2019, 06:11 PM
utd99

Quote:
He’s done you there ffs
So you think I really believed Sanchez was going to have a break out season? My God..

Unread 31-08-2019, 06:28 PM
dunk

Quote:
So you think I really believed Sanchez was going to have a break out season? My God..
I believe you were calling for his inclusion in the team based on him being good 3 years ago, yes. Because you were. Mainly because he was still an option at that point, but still..

Unread 31-08-2019, 06:31 PM
utd99

Quote:
I believe you were calling for his inclusion in the team based on him being good 3 years ago, yes. Because you were. Mainly because he was still an option at that point, but still..
Well if it were a straight up choice between Lingard, Pereira and Sanchez then yes. If those were the only choices however I wouldn't have much hope.

Unread 31-08-2019, 06:47 PM
dunk

Quote:
Well if it were a straight up choice between Lingard, Pereira and Sanchez then yes. If those were the only choices however I wouldn't have much hope.
Would still pick Sanchez last out of those 3 tbh.

Unread 31-08-2019, 06:51 PM
utd99

Quote:
Would still pick Sanchez last out of those 3 tbh.
Ok.. It feels like arguing about whether you'd rather have measles, mumps or flu though. None of them should be playing for United.

Unread 01-09-2019, 12:10 AM
AK14

Just read something on twitter (yeah I know... ) that since his pay rise he actually earns more than any of Liverpool’s front three?

Do we just hand out huge contracts to anyone these days? Probably why people don’t judge him in the same way as they do other 21 yr olds like James?

If you earn that sort of money you should be better than what we’ve seen so far this season tbf.

Unread 01-09-2019, 12:13 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Just read something on twitter (yeah I know... ) that since his pay rise he actually earns more than any of Liverpool’s front three?

Do we just hand out huge contracts to anyone these days? Probably why people don’t judge him in the same way as they do other 21 yr olds like James?

If you earn that sort of money you should be better than what we’ve seen so far this season tbf.
Why is it his fault what the generally accepted as incompetent Woodward offers him?

Unread 01-09-2019, 12:13 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:

Exactly ....look at the impact James has had this s season already compared to Rashford .....awful decision by Ole and the board to give him a ridiculous new contract ....almost as bad as Pereira and The Scottish Player getting massive pay hikes .....James has shown more passion and fight in his first few games than pretty much all of them

Unread 01-09-2019, 12:16 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Why is it his fault what the generally accepted as incompetent Woodward offers him?
Yeah true.

If I was a united player I’d be telling my agent to get contract talks with woody and the other fella started ASAP tbh.

Crazy way to run a club tbh. these players should be earning these huge contracts yet we’ve seen Shaw, Martial and Rashford given huge pay rises over the last year and they aren’t exactly pulling up trees.

Crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
Exactly ....look at the impact James has had this s season already compared to Rashford .....awful decision by Ole and the board to give him a ridiculous new contract ....almost as bad as Pereira and The Scottish Player getting massive pay hikes .....James has shown more passion and fight in his first few games than pretty much all of them
Don’t think it’s Ole’s decision tbf pal

Unread 01-09-2019, 12:22 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Yeah true.

If I was a united player I’d be telling my agent to get contract talks with woody and the other fella started ASAP tbh.

Crazy way to run a club tbh. these players should be earning these huge contracts yet we’ve seen Shaw, Martial and Rashford given huge pay rises over the last year and they aren’t exactly pulling up trees.

Crazy.

Don’t think it’s Ole’s decision tbf pal
Well if he's getting credit for booting out the shit@#%&!s then he has to have some input on players staying and getting undeserved ridiculous contracts.....he likes to be their mate remember

Unread 01-09-2019, 12:41 AM
dunk

United turn over £600m a season, of course players demand their cut.

Isn’t Liverpool’s turnover about half? So the amount their players can demand is less. It’s pretty simple.

Unread 01-09-2019, 02:14 AM
Brucie

Quote:
United turn over £600m a season, of course players demand their cut.

Isn’t Liverpool’s turnover about half? So the amount their players can demand is less. It’s pretty simple.

But you said recently that it's great Ole is getting rid of shit and halving the wage bill, attributed to players not producing

Rashford is demanding serious wages...He's not producing at all lately...Where is your logic with this?

Genuine question because, you see more than me or some of us but, your posts can come across in a peculiar way. For example, you praise Solskjaer and a certain player and what Ole is "doing" even though it's clear as day we have no identity or way of playing but, you hammered Mourinho, even when he called out the people above him, which is exactly what all of us have been doing.

I don't get it

Unread 01-09-2019, 02:45 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucie
But you said recently that it's great Ole is getting rid of shit and halving the wage bill, attributed to players not producing

Rashford is demanding serious wages...He's not producing at all lately...Where is your logic with this?

Genuine question because, you see more than me or some of us but, your posts can come across in a peculiar way. For example, you praise Solskjaer and a certain player and what Ole is "doing" even though it's clear as day we have no identity or way of playing but, you hammered Mourinho, even when he called out the people above him, which is exactly what all of us have been doing.

I don't get it
United wanted Rashford to stay. His agent walks in knowing what the turnover is and what the wage bill and as a result what his client his worth as a first team regular, marketable asset and future part of that as far as they, and United, are concerned. From what I can tell they went in asking for Sanchez money and agreed at less than Pogba money. Negotiation.

He’d have got half at Liverpool as he’d be half as marketable etc.

Unread 01-09-2019, 03:17 AM
Stickman

I’d love to read this thread in the alternate universe that Mourinho gave Rashford his debut.
Closed Thread