United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-06-2007, 08:55 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Owen Hargreaves is in Manchester today to sign his deal.

According to the Guardian.

Unread 27-06-2007, 09:00 AM
Serenity Now

Look down about ten posts

Unread 27-06-2007, 09:03 AM
antonin jablonsky

Oops. Can't wait towatch BRL and £#%&!wittery_saf throwing themselves off buildings when it happens. Me, I'm £#%&!in' delighted.

Unread 27-06-2007, 09:05 AM
believe

Is he picking up Nani and Anderson on his way? I've heard their bus is stuck in a flood.

Unread 27-06-2007, 09:08 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Is he picking up Nani and Anderson on his way? I've heard their bus is stuck in a flood.
Anderson's not got hiswork permit yet and is also at the Copa America. Not sure about Nani. Just formalities anyway, whatever slapped arse racist sniffer V wants to make out.

Unread 27-06-2007, 09:10 AM
Serenity Now

I'm feeling quite positive about this move now as well, especially in light of the Nani and Anderson signings. He wouldn't have been my first choice and there's no doubt that we're paying too much, but he does look like he should be able to do the job required quite capably. Let's just hope he can stay injury free.

Certainly feeling very excited about the new season! If we can get a decent striker I don't think I'll be able to contain myself

Unread 27-06-2007, 09:12 AM
antonin jablonsky

It's not the price tag that's gonna wear the shirt, it's the player and he's gonna fit in perfectly, exactly like Carrick for whom similar things were said.

Unread 27-06-2007, 09:26 AM
24hr Leavesey

I had honestly forgotten we'd signed him.

I'm glad it's all low key, what with the furore about Nani and Anderson, teams aren't going to consider Hargreaves' impact on our performance until it's too late.

Unread 27-06-2007, 09:45 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
I'm glad it's all low key, what with the furore about Nani and Anderson, teams aren't going to consider Hargreaves' impact on our performance until it's too late.
I actually think Hargreaves will make more of an immediate impact on our side, compared to Nani and Anderson. Like Ronaldo in his first season, I don't expect them to stat regularly. However, Hargreaves will give us much needed urgency and bite in what was, at times, a soft touch midfield last season. Hopefully, his inclusion will mean we close down the opposition higher up the pitch too.

Unread 27-06-2007, 09:47 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
I actually think Hargreaves will make more of an immediate impact on our side, compared to Nani and Anderson. Like Ronaldo in his first season, I don't expect them to stat regularly. However, Hargreaves will give us much needed urgency and bite in what was, at times, a soft touch midfield last season. Hopefully, his inclusion will mean we close down the opposition higher up the pitch too.
Absolutely, by far the most important signing of the summer. He's gonna make a huge positive impact on our team with his pace, energy and aggression in midfield. The other 2 are much more long term prospects and will be bit part players next season I expect.

Unread 27-06-2007, 09:52 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Oops. Can't wait towatch BRL and £#%&!wittery_saf throwing themselves off buildings when it happens. Me, I'm £#%&!in' delighted.
How come I don't get some insulting nickname like legendary saf? Also how come you have done a u turn over the signign as a couple fo years ago when I made some tongue in cheek comment about signing him you post "Oh god I hope not"

Unread 27-06-2007, 09:53 AM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
I'm no tactician but the way the team is shaping up, it looks to me like we'll be playing kinda like Brazil. Yay !

Unread 27-06-2007, 09:56 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
How come I don't get some insulting nickname like legendary saf? Also how come you have done a u turn over the signign as a couple fo years ago when I made some tongue in cheek comment about signing him you post "Oh god I hope not"
Because you're a decent fella unlike the other £#%&!wit, I feel no need to insult you. As to a U-Turn on Hargreaves, not really, more a gradual change of opinion over time as I've watched him play. Would seem odd to base my opinion of him now on the limited amount i'd seen of him 3 years ago. Anyway, it'll bea done deal in a few hours, do you have a tall building picked out yet.

Unread 27-06-2007, 09:58 AM
sharath

Oliver Kay is saying that hargy is coming to town, we have a 6m bid for smith. great.

Unread 27-06-2007, 09:59 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

I still say Jagielka would have been the better option, or even signing Graveson from Celtic.

Unread 27-06-2007, 10:00 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
I'm no tactician but the way the team is shaping up, it looks to me like we'll be playing kinda like Brazil. Yay !
Hopefully, it'll be more like Brazil 1982 then Brazil 2006

Unread 27-06-2007, 10:00 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
I still say Jagielka would have been the better option, or even signing Graveson from Celtic.
Jagielka's likely off to our Champions League rivals Bolton I hear.

Unread 27-06-2007, 10:03 AM
Tincanstretty

Quote:
Totally agree.

I was chuffed when we finally got him and am looking forward to seeing him in the red shirt. No matter what people say with all this not needing ball winners, you do and especially against the top teams who have such strong midfields.
I'm more excited about Hargreaves than Nani and Anderson, but that's probably cos my favourite players over the years have been hardworking battlers who go marauding round looking to get the ball for us - Robson, Ince and Keane...

Unread 27-06-2007, 10:03 AM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharath
we have a 6m bid for smith. great.
I'd read it had been accepted, just waiting for Smudge to come back from his hols - any striker deal hinges on him £#%&!ing off apparently.

At thi moment in time ( I change my mind daily), I reckon we'll get Gudjonsen and Anelka, a net spend of around £11m after you count the Smith transfer fee.

Unread 27-06-2007, 10:04 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Because you're a decent fella unlike the other £#%&!wit, I feel no need to insult you. As to a U-Turn on Hargreaves, not really, more a gradual change of opinion over time as I've watched him play. Would seem odd to base my opinion of him now on the limited amount i'd seen of him 3 years ago. Anyway, it'll bea done deal in a few hours, do you have a tall building picked out yet.
I was thinking of the CIS tower, its a classical choice and steers clear of the obvious tallest building in Manchester the JCL Hilton. I am sure that the Hilton would be the lemming point of choice for the post Euro 96 football fan where as top reds would choose the CIS every time.
Closed Thread