United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-08-2019, 09:01 PM
boreez

Our manager looks a bit like an elf and that’s cozy.

Unread 08-08-2019, 09:04 PM
atticusgrinch

Goldbridge has reached 300,000 subscribers.

Unread 08-08-2019, 09:04 PM
Clownbones

The positivity comes from Ole.

We all know the restrictions all our managers have faced, so its case of working within the restrictions.

We've sold two players who are avatars for the antithesis of our style - Fellaini and Lukaku.

We haven't been held to ransom and just paid up crazy wages - Herrera.

We've identified the defence as a weakness - Valencia gone, shaw reinstated.

Rashford and Martial given a platform/enough rope to hang themselves

The kids coming through will get chances and do look like prospects.... not just Paddy McNair, Donald love making up the numbers.

The three lads in are young, hungry and will grow into the club. Seeing them signing, their families at the club with them felt like a proper throwback to players feeling privileged to play for the club

We need that. We need that mentality and that hunger back.

We all knew this would take a long time to sort. Weve never been further from the top since Fergie left, but this feels like the first part of getting the ship turned round.

A change in style, a change in player profile and building from the back.

Expectations are (rightly) low, so let's hope we can surprise a few and use that to form a bit of steel.

I like what Ole is all about and a win on Sunday would go a long way to bringing some belief into the group.

Unread 08-08-2019, 09:07 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
Good for them. Spread the wealth. We’re the all-time champs and everyone outside this thread is suicidal.
Feel better already

Unread 08-08-2019, 09:18 PM
My Name is Heath

Shoesy has cheered me up.

Slow and steady - the turds are being flushed.

Boreez is right

Ole is a top elf. Champs of Middle Earth next season.

Reminds me of Hansen and you won't win anything with kids.

Our Young Lions will ROAR like Katy Perry this season.

I kissed the badge and I liked It indeed!!

Unread 08-08-2019, 09:23 PM
Bunker Buster

Making top 4 without a shadow of a doubt, then summer we feast in midfielders...

Unread 08-08-2019, 09:25 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Making too 4 without a shadow of a doubt, then summer we feast in midfielders...
To bed!

For we rise early in July and feast on midfielders zesty and know where the goal is and can put a footeth in.

Unread 08-08-2019, 09:49 PM
suedeshoes

At least we're not blues.

Unread 08-08-2019, 11:26 PM
NegativeNorris

Cheered me up a bit has this thread. As has the chubbier chicks thread.

Unread 08-08-2019, 11:40 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
young being given a chance

Unread 09-08-2019, 04:22 AM
Stickman

not too many from me im afraid.

We've made strides towards fixing the defence. Erm, yep thats mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Goldbridge has reached 300,000 subscribers.
Stonks

Unread 09-08-2019, 06:08 AM
Patty_b

If we can score the goals then it could be a better than expected season. Hopefully our young lads upfront can deliver.

Looking forward to seeing Greenwood, The Scottish Player and AWB rip it up as well.

Unread 09-08-2019, 06:43 AM
puressence

cant wait think this lot will surprise people absolutely cant wait to see mason this season , also mins for angel chong and axel .. its not all that bad yep one midfielder would have helped , but maybe fred will start performing scotts a year older has looked immense pre season , and who knows maybe alexis can perform better .

Unread 09-08-2019, 07:11 AM
Cream

We've fixed some glaring issues in the squad.

Also created one by not replacing Herrera/Lukaku.

BUT it could work out for the best. More or less forces reliance on The Scottish Player and Martial.

Let them play through their rough patches, they need that experience.

Squad is probably too shallow to reach 4th but you never know.

Unread 09-08-2019, 07:22 AM
Dasilvatwins

Looks like theyve fixed the RB issue.

The Scottish Player looks like he will have a big season

Academy players will play.

First time since fergie retired the club has zero expectations coming into the start of a season .( it should help the young lads)

...and the big one...from 3rd-20th everybody is equally as shit. Man utd were two games ( huddersfield and palace) from finishing 4th! Its not miles away from them.

Unread 09-08-2019, 07:27 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Looks like theyve fixed the RB issue.

The Scottish Player looks like he will have a big season

Academy players will play.

First time since fergie retired the club has zero expectations coming into the start of a season .( it should help the young lads)

...and the big one...from 3rd-20th everybody is equally as shit. Man utd were two games ( huddersfield and palace) from finishing 4th! Its not miles away from them.
He is ready.

Unread 09-08-2019, 08:29 AM
browser

Thumbs up

Reasons to be cheerful. Part 3

Sorted out the defence
Shifted Lukaku
Ole is putting faith in the youngsters to fill the gaps in the squad. Worked well when LVG did it in terms of development, hope we see the benefits at the end of the season again. Looking forward to Gomes and Greenwood in particular getting game time, they’re good enough.
Our team is rapid now. Red arrows on the counter
The Scottish Player is going to be beastly this year
Perreira can actually take a corner and has the slab to aim at.
No young
No smalling
Saffers £#%&!ed off
Sparky set to implode around Xmas

Unread 09-08-2019, 08:30 AM
Patty_b

We're weaker than a few teams on paper, but over the course of the season then things go right and things go wrong for every team.

Hopefully things go right for us, and wrong for other teams. A couple of injuries for Liverpool can change the entire course of their season.

Take out Salah and their goal could dry up quickly, take out Van Dyke and they might start leaking goals. Spurs were almost impotent without Kane, and even without injury, they're over-reliant on him for goals. If he has a bad season even without injury then Spurs could be struggling.

We're pretty balanced all things considered, it's just our balance doesn't look very good. We're not over-reliant on anyone particularity for goals, and at the moment we're not over reliant on anyone at the back (hopefully that will change with Maguire though). Hopefully everyone in the squad can positively contribute, and if they don't, then they must be £#%&!ed off at the next available opportunity.

It's a win - win for Ole now imo. Either he pulls something out the bag and performs above expectations, and he's considered a genius for getting the best out of the squad. Or we do shit, he gets sacked and becomes the next victim to get caught up under the wheels of Ed's famous bus with all fingers being pointed at the chinless one and his handlers. If that happens then I predict all hell breaking loose.

Unread 09-08-2019, 08:32 AM
flixton

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
We're getting a two week winter break this season
Interesting to see which clubs go on a 2 week winter tour of Middle East as opposed to having an actual rest.

Unread 09-08-2019, 08:36 AM
puressence

ole cant lose like said before , the fans well most bar sparky and his mate will back him all the way , he gets shafted think as said before , that could be the one where theres a riot .
Closed Thread