United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-08-2019, 02:08 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Ridiculous statement our best looking back 5 would be Romero, Tone,Eric , Daley, Ashley.

Worst

Barthez GN, Brucie, Pallister, PN

PHWOAR

Unread 31-08-2019, 11:19 PM
AK14

Obviously woody should be working on trying to do deals for January () but what position is the most important we strengthen?

For me I’m hoping we can get a midfielder in, someone who can sit deep and make things tick over while protecting the defence.

Unread 01-09-2019, 12:43 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
We've spent 130m on defenders which, given that it was without doubt the worst part of our team last season, is a huge step in the right direction.

Wan-Bissaka is a £#%&!ing good player. Really good.

Cut the mistakes out, start keeping clean sheets and we can start building something.

That's it. That's my positive comment for the year.
Cut the mistakes out and start keeping clean sheets.

You £#%&!ing dreamer, Sparky.

Unread 01-09-2019, 12:48 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Cut the mistakes out and start keeping clean sheets.

You £#%&!ing dreamer, Sparky.

Love AWB but he needs to grow a pair when it comes to closing down its cost us two goals do far today and Wolves but he'll only get better unless we ruin him of course

Unread 01-09-2019, 12:56 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
Love AWB but he needs to grow a pair when it comes to closing down its cost us two goals do far today and Wolves but he'll only get better unless we ruin him of course
I dont really think you can put too much blame on him for Neves scoring a worldy and then Lindelof losing yet another header.

If you look at the mistakes that have cost us it's basically down to moments where Lindelof has failed to win the ball in the air. He's terrible at it. I don't think he could beat a player in the air if he had a £#%&!ing trampoline.

Sure he could have closed the ball down quicker today but the entire team were too slow getting out of the area and nobody had picked up Thor or whatever his £#%&!ing name was who ended up scoring. Lindelof, again taken completely by surprise by the 6ft 4in bloke standing a yard away from him.

I saw moments from the Burnley v Liverpool game today (forgive me but liverpool current set the standard defensively) and Matip and Van Dijk never gave Burnley a sniff. Burnley's major tactic of punting it long to Ashley Barnes so he can back into defenders and then fall over was rendered utterly void due to Liverpool's centre backs defending with complete authority and total composure. They won every single long ball and were far too clever to fall for Barnes's tricks.

I can count at last half a dozen times during the United game today where our defenders failed to cope with the long ball or lost 2nd balls in our half. The main culprit being that £#%&!ing Swedish lesbian.

Unread 11-09-2019, 09:19 AM
AK14

Woody and his briefings

Unread 11-09-2019, 09:34 AM
windy waffles

Sancho for £120m please.

Unread 11-09-2019, 09:46 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Yeah loads of top players available in January

Unread 11-09-2019, 09:49 AM
Clownbones

No Value

Unread 11-09-2019, 09:49 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Yeah loads of top players available in January
TBF there's a fair few decent players with less than one year left on their contract who we could see getting a move in January.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/stat...dendevertraege

Good news is one of them is Bailly. Bad news is one of them is De Gea.

Unread 11-09-2019, 06:39 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
And who decides who the "right" players are?

Unread 11-09-2019, 07:10 PM
Whalefish

Woody and his bullshit briefings. File alongside the United DoF briefings.

Unread 09-10-2019, 08:19 AM
AK14

Unread 09-10-2019, 09:59 AM
ryanMUFC

Thomas Muller

Unread 09-10-2019, 10:46 AM
Soviet

Sign a ST, CM, RW. Quality players, not motivated entirely by money, not looking for one last payday, but players with the right character and motivation. It is apparent Ole wanted a ST and CM in the summer, which the board failed to bring in, how about actually delivering......

We've got the makings of a decent back 4 / 5 imo. If we sign a ST, RW, CM, get some of these spineless shithouses fit and pulling their fingers out, we might actually start getting somewhere. Then we can stop being desperate and irrational, and it will help the youth out. We can start being more selective, and moving the odd player on when we know they cant cut it rather than having to mass cull the squad or try to move mercenaries on that are paid incredible wages.

But as usual, we're on a knife edge. This could go either which way, because its such a mess from the board and ownership down. I have little faith they'll hold their nerve or stick to the strategy (or improve it).

Unread 09-10-2019, 11:09 AM
Baron

Dembele from Lyon or the new wunderkid at Lille, Osimhen, for the forward position.

Could do with two midfielders as well. Partey from Atleti still has a €50m buyout as far as I know.

It really isn't as hard as we make it look ffs.

Unread 09-10-2019, 11:10 AM
Drexl

To my mind, most of our problems would be solved if we could get a midfield three that worked together as a cohesive unit

It's not that complicated. our current lot though are either too rubbish, in the wrong slot, too thick, or (Pogba) too egocentric to play as a team. look at the scouse Not one of their midfield players is mind-blowing, but they do well because they play for each other rather than themselves.

BIN. (except The Scottish Player, he deserves a chance)

Unread 09-10-2019, 11:32 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
To my mind, most of our problems would be solved if we could get a midfield three that worked together as a cohesive unit

It's not that complicated. our current lot though are either too rubbish, in the wrong slot, too thick, or (Pogba) too egocentric to play as a team. look at the scouse Not one of their midfield players is mind-blowing, but they do well because they play for each other rather than themselves.

BIN. (except The Scottish Player, he deserves a chance)
& yet Pogba has worked in every other midfield he's played in? He's not so egotistical to be incapable of playing with other players - there's literal proof by looking at every other side he's played in both domestically & internationally. Serial winners.

He's incapable of playing with shit players & elevating them or leading. He can play with world class sides, win leagues & World Cups, being an integral part. He can't pull a shit side up. So give him better players to play alongside rather than losing the one player we have that is capable.

Why we find the need to cane him rather than the club is a bit weird.

Unread 09-10-2019, 11:44 AM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
& yet Pogba has worked in every other midfield he's played in?
I respectfully disagree.

Mou (whether you like him or not) dropped Pogs for playing for himself and "wanting to show everybody how good he is." His words. Pogs gives the ball away often because he believes (to my mind) that he is good enough to keep the opponent at bay. A team focussed player would just play a simple pass.

Sure he won in the world cup - in a team that has kante and matuidi, two players who epitomise team ethic.

Very skilled player, pogo, one of the best, but more of a loose cannon luxury than a team player imo

Unread 09-10-2019, 11:55 AM
Vedder

Chilwell, Maddison, Chiesa, Werner and Pellegrini

Just the 400m
Closed Thread