Closed Thread

Unread 24-04-2021, 10:58 PM
ScarFace

Football £4Billy for Utd

Unread 24-04-2021, 11:01 PM
triple sod

Unread 24-04-2021, 11:03 PM
ryanMUFC

More than 4 times what they paid.. and they still haven’t paid the loan off they used to buy it?

Unread 24-04-2021, 11:23 PM
red in cumbria

They may well "want" that, but quite possibly will not actually get it.

Unread 24-04-2021, 11:36 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
They may well "want" that, but quite possibly will not actually get it.
Good to have you around to translate English into, err, English.

Unread 25-04-2021, 12:20 AM
Sparky***

We are valued at 4.1 billion.

Does that include our half a billion quids worth of debt as well? Or will prospective buyers be expected to pay that off too?

Then on top of that you have a stadium in desperate need of investment and also the small matter of dragging the squad up to standard.

All should set any potential buyers back around the 5 billion quid mark

So basically, nobody in their right £#%&!ing mind.

Unread 25-04-2021, 12:24 AM
tatty

They win either way.

Somebody pays or they keep squeezing the asset to drain as much cash as possible before selling off what remains in the future.

Unread 25-04-2021, 12:31 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
We are valued at 4.1 billion.

Does that include our half a billion quids worth of debt as well? Or will prospective buyers be expected to pay that off too?

Then on top of that you have a stadium in desperate need of investment and also the small matter of dragging the squad up to standard.

All should set any potential buyers back around the 5 billion quid mark

So basically, nobody in their right £#%&!ing mind.
Considering a football club is a vanity project and a terrible way to make money, it’s even worse if the club costs a lot and needs a LOT of investment.

This is why it’s been Blackburn, Chelsea, City: small clubs that could be ‘sleeping giants’, but it’s rarely a big club that already has a lot of clout behind it.

Being a huge club and being an attractive purchase are completely different.

The only way out I can see is if it’s some eccentric kajillionaire dream to own United, because it sure as shit doesn’t make any sense from a financial point of view.

Unread 25-04-2021, 12:40 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Considering a football club is a vanity project and a terrible way to make money, it’s even worse if the club costs a lot and needs a LOT of investment.

This is why it’s been Blackburn, Chelsea, City: small clubs that could be ‘sleeping giants’, but it’s rarely a big club that already has a lot of clout behind it.

Being a huge club and being an attractive purchase are completely different.

The only way out I can see is if it’s some eccentric kajillionaire dream to own United, because it sure as shit doesn’t make any sense from a financial point of view.
Chelsea are City are sportswashing enterprises. The pair of them are nothing but a money-hole. The money is being spent for political purposes.

what would the motivation be to buy United? Clearly there's no glory to be had by taking an already phenomenally successful football club and just adding more success. The kudos is taking some under achieving turd like City and turning them into serial winners.

Knowing our luck we'd end up with just a completely different set of vulture capitalists in it to make a buck.

Unread 25-04-2021, 08:41 AM
The Stella Fella

Does that rule Conor McGregor out?

Unread 25-04-2021, 08:51 AM
believe

At £14 a share that’s almost 286 million shares. What’s the latest numbers on our global fan base?

Unread 25-04-2021, 09:20 AM
jem

united's heritage has nothing to do with the glazers, unless you count years of underinvestment, lack of understanding and trying to undermine the whole structure of football.

Unread 25-04-2021, 09:54 AM
Switching Off

Ears and Draggers together could probably afford it. Come on lads.

Unread 25-04-2021, 10:07 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Ears and Draggers together could probably afford it. Come on lads.
I'm waiting for Elon and Cohen to come back to me about investment / sponsorship

Unread 25-04-2021, 10:09 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
I'm waiting for Elon and Cohen to come back to me about investment / sponsorship

Will be in touch about an exec box.

Unread 25-04-2021, 01:24 PM
otbarney

I saw something about a middle east consortium offering 3 billion, probably a load of shite.

Just read it properly, apparently it the vermin.

My apologies.

Unread 25-04-2021, 01:57 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by otbarney
I saw something about a middle east consortium offering 3 billion, probably a load of shite.

Just read it properly, apparently it the vermin.

My apologies.
Brandon Williams account found !

Unread 25-04-2021, 02:00 PM
armchair

Has anyone thought of borrowing the money? Or are the glazers the only people in history who know this one weird trick to buying a football club?

Unread 25-04-2021, 02:36 PM
JamesPolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Has anyone thought of borrowing the money? Or are the glazers the only people in history who know this one weird trick to buying a football club?
I will personally never understand how leveraged buyout are allowed considered that the aim was clearly never to pay off the dept. I did be surprised if United was the only club bought in this fasion consider the large varity of shady owners in English football

Unread 25-04-2021, 02:41 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPolk
I will personally never understand how leveraged buyout are allowed considered that the aim was clearly never to pay off the dept. I did be surprised if United was the only club bought in this fasion consider the large varity of shady owners in English football
oh arr ambrosia
Closed Thread