United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 29-08-2021, 05:19 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
I hope this squad isn’t wasted on this novice manager.

every game he handi-caps the team with the odd man out who you just know will come off after 60 minutes.

there’s absolutely no reason for Daniel James to start.

I’d even have played vdb with Fred and pogba move further forward.

Sparky***

I see this “let the game flow” rule doesn’t apply to us.

dunk

Ugh

Unread 29-08-2021, 05:21 PM
atticusgrinch

It'll only take a moment of brilliance from one of our myriad attackers and we'll win this anyway.

Unread 29-08-2021, 05:22 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I see this “let the game flow” rule doesn’t apply to us.
Dean innit. Utter @#%&!

Dr Stranger

Well the only plus to come out of that is that we aren’t behind. Wolves might have £#%&!ed their load early on….

….but my God, that was appalling. And I’m sorry, but that lies at Ole’s feet. We looked totally ill-prepared and lost there. Improved slightly as the half went on, but the fact there is such concern on the faces and all tie adjustments they were making, against a team that Jew lost their first two, shows how wrong they got it in the first place.

He probably won’t change it either.

We need another body in midfield. Pogba cannot play in a two in midfield. We know this. We’ve known it for years and yet we still can’t help doing it just to shoehorn him in there. It’s as stupid as putting any of the forwards in there.

Fred is abysmal and I’m sick of him.

James is as pointless as you’d expect and having him down the same side as AWB - we might as well just put a road closed sign up when we attack.

Once again, pre-Match optimism is killed when all our same old problems resurface.

We can sign all the forward players we want and keep improving the defence, but we won’t make any impact on this league until we sort that midfield out.

ZiggyStardust

That was diabolical

When you compare the play of City, Liverpool and Chelsea yesterday to this, we really have zero chance of winning the title even with Ronaldo

Yeah the midfield is horrific (Ole’s choice to sign Sancho rather than sign 2 new midfielders) but there’s no structure or game plan to how we play
Seems like it’s up to every player to figure out what they are going to do when they get the ball

Obviously we’ll have much better days than this and we may even win this but unless Ole can get us to consistently control games that we should control by the end of the season then he can’t get a 4th season in charge
He’s been out coached today, plain and simple

Unread 29-08-2021, 05:23 PM
Big Norm

Hope Ronaldo's telly is broke.

Unread 29-08-2021, 05:23 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly

Unread 29-08-2021, 05:25 PM
puressence

Everyone blaming Fred having to do the job of 3 on his own. 🤷‍♂️

Unread 29-08-2021, 05:25 PM
magic_cantona

Overwhelmed in midfield because Fred is alone and can't chase everyone back himself. Neither can he pass the ball. Surely Ole sees Neves and thinks "Now THAT is a player we could do with"? £#%&!ing Traore playing better than he has in 3 seasons.

And Mike Dean letting every foul on us go. Piss take. We'll 100% lose unless he changes it. I'd take James off and put Donnie or £#%&!ing Matic in - the midfield is THAT bad.

Unread 29-08-2021, 05:26 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
That was diabolical

When you compare the play of City, Liverpool and Chelsea yesterday to this, we really have zero chance of winning the title even with Ronaldo

Yeah the midfield is horrific (Ole’s choice to sign Sancho rather than sign 2 new midfielders) but there’s no structure or game plan to how we play
Seems like it’s up to every player to figure out what they are going to do when they get the ball

Obviously we’ll have much better days than this and we may even win this but unless Ole can get us to consistently control games that we should control by the end of the season then he can’t get a 4th season in charge
He’s been out coached today, plain and simple
Sadly true.

Said it in the summer, but we hardly ever just comfortably control a game. We’re either rattling in four or five, going behind and coming back or losing from a winning position.

So few 2-0, comfortable games at home or away.

As you say, it’s just a group of players trying to figure it all out. We’re a completely reactive team.

You don’t win leagues like that.

And this away record can £#%&! off. Absolute fluke.

Unread 29-08-2021, 05:26 PM
dunk

£200m of midfielders that aren’t worth a £#%&!.

If we’re not buying Neves because we want Rice and Camavinga, I’m here to tell them they need all £#%&!ing 3.

Unread 29-08-2021, 05:27 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
He’s had no help AND he’s been shit.

TheNew

I'm not sure who has been worse there out of Fred and Pogba, but it's very clear Pogba can't play in a two, yet we are trying it. Ole at fault here.

Grim.

Hyman_Roth

We look an disjointed mess. It happens and it’s forgivable but then you realise we’re playing a side as average as wolves with a new manager and they look like they know what they’re doing.

Depressing.

Needs to radically change in the 2nd hand.

AK14

Quote:
Tbf him doing the job of 3 isn’t the reason for him falling over his own feet or misplacing an basic 5 yard pass.

Pogba been utter gash to though Nqat.

believe

Quote:
I wasn’t going to say anything he was piss poor first ten but like you said he’s basically been doing the job of three men all half. Playing him on his own in front of a back four is giving him rope to hang himself. Ole has £#%&!ed up big time this first half and he needs to rectify it soon.

AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Pretty much this.

magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
This.