United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-01-2019, 03:11 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialLaw
Let's not be silly, he's a fantastic player and just what we're crying out for against the shite that park the bus at OT.

Won't happen though obvs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
What if Poch wants him? Is it a dick-swinging signing then, or just getting a high quality player Poch thinks can elevate us?

There are reasons to be interested in a player like Coutinho beyond glamour.
Pochetinno manages Tottenham, mate.

If he comes, the whole thing changes, yeah. Right now, we're linked with a glamour player with no manager at the helm.

Classic United 2013-Present

Oh, and we all know he'd be replacing Pogba, right? We ok with that? I wouldn't be.

Unread 12-01-2019, 03:14 PM
puressence

Be interesting when he comes pog goes there straight swop

Unread 12-01-2019, 03:17 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Be interesting when he comes pog goes there straight swop

Unread 12-01-2019, 03:18 PM
Stone Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Exactly what I thought Gothers!!

Unread 12-01-2019, 03:19 PM
Buck

Would much rather Eriksen.

Isco would probably cost half the price too and on a par I'd say.

Unread 12-01-2019, 03:26 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Pochetinno manages Tottenham, mate.

If he comes, the whole thing changes, yeah. Right now, we're linked with a glamour player with no manager at the helm.

Classic United 2013-Present

Oh, and we all know he'd be replacing Pogba, right? We ok with that? I wouldn't be.
That change doesn't happen overnight. If there's a chance Poch wants to come then there's a chance we're planning his United side.

Just because he played for Liverpool doesn't make pursuing him a bad idea. As AM said upthread, we'll need players with this type of magic and creativity to break teams down. If we get back where we want to be we can expect teams coming to OT ten deep in defence.

Whatever happens with Pog, I think we need a player like this. Eriksen would be great, this wouldn't be much worse.

Unread 12-01-2019, 03:32 PM
otbarney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Would much rather Eriksen.

Isco would probably cost half the price too and on a par I'd say.
Hasn't Levy put something like a 225m price tag on Eriksen?

Unread 12-01-2019, 03:54 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
That change doesn't happen overnight. If there's a chance Poch wants to come then there's a chance we're planning his United side.

Just because he played for Liverpool doesn't make pursuing him a bad idea. As AM said upthread, we'll need players with this type of magic and creativity to break teams down. If we get back where we want to be we can expect teams coming to OT ten deep in defence.

Whatever happens with Pog, I think we need a player like this. Eriksen would be great, this wouldn't be much worse.
It doesn't help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by otbarney
Hasn't Levy put something like a 225m price tag on Eriksen?
And?...

Levy is a tough nut, but the way people talk about him like he's some sort of Accountancy Thanos

He's as vulnerable to the same dynamics as any other chairman/owner.

If Poch wants out, he'll go. If Eriksen wants out, he'll go.

Unread 12-01-2019, 03:59 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Few Barca lads I know not been impressed with him at all. Individualistic, no left foot. Been poor apparently.

Unread 12-01-2019, 04:01 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Few Barca lads I know not been impressed with him at all. Individualistic, no left foot. Been poor apparently.
Honestly never that impressed with him at Liverpool.

Good long range of passing and as good as anyone for a long range free kick... but that often masked how ineffective he could be.

I didn't think Liverpool would miss him and they haven't.
Closed Thread