United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-01-2019, 11:23 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Probably won’t but he’s still enjoying the honeymoon. Will it continue?

Players running out of steam in 2nd half again due to having to actually run around a bit after nearly three years of strolling. Bit of a shock to the system. Don’t know the effects for the remainder of the season. Hopefully, we’ll benefit from an easy start, physically.
Ole knows the value of rotating players. Supersubs.

He's got time to get that right. Shame he can't buy his own players like...

Unread 20-01-2019, 11:37 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Ole knows the value of rotating players. Supersubs.

He's got time to get that right. Shame he can't buy his own players like...

Aye, can’t see him getting new players. Thought he was a bit slow with subs but yeah, he’ll know as well as anyone about rotation. Still, hoping the players benefit from a unified management/coaching staff/players and become more familiar with the concept of movement.

Unread 20-01-2019, 11:51 AM
saffers

It's been a month, no need to judge too hard either way. Fact is ,7 wins out of 7, pure love. Keep enjoying it. He was given caretaker job till the end of the season, judge him then.

Unread 20-01-2019, 11:57 AM
Bunker Buster

Was a bit of a worry in the second half.....

He didn't react well / at all to Thier pressure and eventual goal.....

He looked lost a little confused ..

7/7 doe

Unread 20-01-2019, 12:02 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Was a bit of a worry in the second half.....

He didn't react well / at all to Thier pressure and eventual goal.....

He looked lost a little confused ..

7/7 doe
Look forward to the extreme overreaction when we don't win a game. I see certain lads already laid the groundwork down for an attack come friday......

Unread 20-01-2019, 12:36 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Aye, can’t see him getting new players. Thought he was a bit slow with subs but yeah, he’ll know as well as anyone about rotation. Still, hoping the players benefit from a unified management/coaching staff/players and become more familiar with the concept of movement.
True, but that's probably due to the fact that he doesn't have that many good subs to bring on Even his "best" team is limited in it's ability. I like Ashley Young, I think he can do a job, but he's our first choice starter... ! Whereas in reality he's a good sub to have come on for the last 15 or 20 mins. We have Jones as first choice CB, we have McTomminay as first sub for midfield... etc

He's slow with the subs because he knows, (despite what he says), that we're woefully short of talent at the back and in the middle.

Unread 20-01-2019, 02:02 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
True, but that's probably due to the fact that he doesn't have that many good subs to bring on Even his "best" team is limited in it's ability. I like Ashley Young, I think he can do a job, but he's our first choice starter... ! Whereas in reality he's a good sub to have come on for the last 15 or 20 mins. We have Jones as first choice CB, we have McTomminay as first sub for midfield... etc

He's slow with the subs because he knows, (despite what he says), that we're woefully short of talent at the back and in the middle.
Fair enough. I suppose I was really thinking Martial and Lingard looking
a bit absent with options on the bench, even though one of them was Lump. Funny you should mention Young, because he does normally put in a useful shift but distinctly off colour yesterday.

Unread 20-01-2019, 02:13 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Look forward to the extreme overreaction when we don't win a game. I see certain lads already laid the groundwork down for an attack come friday......
More than Mourinho ever did.

Unread 20-01-2019, 03:05 PM
Jack Duckworth

i just don't see the sense in giving £50m + in compensation to spurs for somebody who is a gamble, when we've got somebody already in place who is doing everything we wanted.

Unread 20-01-2019, 04:08 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock

Yup, we have minimal depth, particularly players capable of playing how Ole has set us up. There are many glaring gaps in the squad but I would push for a CM this window, if anything happens to Matic and Herrera, no matter how derided they have been, the alternatives are at least a step below.

Unread 20-01-2019, 04:15 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
i just don't see the sense in giving £50m + in compensation to spurs for somebody who is a gamble, when we've got somebody already in place who is doing everything we wanted.
Don't think we will if Ole keeps winning.

I'm not sold on Poch at all. Could end up stringing a load of trophies together but like you say, a gamble at this stage.

Unread 20-01-2019, 05:07 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Sparky's gonna Sparky

Unread 21-01-2019, 02:41 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Looks like ole is getting tetchy about the sir Alex mentions.

Unread 21-01-2019, 02:43 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status...825436672?s=19
as would anyone tbf. little insulting to the guy to suggest he's fergies puppet

at most, I reckon SAF just rings him on a friday night with 'suggestions' for the team sheet. which he probably goes along with. and tactics. man management. etc.

Unread 21-01-2019, 02:44 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status...825436672?s=19
#rattled. just failed his first big test imo. poch's to lose now.

Unread 21-01-2019, 02:44 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley

at most, I reckon SAF just rings him on a friday night with 'suggestions' for the team sheet. which he probably goes along with. and tactics. man management. etc.

If saf hasn't been around in while it may explain the recent second halves.

Unread 21-01-2019, 02:51 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley

Unread 21-01-2019, 03:15 PM
Clownbones

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is actually a football manager and has been for many years.

Shocking, but true.

To read half the reports of his influence, you'd be forgiven for thinking he has come in as a £#%&!ing emotional support animal for the players.

Unread 21-01-2019, 05:00 PM
utd99

Who cares? Just give him the £#%&!ing job... Can’t be worse than van Gaal.

Unread 21-01-2019, 08:50 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Who cares? Just give him the £#%&!ing job... Can’t be worse than van Gaal.
If Ole had the job, at least a few of our support would wait a while before spitting their dummy out.
Closed Thread