United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Science & Technology
Closed Thread

Unread 10-10-2018, 08:39 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Sagey post.

Plus cunts who are incapable of ever keeping to the speed limit wouldn't handle keeping at 30 in a 30 zone
Donít get me wrong, Iím no snail behind the wheel (and certainly not on the bike), but Iím struck so often by the utter pointlessness of some peopleís speeding. Racing at 50 mph right up to the back of a wagon doing 25, tear arseing along just to get one place further on in a queue at the next set of lights.

Driving like that constantly must get so tedious, youíve got to claim every little victory to justify it.

If you overtake someone and then come up behind another slow moving vehicle you canít pass so the car youíve overtaken comes right behind you anyway, whatís the point?

If you race to get through an amber light only to get stopped at the next set of lights and are rejoined by the cars you left behind at the last lights, whatís the point?I

I couldnít be arsed with the stress of it all. Driving bores the fuck out of me these days and Iíd happily sit there and let the car do all the work.

Unread 10-10-2018, 09:07 PM
armchair

I thought gone in 20 seconds was bad but this is just pathetic.

Unread 10-10-2018, 10:32 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKitchenSink
I'm sure driverless cars will become more prominent in the next couple of decades, but laws aren't going to be passed to stop people driving. Plenty of people enjoy driving and won't want to give it up. Driverless transportation will find a niche in certain situations - couple/groups wanting to go out for a drink with no designated driver, commuting, people with injuries or disabilities that prevent them from driving - but I think the split will still be massively in favour of people driving themselves for a long time.
disagree. soz. once you have driverless cars, it will be necessary to remove human drivers to make the system safe. maybe you will still be allowed to drive off road, but not in the network. people are stupid.

Unread 11-10-2018, 06:57 AM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
disagree. soz. once you have driverless cars, it will be necessary to remove human drivers to make the system safe. maybe you will still be allowed to drive off road, but not in the network. people are stupid.
So classic cars will be pretty much worthless in 20 years.

Unread 11-10-2018, 07:58 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
jem's right I'm afraid. It won't become illegal but the cost of insurance will be prohibitively expensive for most normal folk.

Imagine the reduction in crime if there is no anonymous form of personal transport!

Last edited by red red robbo; 11-10-2018 at 08:01 AM.

Unread 11-10-2018, 06:40 PM
jem

Quote:
So classic cars will be pretty much worthless in 20 years.
no. great art is great art. and there will still be track days. :0)

Unread 11-10-2018, 07:21 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
no. great art is great art. and there will still be track days. :0)
Isnt the whole point of a classic car to drive round country roads aimlessly on a summers day and then hope to impress people pulling up to a village pub?

Unread 11-10-2018, 07:49 PM
jem

Quote:
Isnt the whole point of a classic car to drive round country roads aimlessly on a summers day and then hope to impress people pulling up to a village pub?
maybe country roads will be off the network. it only really works for the urban sprawls. the idea of having a botcar in every village is just silly.
Closed Thread