United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Science & Technology
Closed Thread
 
Unread 05-09-2018, 09:46 PM
My Name is Keith
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
Sozard Keith. Youíre late to the party and half as innovative.

http://www.solarroadways.com
Not like mine at all - not sure Iím liking the cut of your jib pal. Things have changed round here since youíve been away to create more right wing wums - a top table of special forumistas has been created - elders if you will and you pal, havenít got a seat. Bit more respect please or the elders will act.
 
Unread 05-09-2018, 09:51 PM
My Name is Keith
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by big chief
How does the steel function under extreme environmental conditions - heat/cold?
How does the road drain?
Roads currently donít perform well under extreme conditions - they crack. The steel frame would allow expansion and contraction.

The roads would have the side gutter channels now favoured on modern roads but other channels could be created to deal with whichever situation you needed.

There would be a standard road design but bespoke designs could easily created via a BIM style road system managed by local authorities and the highways agency.

Stop me if you feel Iím being too fucking good here!
 
Unread 05-09-2018, 09:57 PM
big chief
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Roads currently donít perform well under extreme conditions - they crack. The steel frame would allow expansion and contraction.

The roads would have the side gutter channels now favoured on modern roads but other channels could be created to deal with whichever situation you needed.

There would be a standard road design but bespoke designs could easily created via a BIM style road system managed by local authorities and the highways agency.

Stop me if you feel Iím being too fucking good here!
I bow down to you, Sir.
 
Unread 05-09-2018, 10:24 PM
Hands of Scone
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Roads currently donít perform well under extreme conditions - they crack. The steel frame would allow expansion and contraction.

The roads would have the side gutter channels now favoured on modern roads but other channels could be created to deal with whichever situation you needed.

There would be a standard road design but bespoke designs could easily created via a BIM style road system managed by local authorities and the highways agency.

Stop me if you feel Iím being too fucking good here!
Can they cope with the forthcoming rivers of blood?
 
Unread 05-09-2018, 10:31 PM
My Name is Keith
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
Can they cope with the forthcoming rivers of blood?
So pleased you were able to shoe horn some weird right wing Powell esque comment into my multicultural Road Frame (c) project.

Will consider putting you forward for the marketing strategy.
 
Unread 05-09-2018, 10:36 PM
Harri Jaffa
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
So pleased you were able to shoe horn some weird right wing Powell esque comment into my multicultural Road Frame (c) project.

Will consider putting you forward for the marketing strategy.
 
Unread 05-09-2018, 10:56 PM
Hands of Scone
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
So pleased you were able to shoe horn some weird right wing Powell esque comment into my multicultural Road Frame (c) project.

Will consider putting you forward for the marketing strategy.
That was the joke.

Anyway, I suggest billboards at all european ports.

ďAttention the wretched of the earth. All roads lead to Britain. Follow your fellow prickís road to easy street.Ē

Last edited by Hands of Scone; 05-09-2018 at 10:58 PM.
 
Unread 06-09-2018, 12:05 AM
Cream
 
Default

Quote:
Basically, a steel frame is sunk where the road currently is on top of which are tarmac panels that connect to each other like jigsaws. Behold below is a void from where service ducts, drainage and other assorted technical wizardry can be kept.
Jigsaw? You mean like a honeycomb or just random shapes aka actual jigsaw. If the latter, perhaps have them printed to make up different personalities e.g. Prince Harry's face, Meghan's Markle's arse, Gareth Southgate's teeth.

What base material are the tarmac jigsaw pieces adhered to, given they will fall to pieces otherwise? And how will they be laid seamless to each other?
 
Unread 06-09-2018, 12:22 AM
sa7
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith

Services are sunk by lifting the panel and re placing rather than long dig delays. Panels damaged through wear and tear can be replaced as necessary. The tarmac platform can be prepared with tracks for trams/trains etc

Basically a suspended ceiling in reverse.
Also known as a raised access floor.

Congratulations on inventing a decades old flooring system
 
Unread 06-09-2018, 12:37 AM
Cream
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Also known as a raised access floor.

Congratulations on inventing a decades old flooring system
Ouch.
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Hear me out - Official New Invention
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The invention of science AnthonyMartial TV / Film / Books / Arts 3 25-02-2017 07:05 PM
invention ideas Fuzzy Dunlop Off Topic 289 07-03-2012 05:16 PM
The Invention of Lying... Sullingtons Off Topic 11 29-09-2010 03:45 AM
great invention ideas when you were a kid florentino ariza Off Topic 14 16-07-2010 04:47 PM
Mankind's Greatest Ever Invention? CamelToe Off Topic 26 06-01-2007 09:23 PM
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:32 PM.

Copyright ©2006 - 2019 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.