United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Science & Technology
Closed Thread

Unread 05-09-2018, 09:46 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
Sozard Keith. Youíre late to the party and half as innovative.

http://www.solarroadways.com
Not like mine at all - not sure Iím liking the cut of your jib pal. Things have changed round here since youíve been away to create more right wing wums - a top table of special forumistas has been created - elders if you will and you pal, havenít got a seat. Bit more respect please or the elders will act.

Unread 05-09-2018, 09:51 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by big chief
How does the steel function under extreme environmental conditions - heat/cold?
How does the road drain?
Roads currently donít perform well under extreme conditions - they crack. The steel frame would allow expansion and contraction.

The roads would have the side gutter channels now favoured on modern roads but other channels could be created to deal with whichever situation you needed.

There would be a standard road design but bespoke designs could easily created via a BIM style road system managed by local authorities and the highways agency.

Stop me if you feel Iím being too fucking good here!

Unread 05-09-2018, 09:57 PM
big chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Roads currently donít perform well under extreme conditions - they crack. The steel frame would allow expansion and contraction.

The roads would have the side gutter channels now favoured on modern roads but other channels could be created to deal with whichever situation you needed.

There would be a standard road design but bespoke designs could easily created via a BIM style road system managed by local authorities and the highways agency.

I bow down to you, Sir.

Unread 05-09-2018, 10:24 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:

Can they cope with the forthcoming rivers of blood?

Unread 05-09-2018, 10:31 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
Can they cope with the forthcoming rivers of blood?
So pleased you were able to shoe horn some weird right wing Powell esque comment into my multicultural Road Frame (c) project.

Will consider putting you forward for the marketing strategy.

Unread 05-09-2018, 10:36 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
So pleased you were able to shoe horn some weird right wing Powell esque comment into my multicultural Road Frame (c) project.

Unread 05-09-2018, 10:56 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:

That was the joke.

Anyway, I suggest billboards at all european ports.

ďAttention the wretched of the earth. All roads lead to Britain. Follow your fellow prickís road to easy street.Ē

Last edited by Hands of Scone; 05-09-2018 at 10:58 PM.

Unread 06-09-2018, 12:05 AM
Cream

Quote:
Basically, a steel frame is sunk where the road currently is on top of which are tarmac panels that connect to each other like jigsaws. Behold below is a void from where service ducts, drainage and other assorted technical wizardry can be kept.
Jigsaw? You mean like a honeycomb or just random shapes aka actual jigsaw. If the latter, perhaps have them printed to make up different personalities e.g. Prince Harry's face, Meghan's Markle's arse, Gareth Southgate's teeth.

What base material are the tarmac jigsaw pieces adhered to, given they will fall to pieces otherwise? And how will they be laid seamless to each other?

Unread 06-09-2018, 12:22 AM
sa7

Quote:

Services are sunk by lifting the panel and re placing rather than long dig delays. Panels damaged through wear and tear can be replaced as necessary. The tarmac platform can be prepared with tracks for trams/trains etc

Basically a suspended ceiling in reverse.
Also known as a raised access floor.

Congratulations on inventing a decades old flooring system

Unread 06-09-2018, 12:37 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Also known as a raised access floor.

Congratulations on inventing a decades old flooring system
Ouch.
Closed Thread