United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Science & Technology
Closed Thread

Unread 05-09-2018, 09:12 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Will they be split into two panels, left and right?

If your prototype is one solid panel, replacement would cause traffic chaos, with no option of temporary lights
Panels are prefabricated off site pal - brought in and lifted into position. Replaced in minutes. Special truck being invented currently, in my head,-for laying them.

Minimal delays all round

irk

Sozard Keith. Youíre late to the party and half as innovative.

http://www.solarroadways.com

naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Right, the roads we drive on are shit - lumpy, pot holed, forever being dug up, badly drained etc etc

Hey presto, I present the framed road (c)

Basically, a steel frame is sunk where the road currently is on top of which are tarmac panels that connect to each other like jigsaws. Behold below is a void from where service ducts, drainage and other assorted technical wizardry can be kept.

Services are sunk by lifting the panel and re placing rather than long dig delays. Panels damaged through wear and tear can be replaced as necessary. The tarmac platform can be prepared with tracks for trams/trains etc

The down side is the cost but it can be done gradually - city centres first and then onto large towns. One day, even Colne will have it.

Basically a suspended ceiling in reverse.

I will repay good rep now in cash later when Iím a billionaire.

[stands for applause]
and then every other panel could be a solar panel which could then in turn power electric cars as they pass over the panels.

edit: fuck off irk

Unread 05-09-2018, 09:13 PM
TheFatGoth

I like it. To recoup some of the costs we could have sponsored tiles, with company logos branded into the tarmac. "Today's traffic jam was brought to you by Starbucks etc. "

Unread 05-09-2018, 09:17 PM
big chief

Quote:
Right, the roads we drive on are shit - lumpy, pot holed, forever being dug up, badly drained etc etc

Basically, a steel frame is sunk where the road currently is on top of which are tarmac panels that connect to each other like jigsaws. Behold below is a void from where service ducts, drainage and other assorted technical wizardry can be kept.

Services are sunk by lifting the panel and re placing rather than long dig delays. Panels damaged through wear and tear can be replaced as necessary. The tarmac platform can be prepared with tracks for trams/trains etc

The down side is the cost but it can be done gradually - city centres first and then onto large towns. One day, even Colne will have it.

[stands for applause]
How does the steel function under extreme environmental conditions - heat/cold?
How does the road drain?

Unread 05-09-2018, 09:20 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by big chief
How does the steel function under extreme environmental conditions - heat/cold?
very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big chief
How does the road drain?
to the side

Unread 05-09-2018, 09:22 PM
no fun

Keith...a request

When you start to modernise welsh roads, could you do away with that fucking welsh writing?

Gets right on my pip, the welsh bastards

Unread 05-09-2018, 09:22 PM
Switching Off

Quote:

[stands for applause]
You must spread.....

Please don't forget me. Keith is a terrific name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Keith...a request

When you start to modernise welsh roads, could you do away with that fucking welsh writing?

Gets right on my pip, the welsh bastards
Araf down pal, it's early days.

Unread 05-09-2018, 09:29 PM
Buck

A sensor that allows roads to regenerate into newly built condition is more ergonomic imo

Unread 05-09-2018, 09:37 PM
suedeshoes

Just invent a hover car Keith.
Closed Thread