United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Science & Technology

Unread 05-09-2018, 06:44 AM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
multi room but it's wireless and acts as a wifi hot spot

you don't need sky broadband.
But the signal depends on your house obv so if WiFi is touch and go like mine the mini boxes are forever dropping the signal. Secondly if you have kids you want multi room you cannot run more than 3 boxes effectively they say which I get is first world problems but we used to have a couple of boxes cabled to a number of different rooms and use a magic eye - you cannot do that anymore you have to have a box for EACH room incl the shithouse.

Last edited by The Stella Fella; 05-09-2018 at 06:46 AM.

Unread 05-09-2018, 06:49 AM
Poop

I'll whack the minibox on the computer desk in my bedroom, plugged directly into the router.

Should prevent dropped signal?

Unread 05-09-2018, 07:32 AM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poop
I'll whack the minibox on the computer desk in my bedroom, plugged directly into the router.

Should prevent dropped signal?
Never noticed that as an option as the put a cover on the connection - engineer told me it was WiFi only. Obviously not will give it a go pal

Unread 05-09-2018, 07:42 AM
Poop

Well, I assume I can do that. Haven't got it yet so I'm just basing that assumption on the pic of the minibox here...

Unread 05-09-2018, 08:24 AM
Mr_Ed

Sky Q is good... I like it.

Iíve gone into geek mode a few times trying to see if 4KUHD is better than HD... not quite sure yet if I can notice the difference.

Unread 05-09-2018, 04:46 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Well, I assume I can do that. Haven't got it yet so I'm just basing that assumption on the pic of the minibox here...

Yes pal but on mine there is/was a black catch/cover over the yellow Ethernet port even my 16 year old son hadnít noticed it he said. Engineer told me it was WiFi only so I never bothered looking or questioning. Gonna try cable

Unread 05-09-2018, 05:50 PM
Poop

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
Yes pal but on mine there is/was a black catch/cover over the yellow Ethernet port even my 16 year old son hadnít noticed it he said. Engineer told me it was WiFi only so I never bothered looking or questioning. Gonna try cable
Good luck fella...

Unread 13-09-2018, 11:56 PM
Poop

Have it a few days now.

Very meh imo. And I fucking HATE the new remotes and interface.

Unread 14-09-2018, 05:57 AM
waynes ear's

Youíll get used to it you whinging cunt

Unread 14-09-2018, 06:14 AM
Throw

Quote:
Have it a few days now.

Very meh imo. And I fucking HATE the new remotes and interface.
told you.