United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread
 
Unread 27-08-2009, 07:04 AM
PaulParkersPubes
 
Default Ji-Sung Park's rumoured new contract

Any footballing reasons anybody can discern for this? Has not progressed in 4 years at the club and is blocking the way of younger players who may be able to make it. He is consistently mediocre performer with minimal creative talent and goal threat... Its a lot of shirts at 65k a week....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...ks-future.html

Last edited by PaulParkersPubes; 27-08-2009 at 07:05 AM. Reason: linkage
 
Unread 27-08-2009, 07:17 AM
Fountz
 
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
Any footballing reasons anybody can discern for this? Has not progressed in 4 years at the club and is blocking the way of younger players who may be able to make it. He is consistently mediocre performer with minimal creative talent and goal threat... Its a lot of shirts at 65k a week....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...ks-future.html
I can forgive the absolute top performers, the game changers, being on mega-bucks ( although even they're on far far too much ) .. but the problem is the whole base of the pyramid then think they're worth not far short and they're ones in sheer numbers alone who make up the bulk of the wage bill.

Park should be on 10k week max which would still put him on half a million a year and he should think himself lucky at that aswell, that's over a 100k a fortnight less than he is on, which equate to about 1-2 off a seat across the ground. Multiply that by another 15-20 across the squad and that's 30-40 less per seat per game... and suddenly football becomes far more affordable !
 
Unread 27-08-2009, 07:35 AM
PaulParkersPubes
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
I can forgive the absolute top performers, the game changers, being on mega-bucks ( although even they're on far far too much ) .. but the problem is the whole base of the pyramid then think they're worth not far short and they're ones in sheer numbers alone who make up the bulk of the wage bill.

Park should be on 10k week max which would still put him on half a million a year and he should think himself lucky at that aswell, that's over a 100k a fortnight less than he is on, which equate to about 1-2 off a seat across the ground. Multiply that by another 15-20 across the squad and that's 30-40 less per seat per game... and suddenly football becomes far more affordable !
Completely agree Mr F.
 
Unread 27-08-2009, 07:37 AM
dunk
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
I can forgive the absolute top performers, the game changers, being on mega-bucks ( although even they're on far far too much ) .. but the problem is the whole base of the pyramid then think they're worth not far short and they're ones in sheer numbers alone who make up the bulk of the wage bill.

Park should be on 10k week max which would still put him on half a million a year and he should think himself lucky at that aswell, that's over a 100k a fortnight less than he is on, which equate to about 1-2 off a seat across the ground. Multiply that by another 15-20 across the squad and that's 30-40 less per seat per game... and suddenly football becomes far more affordable !
I know and know of 20 year olds that have never played for the first team at United and City that are on that and more.
 
Unread 27-08-2009, 08:35 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
Any footballing reasons anybody can discern for this? Has not progressed in 4 years at the club and is blocking the way of younger players who may be able to make it. He is consistently mediocre performer with minimal creative talent and goal threat... Its a lot of shirts at 65k a week....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...ks-future.html
My guess is he just goes in to negotiations and points out he has played better than that useless fat cunt Anderson.
 
Unread 27-08-2009, 08:41 AM
Aloe Blacc
 
Default

What a disgrace if he gets a new contract let alone a 65k per week one.
 
Unread 27-08-2009, 08:44 AM
Toilet sniffer V
 
Default

If United could pay him 10K per week they would. It's supply and demand. Someone would always outbid us in contract negotiations and we'd end up with shit throughout the squad if the club stuck to their guns. We'd then fail to get into the to 4 which would mean losing the better players.
 
Unread 27-08-2009, 08:47 AM
BulgarianSpectator
 
Default

If the marketing people are to be believed, Park brings in more revenue for the club than Ronaldo (did) and Rooney combined due to his appeal as the number one sportsman in Asia.

On that basis, he could be the highest paid player at the club and still make a profit.

I agree with the wages scenario. Cut out the huge pay and we could get in for free. It can be done - Sam Hamman said Wimbledon in the 90s was run so lean, that sponsorship and TV money paid for everything and he made all profits from the gate receipts, so he could afford to keep them low.
 
Unread 27-08-2009, 08:56 AM
hopkins
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulgarianSpectator
I agree with the wages scenario. Cut out the huge pay and we could get in for free.
Cut out the huge interest paid on the debts and we could get in free
 
Unread 27-08-2009, 08:57 AM
wiganste
 
Default

I love the Ji-Sung Park threads.

As soon as his name is mentioned, all the usual suspects jump on board venting their outrage that someone so shit can play for United.

It's just a shame sharath/berba is banned because as sure as night follows day, he'd be wishing serious injury on him as we speak.


fwiw - Park is a good squad player. In my humble opinion of course. Definitely worth keeping.
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Ji-Sung Park's rumoured new contract
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New number two rumoured to be... koppas Off Topic 51 08-07-2008 02:36 PM
City Rumoured To Want Hughes Coracao Football 3 31-05-2008 10:03 PM
Park's double talk says it all for coy Fergie fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 09-04-2008 12:00 AM
All times are GMT. The time now is 08:33 PM.

Copyright 2006 - 2018 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.