United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-01-2019, 04:59 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
The first line here is the killer - Liverpool haven’t missed him
We didn't "miss" some bloody good players after they went, so that alone is not a clinching argument.

Unread 12-01-2019, 05:00 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis
Much like your insight, this is proving a bit dull now. You clearly aren't that sharp, which isn't your fault, but it would only take a really superficial amount of digging to find out I'm not called Neil and I'm not a journalist.

You seem well meaning enough though, so no harm done. Maybe stop trying to act like you know things before first checking (very easily) that you aren't making wildly inaccurate claims.
I think he meant it as a joke, neil

Unread 12-01-2019, 05:21 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Much like your insight, this is proving a bit dull now. You clearly aren't that sharp, which isn't your fault, but it would only take a really superficial amount of digging to find out I'm not called Neil and I'm not a journalist.

You seem well meaning enough though, so no harm done. Maybe stop trying to act like you know things before first checking (very easily) that you aren't making wildly inaccurate claims.
It's alright, neither's Neil.

Unread 12-01-2019, 05:21 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
The first line here is the killer - Liverpool haven’t missed him

Absolutely pointless signing
Exactly. Said the same to the dipper at work who told me about the link to him last week or whenever it was. Lost a player for £140m and didn’t even notice how good could he have been?

Unread 12-01-2019, 05:23 PM
Cream

Quote:

The funny thing is, Colin, that this sounds v much like a Custis response. ^

Unread 12-01-2019, 05:28 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
It doesn't help.
If he does well it won't matter in the slightest. Only to them probably.

Unread 12-01-2019, 05:31 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
It's alright, neither's Neil.

Unread 12-01-2019, 05:31 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
If he does well it won't matter in the slightest. Only to them probably.
Listen, he's a good player. If we get Poch and he wants it and this is all part of the divine plan, then no issues here.

But from where we are right now, with a temporary manager in charge, this smacks of more of the same of what we've £#%&!ed up over the last few years: agents leaks to get new deals, with us happy to play along because it makes us look big time.

He's not a player in a position we particularly need and he'd cost a whole summer's budget.

Add to that, he's a horrible overrated Scouse @#%&!

I'm turned off.

Unread 12-01-2019, 05:32 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Lost a player for £140m and didn’t even notice how good could he have been?
Happens often. Juve hadn't won the league for three years when they sold Zidane for a world record. Won it the year after he left.

Quote:
Listen, he's a good player. If we get Poch and he wants it and this is all part of the divine plan, then no issues here.

But from where we are right now, with a temporary manager in charge, this smacks of more of the same of what we've £#%&!ed up over the last few years: agents leaks to get new deals, with us happy to play along because it makes us look big time.

He's not a player in a position we particularly need and he'd cost a whole summer's budget.

Add to that, he's a horrible overrated Scouse @#%&!

I'm turned off.
Busby was a Scouse @#%&! too. And a blue.

I couldn't care less. If he comes here and does great it'll wind them up hugely and we'll love it.

He's definitely got the quality. Hence playing for Barcelona and Brazil. But stick with Lingard if you want

Unread 12-01-2019, 05:34 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Happens often. Juve hadn't won the league for three years when they sold Zidane for a world record. Won it the year after he left.
I don't watch that much La Liga, but he's not exactly tearing it up there is he?

He's a Brazil regular, but they're hardly vintage Brazil either.

Maybe he's just not that good.

Quote:

I couldn't care less. If he comes here and does great it'll wind them up hugely and we'll love it.

He's definitely got the quality. Hence playing for Barcelona and Brazil. But stick with Lingard if you want
Hleb went to Barca when they were good.

Kleberson played lots for Brazil too.

If you use Busby in the same breath as Continho again, I'll have to block you.

Unread 12-01-2019, 05:41 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
I don't watch that much La Liga, but he's not exactly tearing it up there is he?

He's a Brazil regular, but they're hardly vintage Brazil either.

Maybe he's just not that good.
Scored in their last match but not having a great season. Dunno if he suits modern Barca as much as he would their previous sides.

I don't think there's any doubt he's good tbh. To suggest he's anything other than a high level player is silly. It'sjust about the fit.

Unread 12-01-2019, 06:19 PM
puressence

Do you lot not realise the changes that are gonna happen with a proper manager dog etc etc. The club has learnt the next one in being it ole or whoever the club is changing £#%&!ing can’t wait. Moaning about phil then hammering the fact the defence needs sorting yes we know it’s gonna happen relax ffs

Unread 12-01-2019, 06:22 PM
windy waffles

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
The funny thing is, Colin, that this sounds v much like a Custis response. ^

Thought the same pal, thought the same.

Unread 12-01-2019, 06:43 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles

Thought the same pal, thought the same.
What else have you got in your dossier? Curtis sounding like Custis is a bit weak

Unread 12-01-2019, 07:18 PM
dunk

Quote:

Are Coutinho and Lingard really our only options?

For me if he plays from wide it's left, but ideally you'd want him centrally, where Pogba plays. So he just exacerbates issues rather than solves them, much like Alexis.

Good job it won't be happening.

Unread 12-01-2019, 08:32 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Are Coutinho and Lingard really our only options?

For me if he plays from wide it's left, but ideally you'd want him centrally, where Pogba plays. So he just exacerbates issues rather than solves them, much like Alexis.

Good job it won't be happening.
Depends on who the coach is and how he wants to build.

Guardiola gets Silva and Bernardo into his side without either playing out wide these days.

If Alli and Eriksen play in the same side, can't Pogba and Coutinho? Anyway, whether it's him or not I'd like to see a player of that type.

Unread 12-01-2019, 08:41 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
What else have you got in your dossier? Curtis sounding like Custis is a bit weak
Pro Mou.

Always quick to discredit news stories.

Never once slagged off Neil Custis.

Denied being Custis.

Nailed on.

Unread 12-01-2019, 09:11 PM
Curtis

Great stuff

The less sensational reality is, I'm just a middle aged Salfordian United fan. Lived locally most of my life and attend most home games. And Curtis has only ever been because I'm a Joy Division fan. Sorry lads.

Unread 12-01-2019, 09:15 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtis
great stuff

the less sensational reality is, i'm just a middle aged salfordian united fan. Lived locally most of my life and attend most home games. And curtis has only ever been because i'm a joy division fan. Sorry lads.
yhbr.

Unread 12-01-2019, 09:21 PM
AnthonyMartial

[quote=S/Side.Red;5078984]Depends on who the coach is and how he wants to build.

Guardiola gets Silva and Bernardo into his side without either playing out wide these days.ica

If Alli and Eriksen play in the same side,
can't Pogba and Coutinho? Anyway, whether it's him or not I'd like to see a player of that type.[/QUOTEh]0

Think th two Silvas positioning, awareness, tactical understanding is a lot moore advance ed than Coutinho tbh.

He's no where near intelligent enough for the role.

He's the Brazilian Gerrard.
Goals.
Looks to hide his weaknesses with Roy of the rovers long range
Closed Thread