Unread 04-08-2018, 05:59 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
Vidic. .Evra signed before the gimps..,Gimp
Precisely his point

Unread 04-08-2018, 06:14 PM
red in cumbria

Didn't they actually sign midway through the 2005/06 season?

Unread 04-08-2018, 06:15 PM
andyroo

They did indeed.

So his point was wrong and so was ziggy's criticism of it

Unread 04-08-2018, 06:32 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Both top players, especially Kroos, but £#%&! me, how about we show some imagination in the market and try and get some young stars that we can grow and develop, rather than players approaching the winter of their careers and looking for their last big pay day?

The Mourinho Virus is going to do so much damage to us long-term. Lumbering us with a load of geriatrics whilst destroying the development of our youngsters. Lots to look forward to.
It’s easier to do so when the young players are surrounded by top pros, whilst coming into an established successful team with leaders around them. Schmeichel, Bruce, Keane, Cantona for example.

I see no evidence of any youngsters who’s development has been destroyed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Isn't modric open to leaving for inter ffs? Probably too small for the broken one.
Have you seen fred?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flixton
So we must have £100m burning a hole in our pocket.
Only for commerciallly valuable players. That’s the department which runs the club post Fergie. Even then, it will probably be borrowed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
We were in a position of power as champions in 2013 with an ageing defence and attack to replace. Look how that turned out.
That’s not a position of power.

Quote:
Fergie wasn't buying a bunch of soon to be 30 year olds when he was losing out to Chelsea in the seasons running up to 2007.
Because he already had a shit tonne of them.

Unread 04-08-2018, 08:55 PM
LFOD

Quote:
We were in a position of power as champions in 2013 with an ageing defence and attack to replace. Look how that turned out.

Fergie wasn't buying a bunch of soon to be 30 year olds when he was losing out to Chelsea in the seasons running up to 2007.
See above post , also he did go after RVP to add another title after that QPR title win. Berba wasn't a kid when he was bought.

Unread 04-08-2018, 09:52 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
I see no evidence of any youngsters who’s development has been destroyed.
Shaw, Bailly, Lindelof, Pogba, Martial, Rashford.

Please tell me which of these players are fulfilling their potential and developing under the current manger.

I suppose you think it's all the players fault, though? I could perhaps see that argument if it was one or two, but not when it's all six.

Unread 04-08-2018, 11:14 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
They did indeed.

They signed January 05, gimps took over may 05

Unread 04-08-2018, 11:16 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
They signed January 05, gimps took over may 05
06 pal.

Unread 04-08-2018, 11:19 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
06 pal.
My mistake thought it was 05,, does not change the fact that the gimps are horrible bastards..

Unread 04-08-2018, 11:58 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
They did indeed.

My point was that when he was building his last great team, he wasn't buying 29 year olds, including the initial period after the Glazers took over.

Quote:
See above post , also he did go after RVP to add another title after that QPR title win. Berba wasn't a kid when he was bought.
Fergie's transfers after 2007 have contributed to our current predicament, that's why I made the distinction.

Unread 05-08-2018, 03:48 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Shaw, Bailly, Lindelof, Pogba, Martial, Rashford.

Please tell me which of these players are fulfilling their potential and developing under the current manger.

I suppose you think it's all the players fault, though? I could perhaps see that argument if it was one or two, but not when it's all six.
Players fulfil potential as they age. It doesn’t happen overnight. As for developing - Bailly, Pogba and Rashford. Will see the benefit this season. Can add lukaku and lingard to that. Even if you disagree that they’re developing, they’re certainly not being destroyed. Shaw and martial is entirely down to them. Lindelof I have no idea. He’s got no worse. Still picked for his country. So not destroyed.

Quote:
My point was that when he was building his last great team, he wasn't buying 29 year olds, including the initial period after the Glazers took over.
Again, because he already had a lot of players that age. Besides, top players that age cost a lot to buy and we were shopping in the value bin.

Unread 05-08-2018, 09:03 AM
andyroo

Giggs, Scholes and...?

He cleared Keane and Van Nistelrooy out.

Unread 05-08-2018, 10:24 AM
Jethro

Is this the same source that said our £50 million Brazilian international midfielder can't trap a ball?

Unread 05-08-2018, 01:14 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Is this the same source that said our £50 million Brazilian international midfielder can't trap a ball?
Christ; you really are a humour vacuum aren’t you? Go and £#%&! your greyhound you boring £#%&!ing @#%&!.

Unread 05-08-2018, 01:32 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:

Fergie's transfers after 2007 have contributed to our current predicament, that's why I made the distinction.
He won 4 titles with players he signed post '07, we've spent £600million since he left on players in every position on the pitch and yet 5 of the players he signed post '07 are still regular starters, explain exactly how you think that means Fergie contributed to our current predicament.

Unread 05-08-2018, 02:13 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Christ; you really are a humour vacuum aren’t you? Go and £#%&! your greyhound you boring £#%&!ing @#%&!.
Closed Thread