United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-04-2019, 02:55 PM
puressence

Should be dropped from the squad. Fact

Unread 01-04-2019, 03:10 PM
Clownbones

Ah well. Forces us to get a better option. Which we needed to do anyway.

Unread 01-04-2019, 03:12 PM
AK14

We'll probably end up paying some one a lot shitter much more than he wanted.

Eric Dier on 250k a week or something.

Unread 01-04-2019, 03:14 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
We'll probably end up paying some one a lot shitter much more than he wanted.

Eric Dier on 250k a week or something.
Neves, please

Unread 01-04-2019, 03:14 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
This.

I'd rather any prospective wage and signing bonus we were contemplating giving Herrera went towards a new signing.

Unread 01-04-2019, 03:20 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
This.

I'd rather any prospective wage and signing bonus we were contemplating giving Herrera went towards a new signing.
Maybe that's what woodward wanted?

Maybe Ole agreed...

Shake his hand, but not firmly. Was something of a let down signing.

Unread 01-04-2019, 03:22 PM
AK14

Quote:
Neves, please
That would be too logical for the people running the club pal.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we didn’t actually sign a replacement and promoted Fred to starter tbh.

Unread 01-04-2019, 04:04 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

We’ll promote McAverage and Pereira

Unread 01-04-2019, 04:14 PM
ScarFace

Sad. I liked him.

People celebrating need to remember we probably won't replace him and will just mean more time for Mongtominay

Unread 01-04-2019, 04:17 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Sad. I liked him.

People celebrating need to remember we probably won't replace him and will just mean more time for Mongtominay
I don't think there's much celebration.

More of, well he's not worth £170k and it may mean we actually get a better midfielder.

Slim hopes, but they keep a man alive.

Unread 01-04-2019, 04:20 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
I don't think there's much celebration.

More of, well he's not worth £170k and it may mean we actually get a better midfielder.

Slim hopes, but they keep a man alive.
Oh bless you my poor naïve child

Unread 01-04-2019, 04:22 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

We’ll promote McAverage and Pereira
Nah. We'll buy plenty this summer.

Whether it's the right player or even one the manager wants is another issue.

Unread 01-04-2019, 05:48 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Yep.

United really want him to stay apparently?

Something about him being a club ambassador once he’s retired.
Yes because he's Mother Teresa. He can be the ambassador once he has retired. He's got another 3 years playing and he is £#%&!ing shit.

Unread 01-04-2019, 05:52 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Nah. We'll buy plenty this summer.

Whether it's the right player or even one the manager wants is another issue.
Under the glazers?

Not likely.

Unread 01-04-2019, 06:01 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Under the glazers?

Not likely.
i think we'll buy young players and maybe rabiot on a free to replace Ander. £150 max. We'll sell about £50mil worth of players too.

Unread 01-04-2019, 06:05 PM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs down

still can't believe the neck on this pointy pointless Spanish @#%&!

he should be biting our hands off at £150k-a-week

in Paris we had our greatest win since Fergie retired and El Pointy was nowhere to be seen....neither were Matic, Pogba or Mata

Unread 01-04-2019, 06:09 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Woodward really is a disgrace.

Shameful.

His deal should have been tied up long ago and way before he could feasibly start to demand wild wages. I knew the game was up as soon as woodward started briefing his usual lackeys. It's tragic that our dealings are so £#%&!ing transparent now.

We are the type of circus we once laughed at. Thanks woodward.
I know it’s become fashionable to blame Woodward for everything, but in fairness we’re not privvy to all the information. It looks on the surface like we’re pulling an Arsenal under Wenger, being tight on re-upping early then losing good players for nought; but the other side of that is we end up paying ridiculous wages to get them to sign, then can’t move them on because no other club can afford them without us eating some of it. Plus, we don’t know who we’re looking at as an upgrade and what they’ll cost.

Clearly the Sanchez deal has skewed everything, but if anything that was Woodward trying too hard to give Mourinho what he wanted. If that’s what it took to get him here rather than City, then that’s what it took. The alternative is being accused of not supporting your manager, which is what happened anyway.

Woodward is clearly clueless and out of his depth, but he’s not to blame for everything. Just look at the dough we’ve spent since he’s been in charge.

Cream

Quote:
Under the glazers?

Not likely.
Ole made a point of prioritising market value in his recent inaugural interview.

Worked for Freggie. Very unlikely to work for anybody else. Especially in this day and age.

ZiggyStardust

Not sure why there’s such skepticism about us spending a lot in the summer

Pretty sure outside of PSG and City we’ve been the biggest spending club in the world since Fergie retired

Unread 01-04-2019, 06:17 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I know it’s become fashionable to blame Woodward for everything, but in fairness we’re not privvy to all the information. It looks on the surface like we’re pulling an Arsenal under Wenger, being tight on re-upping early then losing good players for nought; but the other side of that is we end up paying ridiculous wages to get them to sign, then can’t move them on because no other club can afford them without us eating some of it. Plus, we don’t know who we’re looking at as an upgrade and what they’ll cost.

Clearly the Sanchez deal has skewed everything, but if anything that was Woodward trying too hard to give Mourinho what he wanted. If that’s what it took to get him here rather than City, then that’s what it took. The alternative is being accused of not supporting your manager, which is what happened anyway.

Woodward is clearly clueless and out of his depth, but he’s not to blame for everything. Just look at the dough we’ve spent since he’s been in charge.

this...it's not like Woodward, as dopey as he is, has not been throwing millions about, he did sanction the Pogba deal ffs, and even last summer we still spent £50million he wouldn't give Maureen the cash for Perisic and more especially Boateng (who is shite, injury prone and way over-priced).....not defending him as he's still done a lot wrong but in England only City and the Dippers are spending more than us and I am prestty sure that will change this summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Ole made a point of prioritising market value in his recent inaugural interview.

Worked for Freggie. Very unlikely to work for anybody else. Especially in this day and age.
Glazers at the wheel......
Closed Thread