United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-08-2015, 10:48 PM
ZiggyStardust

Have to say I wasn't happy with the idea of Blind as a regular centre back before the season started but he's been our best player so far this season

Immaculate

One moment in the 2nd half he was isolated 1 v 1 against a very fast forward and how he dealt with that situation was so intelligent and took the ball off the lad

The pass for Memphis

Let's see how they do when they face a couple of top sides but Smalling and Blind is looking a cracking partnership at the moment

Unread 18-08-2015, 10:51 PM
saffers

Imagine calling blind a waste of money at £14m ffs

CB, LB, DM. Top technician.

Worrying if he's our first choice cb but love the guy.

Unread 18-08-2015, 10:51 PM
jem

he's a good footballer, but, if rojo is fit, he's straight in. maybe when we go back to 3 at the back, eh?

prefer blind to have more freedom to get forward occasionally anyway.

Unread 18-08-2015, 10:52 PM
Jack Duckworth

bunks treading the line between sage and football £#%&!ery very well in this thread

Unread 18-08-2015, 10:53 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
he's a good footballer, but, if rojo is fit, he's straight in. maybe when we go back to 3 at the back, eh?

I honestly don't think so. Rojo is a bit of an empty vessel.

Unread 18-08-2015, 11:04 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I honestly don't think so. Rojo is a bit of an empty vessel.
hasn't looked it so far.

Unread 18-08-2015, 11:08 PM
silv

Finds himself a position anywhere... Left back, midfield, cb... No doubt see him dreamboat his way into goal if Romero £#%&!s up

Unread 19-08-2015, 07:20 AM
irk

Didn't think he'd cut the mustard at CB. I'm happy so far although the lack of pace may be an issue, and I worry about him getting out muscled. A sumptuous ball for the goal last night though.

I do have one major concern though. That beard. Quite frankly the Jedediah Barn Raising/captain Ahab look is threatening his dreamboat status. Thoughts?

Unread 19-08-2015, 07:50 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk

I do have one major concern though. That beard. Quite frankly the Jedediah Barn Raising/captain Ahab look is threatening his dreamboat status. Thoughts?
Yep. Tried to ignore it at first but it's become a huge issue for me and I fear it's something that will affect his long term standing in the game. Wouldn't be so bad if he hadn't started off life in the dream boat category - but to go from dream boat to this £#%&!ing teenage Isis fuzz look shows an incredible lack of self awareness.

Most people know that beards are for absolute @#%&!s. Especially the half mast pant Bretagne jumper wearing @#%&!s that try to read Jean paul Sartre whilst walking down market street. OG beard wearers I can cope with tbh but the fashionistas are proper cringe.

But this Hamas chic thing from blind is something else altogether. One of two things as far as I'm concerned - it's either a form of self harm suggesting some greater problem is at work or, as is common to all beard wearers, it's simply a tool to hide a much deeper issue.

Probably both come to think of it.

Not good, not good at all.

Unread 19-08-2015, 07:59 AM
PeakyBlinder

Smalling has been our player of the season so far, not Blind.

Done very well, though.

Unread 19-08-2015, 08:00 AM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Yep. Tried to ignore it at first but it's become a huge issue for me and I fear it's something that will affect his long term standing in the game. Wouldn't be so bad if he hadn't started off life in the dream boat category - but to go from dream boat to this £#%&!ing teenage Isis fuzz look shows an incredible lack of self awareness.

Most people know that beards are for absolute @#%&!s. Especially the half mast pant Bretagne jumper wearing @#%&!s that try to read Jean paul Sartre whilst walking down market street. OG beard wearers I can cope with tbh but the fashionistas are proper cringe.

But this Hamas chic thing from blind is something else altogether. One of two things as far as I'm concerned - it's either a form of self harm suggesting some greater problem is at work or, as is common to all beard wearers, it's simply a tool to hide a much deeper issue.

If carlserg did posts,

Unread 19-08-2015, 08:10 AM
Vetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith

Somebody can't grow a beard.

Unread 19-08-2015, 08:15 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetch
Daley Blind?

Unread 19-08-2015, 09:20 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetch
I'd be delighted if I couldn't grow a beard as I wouldn't have shave nearly every day

Unread 19-08-2015, 09:26 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
I'd be delighted if I couldn't grow a beard as I wouldn't have shave nearly every day
I think I've spotted what you're doing wrong.

Unread 19-08-2015, 10:48 AM
Jethro

Warming to this a lot. Intelligent, great distribution and reads the game better than most. This obsession with lighting quick centrebacks needs to be put to bed.

Keep the Smalling/Blind partnership for as long as possible imo

Unread 19-08-2015, 10:50 AM
Semantic Lisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

rojo won't get back in till shaw gets his first injury, surely

Unread 19-08-2015, 11:01 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semantic Lisp
rojo won't get back in till shaw gets his first injury, surely
rojo can play left back, but he is a better centre back than blind.

Unread 19-08-2015, 11:02 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
rojo can play left back, but he is a better centre back than blind.
Think he meant Blind would revert to left back, Rojo in at CB. Probably.

Unread 19-08-2015, 11:06 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Think he meant Blind would revert to left back, Rojo in at CB. Probably.
oh. wants to see blind's lack of pace exposed? fair enough.
Closed Thread