United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-02-2007, 04:44 AM
Grimson

I think both teams will be chasing Seba's Estudiantes anyway.

Boca didn't really create all that much with the 2-man advantage. I thought Palermo looked a lot better than he had during the Verano, but Palacios was invisible. Caranta is definitely better than Bobadilla, don't you think?

Belluschi was careless for River, and I knew he'd miss his penalty.

Unread 02-02-2007, 04:45 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
Penalties? Thought this was a league match.
No, the league doesn't start for another 10 days. This was the Copa Revancha. River & Boca face off every year at the end of the summer tournament.

Unread 02-02-2007, 04:46 AM
TreeFiddy

Oh right.

So...how goes the night Grimsy?

Unread 02-02-2007, 04:50 AM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
I think both teams will be chasing Seba's Estudiantes anyway.

Boca didn't really create all that much with the 2-man advantage. I thought Palermo looked a lot better than he had during the Verano, but Palacios was invisible. Caranta is definitely better than Bobadilla, don't you think?

Belluschi was careless for River, and I knew he'd miss his penalty.
Yeah, River defended very well once they went down to 9 men. Boca just weren't able to create anything with River sitting back.

Goes back to the lack of a decent enganche again I think. Guillermo is OK as a squad player, but I don't think he's up to being a starter at this point.

Caranta is looking like a good buy. He was one of the few Boca players who really impressed me during the Torneo Verano.

Not sure about Marioni. What do you make of him?

*EDIT* Oh and I agree about Palermo. He definitely looked a lot better.

Unread 02-02-2007, 04:50 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
Oh right.

So...how goes the night Grimsy?
Oh, nice. How abut you? My girl came over the watch the match with me...which wasn't really what I would have wanted, because I thought she would be bored. But she got quite into it, especially the penalties. She has an early morning, so she went back to her place after the match...leaving me with Fred.

Unread 02-02-2007, 04:52 AM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Oh, nice. How abut you? My girl came over the watch the match with me...which wasn't really what I would have wanted, because I thought she would be bored. But she got quite into it, especially the penalties. She has an early morning, so she went back to her place after the match...leaving me with Fred.
I'm always left with Fred.

Somehow that isn't quite as gay as it sounds.

Unread 02-02-2007, 04:53 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Yeah, River defended very well once they went down to 9 men. Boca just weren't able to create anything with River sitting back.

Goes back to the lack of a decent enganche again I think. Guillermo is OK as a squad player, but I don't think he's up to being a starter at this point.

Caranta is looking like a good buy. He was one of the few Boca players who really impressed me during the Torneo Verano.

Not sure about Marioni. What do you make of him?

*EDIT* Oh and I agree about Palermo. He definitely looked a lot better.
Hard to say about Marioni. He didn't do much tonight, but had the two-goal game earlier (San Lorenzo was it?). He looks pretty big and strong for the Primera, so he might be able to power his way to goal ala Drogba.

Unread 02-02-2007, 04:56 AM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Hard to say about Marioni. He didn't do much tonight, but had the two-goal game earlier (San Lorenzo was it?). He looks pretty big and strong for the Primera, so he might be able to power his way to goal ala Drogba.
I'd agree with that. With him and Palermo upfront together maybe Boca can hire Graham Taylor as manager if Russo doesn't work out

Unread 02-02-2007, 07:15 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
I'd agree with that. With him and Palermo upfront together maybe Boca can hire Graham Taylor as manager if Russo doesn't work out
Seriously though, what do you think about this Bianchi rumor? Word is if at any point Boca drop more than a few points behind anyone, Russo will be sacked and Bianchi brought back in.

Unread 02-02-2007, 07:28 AM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Seriously though, what do you think about this Bianchi rumor? Word is if at any point Boca drop more than a few points behind anyone, Russo will be sacked and Bianchi brought back in.
First I've heard of it TBH.

Bianchi is a great manager and the Boca fans absolutely adore him, but I think Boca would have to carry on as poorly as they've started under Russo for this to happen. Though in Argentina you never know

Unread 02-02-2007, 07:50 AM
Grimson

The announcer in the broadcast here in the States was talking about it. Probably just a rumor, as he was spouting the more well-known ones - Aldo Duscher to River, Riquelme to Boca - he just tossed that one in casually.

Unread 02-02-2007, 07:55 AM
Serenity Now

Quote:
The announcer in the broadcast here in the States was talking about it. Probably just a rumor, as he was spouting the more well-known ones - Aldo Duscher to River, Riquelme to Boca - he just tossed that one in casually.
Bianchi and Riquelme, now that would be nice!

Apparently Deportivo still want a fair bit of money for Duscher, so he reckons he won't going to River till his contract runs out at the end of the season.

I've also heard that Boca are interested in Morais from Vasco de Gama, but again it seems they want too much for him.

Unread 02-02-2007, 08:06 AM
Grimson

Yeah I assume both the Duscher and Riquelme rumors are dead for now.
Closed Thread